- Hands on 15+ years’ experience in Information Technology, Strategic planning and program management. professional with extensive experience in leading strategic initiatives, operational efficiencies, and process improvements across industries.
- Recognized ability to distill and synthesize information into variable business strategies, lead global cross functional teams and manage complex projects.
- Superior business analysis, process improvement and change management capabilities.
- Excellent financial markets, vendor management and problem - solving skills.
- 13+ years of Information Technology experience in Banking and Financial Services companies
- 12+ years of Program Management experience with Vendor / Budget / Resources / Risk / Change / Stakeholders / Cost / Time management.
- Hands on 7+ years of working experience as Scrum Master.
- Handling 5 Scrum teams in BNYM
- Participated in PMP / ITIL / Certified Scrum Master Foundation Certification training
- Working experience in Scrum/Kanban/Agile methodology
- Working experience in JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, MS VISIO, MS Project, and HP Project Portfolio Management
- Managed a global team of 50 associates in off-shore and on-site locations
- Achieved 20% technology cost savings by eliminating inefficiencies
- Cost savings of $9 Million annually by managing projects within the Bank’ commitments and FEDERAL RESERVE imposed timeline
- Certified ISO 27001 LEAD AUDITOR, by British Standard Institute
- Certified MCSA (Microsoft Certified System Administrator) by Microsoft
- Certified CCNA (Certified Cisco Network Associate) by Cisco
- Working Experience with IT Asset Management tools(Aspera SmartTrack / ServiceNow / SCCM / SysTrack).
- MS SQL
- JasperSoft Studio
- MS Office
- MS Visio
Confidential, Jersey city, NJ
Scrum Master / Program Manager
- Strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers and ship a release.
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- Personifying Agile and Scrum more philosophically, than just a process
- Removing impediments as well as guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Conducted daily “SCRUM” calls participated by off-shore as well as on-site team members
- Created and tracked product backlog using issue tracking tool “JIRA”
- Cleared backlogs by segregating tasks into few “SPRINT” (or iteration)
- Worked with both Development as well as IT Service Scrum Team Members
- Facilitated and participated in regular stand-up meetings
- Helped the team to maintain burn down chart
- Set up sprint ceremonies (planning, retrospective, demo) and facilitated when required
- Ability to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
- Expert in estimation and planning & know how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
- A good coach in Agile practices & can coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
- Helped team / individual to clarify goals and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to shield scrum team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Ability to ensure the correct use of scrum process.
- Leading the creation of the BNYM IT strategic business plan to align with corporate goals and achieve $1+Billion in savings by 2020.
- Applied expert budget management skills to achieve 20% reduction in technology expenses through diligent research by identifying significant inefficiencies.
Confidential, Jersey city, NJ
Scrum Master / Program Manager
- On Boarded top 25 major software manufacturers into IT Service management tool (ITSM)
- Ensure the development teams are embracing and practicing core agile principles
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
- Uploaded all relevant documents in Confluence
- Prepared Gliffy diagrams in JIRA & Confluence for improved collaboration and communication
- Updated company project portfolio system for status, resource capacity planning, and budget preparation
- Prepared Discovery report and Entitlement report & Generated compliance report for senior management
- Managed software True up program for MS & yearly renewals for the IBM, HP, Symantec, Adobe, and Oracle
- Retired more than 70 Sybase databases by migrating them to Oracle / SQL by following all the five phases of PMI project lifecycle
- Automated Security patch management for ~4000 Apache and iPlanet web servers
- Led the Vendor software optimization program that resulted in a savings of ~4M in Annual ELA
- Retired/Migrated more than 75% of EOL systems to Private Cloud (Apache/Tomcat) in last 2 years resulting in reduced extended maintenance cost and risk mitigation
- Led the strategic planning and project execution of a $50M Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering services group
- Identified and led initiatives to obtain savings for a $150M global BNYM Technology Services Group and information services division by partnering with business leaders.
- Managed a project team consisting of Project managers, Business Analysts, DB admins, Developers and Testers for the project duration.
- Led, coordinated, and facilitated meetings to review project status with core project team members, key-stakeholders, and corporate leadership team members.
- Prepared project status reports and other presentation materials for senior management.
- Effectively communicated project status and expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Developed and tracked progress against detailed project plans including schedules, cost estimates, resources plan, communication plans, risk mitigation plans, issues resolution and capacity planning.
- Acted proactively to maintain progress and minimize risk and Maintained effective project controls.
- Operated as a critical liaison between various disciplines within the IT Department and external entities including technology consultants, technology equipment vendors and space planning architects.
- Created and executed project charter, work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Maintained open and timely communication with supervisors, managers and working groups involved in the projects.
- Prepared and submitted cost estimates and recommended subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Managed project financials tracking budget to actuals.
- Defined project scope, goals and deliverables that support business requirements in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Created detailed project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) that organizes and defines project work scope, identifies project tasks, dependencies, resource requirements, costs, critical path activity, risks, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Managed and maintained Project Plans to track all tasks and deliverables and publish status reports, executive briefings, meeting minutes and other collaboration tools to effectively communicate project activity.
- Worked with Core project team to assist in the development of test plans for new applications and oversee unit testing and system testing to ensure the delivery of functional, low-error systems and solve critical business problems.
- Managed development of critical project deliverables throughout the project development lifecycle, from Initiation and Planning & Analysis stages
- Managed and supported integration testing, UAT, and implementation cutover testing.
- Managed transfer to Operations & Maintenance Groups and Change Management control processes.
- Proactively managed changes in project scope, schedule, and budget as per PMO guidelines.
- Followed & complied with IT PMO framework and implemented quality control and project standards.
- Proactively performed risk management and defined contingency and mitigation strategies.
- Provides program level management across multiple projects aligned to multiple business objectives.
IT Security Analyst
- Responsible for Windows Platform Security of the 1500 servers connected to Confidential Banks in US, UK, MESA, Africa & India
- Reviewer of Server security request & Issuing Sign off Certificate
- Performed Windows Server Acceptance Test (SAT) & addressing the non-compliances to System administrators who are responsible for the maintenance of IT Infrastructure & System AdministrationDaily Monitoring & Real Time Monitoring of System Logs
- Performed Ongoing Compliance verification for servers - Security Verification Test
- Managed Global Password Management System (GPMS)
- Responsible for the maintenance of IT Infrastructure office in Bangalore
- Administering MS Windows 2000 Server, Professional, Windows XP, Windows NT workstation 4.0, Windows 98, Windows 95, etc.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting of Local Area Network, High End Servers, (DELL, COMPAQ, HP & IBM) Laptops, (DELL, COMPAQ & IBM) Desktop computers, (DELL, COMPAQ, HP), Switches, (3COM), Routers, (CISCO).
- Providing administration support to end users, like solving problems, Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting application and client packages for the users
- Updating Antivirus on servers and network client PC's
- Taking back up and restoring.