- Multi - Industry experienced Human Resource professional, offering over 10 years of Staffing & Recruitment and HR Generalist experience with a focus in, human resource management and directing including experience in staff development, conflict resolution, benefits, payroll and compensation, legal compliance and policies development
- Built HR department of Mortgage brokerage firm from the ground up. Grew company from 26 employees to over 80 employees in less than 2 years and under my HR direction the company was selected “The Best Place” to work by the Charlotte Business Journal.
- Built human resource department, created employee handbook, policies and procedures. Grew company from 26 employees to over 100 (commission only and salary employees).
- Trained managers and department staff on polices and HR processes.
- Provided employee relations counseling and outplacement counseling.
- Managed and coordinated corporate sponsored training programs.
- Conducted investigations in response to employee complaints and assisted and coached plant managers on employee relations and discipline.
- Responded to unemployment claims reducing company unemployment expense by 50%.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify and evaluate causes of turnover employee, lowered turnover by 35%, with improved manager strategies, employee rewards programs and addressing morale issues.
- Responsible for ensuring that all personnel files are maintained in accordance to Company personnel file and HIPPA guidelines.
- Reduced benefits costs by 15%; negotiated, managed, and administered benefit Plans; health, dental, life, vision, and indemnity insurance programs.
- Managed workers compensation program, managed claims, assist in adherence to OSHA’s rules and regulations.
Human Resource Business Partner/Consultant
- Ensured compliance with FLSA, FMLA, ADA, AA, EEO, IRCA, HIPPA, Sexual Harassment, and all other HR Corporate Policies
- Developed new hire orientation program, supervisor/manager training, and other human resource-training curriculum. Partnered with mangers and senior leadership providing support in strategy, goal development and execution of the company’s human resource standards
- Maintained relationships with Managers, senior leadership, and staffing vendors to ensure an accurate and effective hiring process
- Leveraged organizational reporting and metrics to analyze and develop improvement initiatives for AAP, Time to fill, and Workforce planning
- Provided best practices and assisted in coaching and development of managers and support staff. Coordinate corporate sponsored training programs
- Act as Project Manager and SME on various projects and process development and revision initiatives.
- Managed an average of 75 open requisitions with over 100 positions
- Conduct intake sessions, create/post requisitions, source//select qualified applicants for posted positions. Coordinate interviews and create employment offers
- Facilitate candidates’ onboarding for multiple departments including Nuclear, Corporate, Finance, IT, Manufacturing and Engineering. Facilitate the accurate completion of employee I9 forms and badging process.
- Create and distribute weekly hiring reports for department managers across the organization.
- Assist with training and onboarding process of newly hired Recruiting Coordinators.
- Represent the organization at career fairs.
- Participate in various process improvement teams and focus groups to improve time to fill, onboarding, and screening processes. Train managers and department staff on staffing process.
- HRIS System reporting and improvements
- Managed HRIS System ADP and Taleo
- Partnered with operations department in the design, selection, implementation and modification of HRIS systems (ADP and Taleo)
- Managed maintenance and accuracy of employee data, for reporting and distribution of payroll
- Created reports from HRIS Systems ADP, Taleo, and Kanexa
- Project manager for HRIS document revision of all correspondence sent from HRIS System.
- Managed and processed multi state Payroll for hourly, salary and commissioned employees for three shift manufacturing facility
- HR Department Startup
- Employment Law
- Mediation & Advocacy
- HRIS Technologies
- Staff Recruitment & Retention
- Employee Relations
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- HR Program/Project Management
- Orientation & On-Boarding
- Training & Development
- Performance Management
- Organizational Development
- HR Policies & Procedures
- Payroll & Benefits Administration