Program Manager/project Manager Resume
New York New, YorK
Accomplished in managing technical project and program teams from initiation through implementation and closure. Forward - thinking initiative-taker with a history of success in either infrastructure or application projects to drive results. Easily adapting to change and managing multiple concurrent projects. Experience in mentoring staff. Influential communicator skilled in meeting facilitation, problem solving and reporting through effective relationship building between business and technology.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE INCLUDE:
Project and Program Management PMO Delivery Manager Solution Design Process Improvement Life Cycle Management IT Risk Analysis Merger Projects Data Analysis Enterprise Infrastructure
Confidential, New York, New York
Program Manager/Project Manager
- Program manager for mid-tier level Category 2 project demand request within Enterprise Applications IT PMO group establishing a common set of PMO practices, tools and templates.
- Liaison with agency business representatives to capture requirements and new projects.
- Interface with Confidential IT (application, middleware & Infrastructure) staff, and managers along with vendors to capture status, risk and issues on assigned projects within the All Agency Program.
- Maintain status information in internal PPM system and documents in SharePoint.
- Communicate to Senior Management status via the Portfolio Bi-Weekly Status Meeting.
- Create SOW documents to be used for vendor proposals and review RFP’s as required.
- Attend meetings with vendors and manage vendor relationships.
- Below projects use a mixture of waterfall and agile methodology.
- Plan & propose implementation of ServiceNow PPM to replace In-house PPM
- Consolidate SQL servers across the enterprise to provide cost savings
- Creation of Power BI dashboard to display power outage data
- Modernization of Oracle Forms application timecard & schedule to allow for mobile device viewing
Program Manager/ Senior Project Manager
- Initiated global multi-year IT infrastructure end of service life (EOL) mitigation program to ensure that Group Ops applications achieve operating risk and cost reduction by compliance with corporate standards.
- Attended training on Cloud based technology topics to provide understanding of Cloud architecture and creation of a DevOps philosophy.
- Projects within the program used waterfall and agile methodology to achieve the required results.
- Hardware upgrades (servers & storage) with push to VM’s instead of physical servers
- Move non-standard Linux OS Servers to Red Hat Linux Servers
- Upgrade Windows 2003 servers to 2008 R2
- Migration to standard bank web platforms (JAP and DAP)
- Upgrade Oracle DB 10g to 11g and MSSQL DB servers to version 2008
- Developed the process to create the yearly book of work.
- Partnered with Business and Technology teams to create business cases for program effort along with budgets.
- Established cost savings targets and monitored monthly accounting saves to business.
- Followed the banks CS-SDF process methodology for adherence to SOX and internal audit compliance for each project within the program.
- Application implementation changes scheduled via ServiceNow tool.
- Created SharePoint sites for program document repositories.
- Established governance with Business PMO team, senior management and stakeholders.
- Created report decks and interfaced with Director and MD levels.
- Mentored and supported PM’s within the program.
- Provided training to team members.
- Interfaced with global cross functional teams to coordinate resource requirements between technology Infrastructure and application teams. monitor deliverables, and milestones along with assigning resources track risks and issues record change requests drive financials, budget and forecast tracking provide standard monthly status project updates and program updates within the portfolio
- Initial assignment was a Service Delivery project manager for infrastructure requirements to enable application teams to perform their work.
- Handled delivery on Windows, and Linux based servers along with storage.
- Chaired meetings, produced minutes and coordinated work between architecture, infrastructure and application development teams.
- Tracked and monitored efforts to completion including decommission of servers.
Senior Project Manager/Delivery Manager
- Effort focused on reclaiming servers, devices and storage allocated to various environments done in a multi phased approach.
- Interfaced with outside vendor team to schedule efforts, monitor progress and perform the work.
- Coordinated with IT and Application Development teams to do analysis on targeted assets post Confidential integration.
- Delivered data analysis and support of infrastructure data elements.
- Performed analysis for charge back processing to map servers to platforms and applications.
- Interfaced with Asset Management team to provide infrastructure data information on their systems usage and application to server relationship to help with CMDB.
- Provided process improvement for server order and delivery by the development of a Workflow System used in the Distributed Environment Server Delivery process.
- Managed 2 junior consultants in the development using SharePoint lists as DB and .Net to build the tool
- Used an Agile approach to provide for a rapid development
- Served as SharePoint site administrator of data files
- Provided proof of concept demo to management
- Managed and coordinate the build out of various distributed infrastructure environments a multi-million-dollar effort to allow Confidential to successfully integrate Confidential applications into their architecture.
- Provided PM delivery manager level support for the coordination of delivery, scheduling and turnover to application teams the required physical and virtual servers along with storage allocations.
- Coordinated the firewall rollout of Access Control List (ACL) on routers with security, network and vendor teams for the JVC testing environment.
- Project managed effort to provisioned Terradata data warehouse appliances and new IBM mainframe for integration test.
- Tracked issues and risks to achieve solutions
- Developed project plans in MS Project by using WBS
- Built presentation decks, and reported metrics and status to the PMO group and management
- Chaired meetings on the assigned projects
- Dealt with outside vendors to supply proper service levels and equipment for the environment role outs
Confidential, New York, New York
- System replaced and consolidated 2 existing legacy pre-merger heritage applications into a new reporting/query tool.
- Improved business intelligence reporting post Confidential merger by incorporating new data and functionality to the MSSQL server based application to handle new requirements.
- Managed a 6-person team that re-engineered the mainframe financial Sub-Ledger transaction entry process into a web based application.
- Worked with business department leads to capture requirements.
- Led and managed a team on a .Net/SQL Server application which included production support.
- Coordinated resources from various technical teams (DBA, Developers, Infrastructure, and Vendors) which were located both at near shore and off shore locations
- Utilized Clarity software to track action and risk items along with MS project for schedule control
- Led planning, analysis and design sessions to formulate project plans along with budgets
- Ensured projects met corporate PMO Life Cycle and SOX compliance standards
- Validated releases met requirements using test case creation and test plan development in Quality
- Oversaw Y2K compliant modification and testing efforts on Sub-Ledger reporting system
- Managed and performed reviews with feedback on staff for their performance evaluations
- Mentored and coached team members
- Developed a Corporate Sub-Ledger report/query business intelligence application utilized by over 200 end-users.
- Designed data structures, forms, reports and batch update process.
- Liaised with business integration team members for solution of reporting needs.
- Coded application based on business user requirements.
- Added key features in application to allow for customized reporting by back office departments.
- Delivered production trouble shooting support, monitored performance and managed all emergency issues including disaster recovery efforts.
- Ensured software releases had stability by creation and execution of regression tests package built in Unix using “C” and Bourne Shell
- Performed analysis, design and coding of mainframe applications
- Trained and utilized IBM SDLC methodology of Code Inspection to deliver quality applications
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes