Results - driven technical leader with extensive experience directing highly complex virtualization implementation projects and Citrix environments for medium to large companies. Successful at building, empowering, and leading multi-disciplined teams to install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain systems and software applications per business requirements. Effective at leveraging emerging virtualization technologies to design, deploy, and document scalable, high-performing desktop, server, and application-based solutions.
Team Leadership & Development
Complex IT Project Coordination & Execution
Server / Desktop / Application Virtualization
Network Design & Deployment
Evaluating New & Existing Technologies
System / Software Troubleshooting & Support
Strategic IT Planning & Implementation
Citrix Monitoring, Reporting, Alerts
T ECHNOLOGY TOOLS:
Software: Citrix MetaFrame 1.8; Presentation Server 3.0-4.0; XenApp 5.0-7.6; XenDesktop 4.0-7.6; Storefront 2.6; Web Interface 5.0-5.4; XenServer 5.0-6.0; Provisioning Services 5.0-7.6; Streaming Profiler 6.0; Director; EdgeSight (4.0-5.4) for XenApp/EndPoints/Virtual Desktops; EdgeSight for NetScaler 2.1; EdgeSight for Load Testing; EdgeSight Advanced Application Monitoring; Command Center (4-5); NetScaler Insight Manager; NetScaler VPX 9.0-10.5 Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) 4.2-4.6; WSUS; Deployment Tool; Active Directory; MS SQL 2005-2012, Office Suite; FrontPage; Publisher; Project
Other Software: VMWare ESX (3.5, 5, and 5.5) and GSX Server and Workstation FSLogix 2.0, AppSense 8 Suite. Immidio Flex Profiles, Res Wisdom 2009, SysTrack 3.5, Clear2View, Dell IT Assistant, SolarWinds Orion, Avocent, Dell DRAC, Altiris Deployment Solution, PHD Virtual Backup for XenServer, SAP, Visio, Evernote, Visual Studio 2015, Notepad++, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, paint.NET, TeamViewer, WinSCP, 7-Zip, LastPass, Skype, Lync, Putty, Remote Desktop Manager, ASG-Remote Desktop Hardware Dell 3rd - 9th Generation Servers, IBM 345, 445 Servers, Dell/IBM/HP Laptops/Desktops
Operating Systems: Windows 2012 R2/2008 R2/ 2003 / 2000 Servers, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP Desktops Networking Protocols TCP/IP, ICA, RDP, HTTP, SNMP, SMTP, NNTP, DHCP, DNS
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Cloud Architect / Senior Project Manager
- Support remote access via smartphones, tablets, and PCs for field, office, and home-based users.
- Oversaw the design and content of the Customer Services Americas SharePoint site that provided information and tools to 1,800+ Field Service Engineers and support personnel.
- Seamlessly migrated an installation order team generating $300+ million in annual revenues from an older Citrix system to a new Citrix environment with zero downtime.
Confidential, Middlebury, CT
- Led strategic planning supporting the current / future IT infrastructure with focus on virtualization technologies for a global specialty chemical company.
- Managed seven employees. Worked with enterprise team to evaluate new and existing software requests.
- Spearheaded a Citrix Virtual Desktop/Exchange/SharePoint project to develop and migrate new architectures to XenApp 6.5, Exchange 2010, and SharePoint 2010 across four data centers (including DR).
- Successfully led team in transferring operational and administrative support of all systems to a new support infrastructure with minimal customer impact.
Client Access Manager
- Provided end-user issue support to ensure daily availability of MS Exchange, Sharepoint, and Citrix systems.
- Led seven direct reports.
- Accountable for issue resolution, engineering / administration of Citrix environment, and budget oversight for a Client Access Department covering software licenses, salaries, and contract work.
- Reduced user downtime by working with LANDesk Manager to apply patches / updates and perform new software installations.
- Directed a geographically dispersed virtual team of Engineers to administer and support Citrix, SharePoint, Exchange, LANDesk, Live Meeting, Office Communicator, and Thin Clients for the enterprise.
- Partnered with IT Project Managers and team members to ensure successful delivery of new services to users.
Client Technologies Engineer
- Designed and administered 70+ provisioned Citrix servers supporting 1,400+ unique visitors daily from facilities worldwide as well as 20+ provisioned XenDesktop 5 Windows 7 desktops for resource-intensive users/applications.
- Leveraged Netscaler to provide load balancing, application firewall, and Access Gateway for Citrix and non-Citrix services.
- Deployed applications via Citrix Application Streaming.
- Led efforts to develop and present Key Performance Indicators to report on Citrix application utilization, remote location performance, server health, and user experience on a monthly basis to upper IT management.
- Designed an innovative solution to provide better communications to users on future outages, server image changes, and software updates.
- Developed a simple web-based report to track and address load issues for all Citrix servers.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Team Lead / Senior Systems Engineer
- Successfully completed milestones to support 1,500+ concurrent users for a potential Pan-flu epidemic and 3,000+ concurrent users as a result of H1N1 and telework initiatives.
- Served as Team Lead on numerous projects to (1) launch AppSense Suite 8.1 (2) RES Automation Manager to provide server administration (3) WSUS / Res Automation Manager supporting monthly patch schedules for Microsoft / other software vendors and (4) Citrix EdgeSight for in-depth analysis of Citrix environment.
- Eliminated roaming profiles and reduced login times by leading a project to transition Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s XenApp farm to AppSense Environment Manager.
- Established a Wordpress blog to communicate changes across the Citrix environment as well as MS Project Web Server to help team with to-do lists, status reports, and SharePoint functions.
- Developed and implemented a plan to deploy a major XenApp software upgrade to a few servers at a time to ensure system stability with zero downtime to users.
Confidential - Johnson City, TN
- Provided network analysis and system support for a regional healthcare system.
- Served as Secondary McAfee Enterprise Administrator, Print Server Administrator and Wintel Administrator for Confidential .
- Oversaw Citrix reporting and creation / distribution of software packages, hotfixes, and patches to all servers in the farm.
- Engineered and administrated 30+ Citrix servers supporting an available 1,275 connections from within and outside the network via Citrix Secure Gateway.
- Published approximately 30 business, clinical, and support applications across multiple servers, and worked with application analysts to implement and troubleshoot new and existing applications.
- Installed and configured 16 Windows 2003 servers supporting estimated 400 concurrent Citrix 3.0 (upgraded to 4.0) connections as part of implementing Siemens MAK (Medicine Administration checK) across multiple hospital locations.
- Planned and coordinated an infrastructure project to launch a multi-site emergency room tracking and charting system.
- Worked closely with vendors, contractors, and IT staff to deploy above hardware decisions at five emergency rooms ranging from 2 to 52 beds.