- Over 16 years of experience in global enterprise applications development & delivery, program management, process improvement, Infrastructure projects, and business development.
- Successful in delivering multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of professionalism and reduced project delivery time.
- Directed a team of 20 plus (Project Leads, Business Analysts, Developers, and Testers) through all stages of deadline driven projects.
- Over 10 years of Agile project management experience with SCRUM (certified) methodology in agriculture, automotive, & insurance industries.
- Managed multiple vendors/suppliers (software, tools, services, and development) simultaneously to deliver robust technical solutions to meet business critical requirements.
Operating Systems: Linux, UNIX, Windows
Software: C, Pro*C, PL/SQL, ASP, PERL, Java, J2EE, JQuery, Business Objects
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, DB2, Mongo DB
Tools: Clarity PPM, MS Project, JIRA, Confluence, MS SharePoint, SuiteCRM, SiteScope/BAC
Methodology: SDLC (Waterfall), Unified SDM, Agile (SCRUM)
Platforms: MobileFirst, ISAM, AEM (Adobe Experience Manager), Akamai Cloud Solutions, Drupal
Analytics: Web Trends, Trillium Quality, Trillium Discovery
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Technical Program Manager
- Successfully delivered major enhancements to branded websites such as Greenbook, FarmJournal, AgTech, ProduceMarketGuide, & FarmJournalMobile, on - time/on-budget by leading multiple external vendors and internal teams utilizing Agile (Scrum) project management best practices.
- Schedule and facilitate sprint planning meeting(s). Work with product owners and delivery teams to groom stories prior to beginning of each sprint.
- Led the complex project to improve overall data accuracy for Greenbook residing on Drupal database and several APIs, which resulted in high customer satisfaction for Farm Journal Clients.
- Spearheaded re-design of a few sites such as Ag-Tech, Produce Retailer, & Greenbook to improve user experience on desktop, mobile, & tablets within short deadlines and delivered a quality project(s).
- Coordinated with development, testing, & user experience teams to improve on estimating process for project delivery and set standards for estimation (Low, Medium, High, & Complex projects).
- Engaged in overall improvement of JIRA ticket system to address & meet SLAs for issues, ad-hoc requests, and quick turn-around minor projects.
- Guided internal team & external vendors to create common Drupal platform for different needs such as directory sites, expo event sites, & content delivery sites.
- Led the overall SEO (Search Engine Optimization) across several branded sites and set same standards across all new sites creation and enhancement.
- Oversee multiple external vendors located in USA, India, Europe, & China for delivery & track project hours.
- Initiated best practices to improve QA testing and identify issues prior to UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Initiated and led comprehensive CRM process & tool (SuiteCRM) for multiple divisions such as Crops, Livestock, & Produce. Integrated data from several systems to flow into a single CRM database.
- Coordinated with finance team, development team, & senior management (CTO) to create common Drupal eCommerce for paid information products on branded sites.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Technical Program Manager
- Spearheaded development & delivery of consumer-facing re-design of brand vehicles sites for multiple user-interfaces (Desktop, Mobile, & Tablets). The site resulted in increase of 15% user traffic.
- Led internal development team, suppliers, and vendors to increase the stability of the production environment, which reduced the downtime to the MS&S B2C Applications. Overall availability of the production environment increased from 82% to 95%.
- Established criteria for each milestone within the development lifecycle to effectively measure progress and stay on top with timelines and budget.
- Oversee the development team on the Agile (Scrum) sprint cycles and set the standards high to deliver a quality product (B2C sites). Overall customer satisfaction on the project delivery increased by 20%.
- Protect team from over commitment, manage product/sprint backlog, prioritize resolution of defects as evidenced by the on-time delivery of 5 major initiatives - Usage, stability, availability, security, and performance.
- Managed various major projects, with budgets ranging from $500,000 to $3,000,000 to re-design B2C sites and launch projects leveraging Akamai Cloud solutions and AEM security measures.
- Coached and mentored new staff members, including conducting performance reviews and providing feedback.
- Collaborated design specifications, managed scope, assisted in vendor contract negotiations, led system testing and delivered training materials.
- Coordinate with cross-functional IT managers (Architecture, Security, etc.) and Infrastructure (Server Engineering, Web Operations) mangers to align on project objectives and timelines.
- Present metrics & dashboard on AD Projects and initiatives to business and senior management on a regular cadence (monthly & quarterly).
- Facilitated Agile adoption retrospective for the organization with the leadership and guided teams with outcome resulting in enhanced performance.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Responsible to lead the delivery of 1st Mobile application for the organization leveraging IBM MobileFirst and existing backend systems.
- Collaborate with internal teams (Architecture, Security, Engineering, & Release management) and software vendors to implement tactical and strategic solution for Member Portal Mobile Application development and delivery.
- Create SOW and engage multiple software and app dev vendors through all phases of the project development and testing cycles.
- Oversee Agile scrum team (9-11 resources) in executing the 3-week sprint cycles and remove roadblocks to progress as planned and in a timely manner.
- Guide the team in creating the processes for the App store release to support beta and production launch to Apple and Google Play stores.
- Enforce project management principles and complete all required artifacts to align project delivery per organization standards and guidelines.
- Create forecast, staffing plan, vendor and labor tracking mechanisms and proactively manage resource hours to stay under budget.
- Communicate project status to team, business owners, senior management, and executive leadership as appropriate at regular intervals to assure all impacted stakeholders an understanding of risks, issues, and activities related to the project.
- Lead the business meetings to baseline the scope of work and enable development of the plan.
- Negotiate resources allocation from other internal teams (Testing, Security, & Architecture) as needed to ease the delivery of member portal suite of applications.
- Responsible to deliver enhancements to other Member Portal Suite of applications such as CDR, WebMD.
- Utilized Agile Scrum practices to help team increase their velocity by 34% within first couple of sprint cycles.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
- Guided development team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and task definition and participated proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools and best practices reducing development time by 24%.
- Communicate on regular basis with stakeholders (executive champion), project managers, development team, and other IT teams to ensure the project progress, risks, and results.
- Instructed and modeled core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility; ensured consistent application of scrum methodologies.
- Create plan and SOW to engage multiple vendors at different phases of the project as needed to support the initial and subsequent releases of Car-Net CWP.
- Effectively hire, train, and supervise staff in all aspects of application development and testing.
- Skilled in creative project management, strategic planning, and out-of-box thinking, resulting in dramatic improvements in quality and customer satisfaction.
- Led development team of Developers, Business Analysts, Testers and off-shore vendor development team (in India); developed project roadmap and schedule, directed team operations, and resolved issues.
- Guide the team during the sprint planning & sprint review sessions and enforce the process to update all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
Senior Project Manager
- Lead daily stand-ups, retrospectives, iteration planning and backlog grooming meetings.
- Guide team to realistic time estimates for user stories and accurately estimate deliverables and deadlines.
- Work with product owners and delivery teams to groom stories in advance of each sprint.
- Manage interactions with executive clients and sponsors, driving satisfaction and identifying opportunities to enhance stakeholder value through application function while extending the scope of services.
- Allocate and direct resources to accomplish project tasks and maintain project schedule and deliverable quality.
- Served as a counselor and coach; offer input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities.
- Identified critical path decisions, make recommendations and influence program leaders and business process owners to maximize project payback.
- Assist with requirements of project, user stories, and provide technical specifications of project.
- Enact change and continuous improvement increasing the productivity of Scrum teams by 18% and quality of deliverables by 24%.
Senior Project Manager
- Successfully managed more than 5 projects, 14 applications and relationships with 18 stakeholder managers.
- Managed staff of 18 - 26 application development employees and contractors (on-shore and off-shore).
- Maintain product backlog and work with product managers to align backlog with product roadmap.
- Plan and execute successfully all sprint ceremonies - Planning, Daily stand-ups, Review, & Retrospective.
- Coordinate, monitor & control activities through the entire software development life cycle to ensure deliveries of concurrent multiple releases with agreed scope and timelines.
- Developed periodic goals, organized workloads, set priorities, monitor project and support activities, and ensure timely and accurate completion of work.
- Coordinate and manage code releases and shared APIs with other IT groups in the organization.
- Communicate with other management, engineers, product managers, and support specialists on product issues.
- Successfully migrated more than 10 projects from waterfall to agile scrum methodology within 8 months.
- Worked with engineering & network teams to identify cross-functional dependencies and manage inter-team tasks.
- Ownership of Development projects/initiatives for ITI monitoring activities.
- Delivered SiteScope 9.5 upgrade, which impacted 8 SiteScope servers and 2000 plus application owners.
- Gather requirements and coordinate with Applications teams for new monitors creation.
- Completed successfully fragmentation of Ford Credit Applications monitors. Researched and identified ITMS numbers for all Ford Credit SiteScope monitors on the INT, B2C, and PD boxes.
- Lead team to implement BAC 7.5 upgrade project. Coordinate with HP Vendor on the issues, progress, and implementation of BAC 7.5 upgrade.
- Upgraded WebTrends (v8.7) to meet the technology standards and deliver high performance reports.
- Conducted Audio/WebEx learning sessions for end users on WebTrends v8.7/SDC functionality.
- Mentored other team members in several areas such as WT, App & ITI monitoring.
- Effectively communicated with teams in NA, ADS-AP & SISU location on several issues.
- Lead the effort of Trillium Upgrades and effectively manage Trillium vendor to meet the project deadlines.
Confidential, Livonia, MI
- Developed and implemented Ordering system using Core Java, Servlets, JSP, HTML, DHTML, AJAX and XML.
- Provided asynchronous communication between various Internet/Intranet applications using XML & JMS. XML data is parsed using SAX.
- Developed Servlets to handle HTTP client requests by using Servlet Request and Servlet Response Objects.