- An accomplished consultant with over 8 Years of industry experience as a Business Analyst/ Business Systems Analyst & Scrum Master in the Finance, Banking, E - Commerce domains.
- Experienced in working with clients to implement requirements and in providing team leadership for development, support teams comprising of the client and third-party contract staff across multiple delivery sites. A committed team player with excellent work-ethics and analytical skills coupled with excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills. Extensive experience working with business users, technical teams, project managers, SMEs as well as senior management.
- Organized, goal-oriented, and managed multiple tasks following through from start till the completion.
- Experience in Business Requirement Gathering, Business Process Flow, and Business Process Modeling.
- Acted as a liaison between the business and the technical team in the areas of Software Design and Development Life Cycle to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization.
- Expert in gathering user requirements, analyzing, and preparing Project Deliverables such as Project Charter, Business Requirement Document (BRD)and Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Use-Case Specifications, Systems Requirement Documents (SRS), static Wireframes and dynamic Mock up screens.
- Extensive experience of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall and Agile Methodologies such as SCRUM, have good knowledge of Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Well versed with SharePoint, to intelligently discover, share, and collaborate on content for effective work.
- Cultivated experience in working with different web services such as SOAP, REST, UDDI under various architectures such as Two-Tier and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture).
- Involved in scripting business logic in the web methods for the web services and documenting the WSLA (Web Service Level Agreement).
- Assisted team member in Data mining, Cleansing, Mapping, Data modeling, Indexing and updating plan.
- Proficiency in Database Development activities such as data models, normalization, star and snow flake schemas in creating fact and dimension tables, ETL transformations.
- Assisting in getting better Agile practices and processes in place. Implementing method for importing current Test Cases into TFS
- Experienced at coordinating with Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other stakeholders to understand, analyze, communicate and validate requirements through User interviews, Joint Application Design (JAD), Joint Application Review (JAR) sessions and other requirement elicitation techniques.
- Expertise in performing GAP Analysis (AS-IS scenario & forecasting TO-BE process), maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), creating Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Data Analysis.
Business Analysis: Requirements Gathering, RACI, Power Interest, GAP Analysis, Impact Analysis, Feasibility Analysis, BRD, FRD, SRS, Data flow diagrams, Business Process Modeling
Methodologies: Waterfall, Spiral, Agile: Scrum, Rational Unified Process and Extreme Programming
Business Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio, Balsamiq, UML 2.0, Rational RoseProject Management Microsoft Project, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SharePoint, JIRA, RALLY
Testing Tools: HP QC v10.0, HP ALM v11.5, QTP
Operating System and Databases: Windows, Mac OS, SQL server, MS Access
Web Technologies: Hyper Test Markup Language (HTML), XML, CSS (Cascading Style Sheet), AJAX
Others: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Informatica, SOAP, REST.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Facilitated Backlog Grooming, Daily scrum meetings, Sprint planning, Sprint review, and Sprint retrospective.
- Conducted White Board Sessions to train Scrum Development Team and Product Owner about Scrum
- Streamlined work management for delivery team through configuration of projectpermissions, fields, screens, workflows, email notifications, etc. in JIRA
- Co-ordinated changes with UI/UX Designer and analyzed the changes post implementation
- improved teams' effectiveness (local and offshore) by focusing on quality stories that were small and specific with well-defined acceptance criteria. Provided direction and training in the basics of Agile, refined team metrics.
- Worked Under Tight Deadlines in the Sprint Work Environment.
- Worked with Product Owner On Artifacts Such as Product Backlog, Spring Backlog, Sprint Burn down, and Release Burn down.
- Assisted the Product Owner in user story creation Using INVEST Criteria and product Backlog grooming via emergent requirement elicitation while supporting overall organizational goals. and also helped in prioritizing the user stories using Moscow and Planning Poker techniques.
- Facilitated Mid Sprint checkup to re-review the acceptance criteria of committed Product backlog items.
- Assisted the QA team by providing positive and negative test cases, prepared RTM to match used cases to all the test cases.
- Obtained management buy-in to adopt the SCRUM/Agile software development methodologies through formulating visuals that communicated iteration, including Sprint planning, design, build, test, and implement
- Conducted Scrum meetings with technical and non-technical teams, SME’s to clarify business rules & solve impediments.
- Identified software failures, created Bugs in TFS, wrote detailed easy to follow bug reports with picture attachments and communicated as needed with developers and Product Owners.
- Experience in Process Template Customization, Transition Matrix in TFS according to the business requirement.
- Maintained artifacts such as burn down, Product burn down chart, list of impediments and defect logs, which in turn assist in velocity and capacity calculation for superior planning of upcoming sprints.
- Created PPT presentation for Weekly Team Status and Presented it to Product Owner & Higher Authorities in order to keep everyone informed about the Progress of the Work done by my Team.
Environment: MS Office, My SQL, Informatica, HP QC, Excel, HTML, Irise, Web Services, Java, TFS, JIRA, MS Visio, XML HTML, CSS.
Confidential, New Brunswick, NJ
Scrum Master/ Business Analyst
- Trained new team members in Agile principles, Scrum process and helping them transition from Waterfall methodology to Agile Practice.
- As a Scrum Master, facilitated team activities like release & iteration planning, daily scrums, impediment resolution, sprint reviews (demos / retrospectives) and developed burn down charts.
- Involved in Tracking milestones and Publishing team's progress and successes to make sure they are highly visible to product owner / stakeholders.
- Facilitated sprint planning and release planning activities with project team and PO such as: Feature, Epic, and User Story creation, vertical slicing, sizing and forecasting.
- Conducted Gap Analysis for the system considering AS IS and TO BE features.
- Worked with clients to understand their needs better and present solutions using Scrum Framework.
- Developed and analyzed the Sprint/Product burndown chart in order to calculate the teams Velocity and track sprint progress.
- Reviewd Use Case History to identify existing requirements that support claimed functionality performance.
- Designed wireframes and prototypes for the enhancement of the websites.
- Worked with design team in Usability and Interface Design coding standards and procedures.
- Created the Traceability Matrix to ensure that all the requirements are being tested and covered in the testing plan.
- Used JIRA to document and visualize stories, tasks and measure performance through burn down charts/velocity charts
- Facilitated Scrum meeting with technical/non-technical team, SME’s to clarify business rules solve impediments and translated Functional requirements into User stories using Rally.
- Day-to- day management of cross functional, global software development project teams and Directed development team from project initiation through delivery of final product
- Worked with Product Owner on artifacts- Product Backlog, Spring Backlog, Sprint and Release Burn down.
- Worked with System Architect to implement SOA, Client-side, Server-side Validations and Verbiages.
- Calculated the Estimated Velocity using Commitment Driven Planning and Velocity Driven Planning
- and Setting up UAT for user stories developed by delivery team to be accepted by the business.
- Helped improving the process and practices by identifying improvement areas through retrospective meetings.
- Implementing method for importing current Test Cases into TFS/ MTM from Excel.
- Developing and maintaining the build environment, the source code control system and managing build packages using TFS.
- Worked with TFS Sidekicks to clear the user mappings and undo pending changes of other users etc.
- Made sure user stories are according to INVEST criteria and prioritizing the backlog item using MOSCOW technique.
- Provided overall project management to multiple projects successfully completing them on-schedule and on-budget.
Environment: SharePoint, MS Office 365, TFS, MS Project, Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Wireframes, Oracle, Java, Web Services SOAP, HTML, CSS, Informatica, Java, XML, MS Visio, HP QC, SOA, Soap UI, SQL.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Business Systems Analyst
- Facilitated JAD sessions to identify business rules and requirements and documented them in a departmental review.
- Created requirements documents BRD, SRS, Design Specification and Business Process Flow (As-Is and To-Be).
- Managed the requirements and the traceability matrix using rational requisite pro.
- Used MS Visio for Mockup screens and Wire frames, and communicated to the developers, designed Use Case diagrams and created Use Case Specification documents.
- Developed good knowledge of Equities, Fixed Income, Bonds and Bond maturity, Bond Pricing, rate of return, horizon time, stock size, sector, style, and price to earnings ratio, debt to equity ratio, market risk, and volatility.
- Went through SLA (Service Level Agreement) and created Stub Data.
- Collaborated with the QA team to ensure adequate testing of software both before and after completion, maintained quality procedures, and ensured that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Involved stakeholders to gain consensus on new product functionality, prioritized them based on business needs.
- Worked with the Change management team (CCB - Change Control board) to manage changes to requirements.
- Worked in development of the Test Plan and Test Cases, conducted UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Performed Data Analysis and Data Mapping to generate Crystal Reports.
- Prepared Project Documentation like Project Charter, Business Systems Design Report, Release Notes, Minutes of Meetings, Action Item Logs, Issue logs, End User Training Materials.
- Identified and documented best practices for the product offering.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Project, SQL Queries, XML, Apache, VB, Java, .Net, HP Quality Center.
- Conducted interviews with project managers, SMEs business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Developed PowerPoint presentations for monthly meetings with upper management.
- Teamed up with the credit allocation department to perform market survey and learn client requirements to assist the technical team in Software development.
- Assisted Engineers in coming up with technical documents Functional design documents.
- Assist in selecting the technology for the application based on Cost-Effectiveness and Quality with an eye towards the future.
- Used SharePoint 2007 for content management and document management.
- Used UML to prepare Use Cases from the gathered requirements and created diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Assisted in preparation of UAT test plan, Test Cases, Testing Cycle schedules, Test Scenarios and implemented them with QA team.
- Used the Unified Change Management (UCM) tool, Rational Clear Quest to maintain and track the stakeholders requested enhancements and changes.
Environment: Waterfall, UML, SQL Server, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, MS Office, MS Project, SQL, SharePoint 2007
- Closely interacted with designers and software developers to understand application functionality.
- AssistedQATeam Lead in writing the detailed Test Plan from business requirement document and functional specification document.
- Involved in Managing Test Manager - Create Test Plans and Test Cases, based on use cases and functional requirements. Make updates to the same as requirements change.
- Developed the Test plan and Test scripts for the Client /server Application using Quality Center.
- Proficient with HP Quality Center (QC) to create detailed test results reports.
- Performed detailed Functional testing for checking functionality and security during various phases of development of the application.
- Performed Regression testing with QTP to make sure that the bugs have been fixed and the application is running properly for every new build.
- Performed back-end testing on the Oracle database by writing SQL queries.
- Participated in weekly meetings with the management team and walkthroughs.
- Actively involved in User Acceptance Testing, explained to the end-users about the testing methodology to get various data points from different interfaces.
- Involved in designing and developing Validation plans and Test plan documentations.
- Experience in Change Management Process (Identify, Analyze, Evaluate, Plan, Implement, Review and Close) as well as quality management.
- Prioritized Defects tracking in reporting system and coordinated between development team and the management team to resolve any conflicts/defects in terms of requirements.
- Participated in writing and reviewing Test plans. Also, helped testing team in developing test cases.
- Involved in various Testing Methods such as Black box testing, Functional Testing, Regression testing, Performance Testing, Integration testing as well as User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Seasoned and versatile Certified Scrum Master, armed with experience in Agile project management.
- Demonstrated strong team player and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across organizational levels and effectively deal with a team comprised of both local and off-shore team members.
- Hands-on experience in use of Rally & JIRA applications in Agile Environment for project management.
- Proven leadership skills, specifically leading by example servant leader managing a team not by telling them what to do, but by removing impediments that get in their way and by coaching them in agile environment.
- Helped product owner in converting functional requirements to user stories to create the product backlog.
- Assisting product owner in the estimation of product backlog items using estimation techniques like T shirt sizing, Planning poker and helped in prioritizing the user stories using MoSCoW and KANO technique.
- Facilitated Scrum Ceremonies effectively in order to transform concepts into state-of-the-art realities.
- Calculated velocity and capacity as well as developed burn-down, burnup as well as velocity charts and showcased the stakeholders with the slice of potentially shippable product increment at end of every sprint.
- Anticipated and proactively tracked, recorded and removed various impediments faced by team members.