- Solutions - focused and analytical professional with 20 years of technical and coding experience.
- Proven history of success executing implementation, configuration, and maintenance solutions for corporate information systems.
- Adept at identifying and leading innovative strategies that reduce redundancy, improve accuracy and efficiency, and deliver organizational competitiveness.
- Expertise in Financial Services industry including Brokerage, Insurance, and Retirement for on-line and batch business applications.
- Accomplished communicator and leader skilled in building and strengthening relationships across functions to drive cohesive, strategic operations.
- Expert programmer and coder with experience in full lifecycle application development focused on issue resolution, production support, and process improvement.
- Success developing, analyzing, and executing technical design solutions in a team environment or independently.
- Skilled leader and trainer with a track record of directing multiple tasks effectively to ensure on target completion of all deliverables.
Hardware: IBM 3090, Z/OS
Operating Systems: MVS/ESA, MVS/XA, Unix, Windows
Databases: DB2, IDMS, MSSQL, VSAM
Languages: COBOL MVS/LE, COBOL II, MICROFOCUS Cobol, CICS Command, JCL, SQL
Software: CICS Command Level, TSO/ISPF, VSAM, DB2, QMF, SPUFI, INTERTEST, XPEDITER, CHANGEMAN, CEDF, FILE-AID, DATA EXPERT, MVS/UTILITIES, DB2 UTILITIES, API, COBOL STORED PROCEDURES, SQL STORED PROCEDURES, MQ-SERIES, SYNCSORT, Easytrieve, SAS,COMPAREX, FTP, SFTP, NDM, MS Office, MS Access, MS Outlook, MS Visio, VB, Informatica
Project leader/Senior Programmer/Analyst
- Prepared and analyzed System Development Life Cycle documentation, ensuring requirements are achieved.
- Devised and executed development of 401K(FKY) restructuring project, streamlining application process, reducing the cost of onboarding a new vendor by 90%.
- Analyzed and optimized DB2 components, contributing to a significant reduction in MIPS CPU usage.
- Designed and developed a novel approach using CICS interfaces to eliminate manual feed adjustments and simplified feed monitoring.
- Led and oversaw on-boarding of all participated 401K(FKY) Alliance partners to the new restructured platform in a very short time.
- Conducted Peer code reviews that suggest the best way so that the product is stable and is implemented with the best performance and efficiency.
- Performed Knowledge transfer session for Production support Team.
- Fully was responsible for decommissioning the old 401K (FKY) platform.
Project leader/Senior Programmer/Analyst
- Designed and developed fully automated self-directed retirement account platform that supports VOYA(ING) plans, coordinating construction and installment of mainframe components.
- Administered job flow, JCL, and program analysis, delegating tasks to the offshore team members and documenting the progress.
- Provided leadership and direction to junior programmers and conducted group meetings, educating staff members on the application batch process.
- Supported and maintained Custom Statement Formatter (CSF) processing modules on Smith Barney platform.
- Transmitted AFP data files to Confidential platform via NDM process, loading to OnDemand reporting system for storing historical data.
- Facilitated 24/7 production support and participated in Disaster Recovery test, evaluating production problems and resolving issues.
- Drove analysis, design, development, and implementation of TREX batch process, performing systematic reconciliations based on user-defined rules.
- Served as liaison with DB2 support and TI teams, translating business requirements into programming specifications.
- Modified JCL streams and job execution schedule, taking job dependencies changes into consideration.
- Provided 24x7 coverage resolving problems and fully involved in interaction with business clients in finding a root cause for different production problems.
- Confidential is an intranet based application that facilitates the distribution of alternative investments offering and marketing materials to advisors, clients and prospects.
- Led design and development of batch process for Web and Order Entry, providing technical expertise to DB2 team.
- Coded new batch programs and provided compliance to new Order Entry Process, generating 500 new order entries in a month.
- Wrote development and UAT test scripts, collaborating with users to identify and resolve problems.
- Designed and executed a system to migrate approximately 5,400 Vista accounts, delivering all positions and cash from the converting accounts and closing them.
- Performed unit, integrated, parallel, and system testing, contributing to system performance tuning, troubleshooting, and Year 2000 Certifications.
- Provided continuous coverage and production support, resolving issues and contributing to Disaster Recovery test.
- Redesign and enhancement of existing programs.
- Production support and troubleshooting.
- Created necessary test data to test changes and verify the results.
- Performed analysis, rewrite, parallel testing and successful implementation of numerous batch and on-line programs which utilized VSAM structure and converted them into the Relational Database.