Scrum Master/agile Coach Resume
- Certified Scrum Master and Business Analyst with more than 8+ years of experience, serving and leading Agile teams, delivering quality software. Proven ability at motivating and enforcing Agile principals and removing impediments. Result driven servant leader with skills in delivering projects by efficiently collaborating, coaching and counselling Scrum Teams.
- Solid understanding of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (such as requirement gathering, analysis, design, data modeling, business process modeling, implementation, and deployment).
- As a Scrum Master, facilitated Sprint Planning, Estimation, Product Backlog Grooming, Story Point Evaluation, Sprint Backlog Prioritizing, Retrospective, Sprint Reviews and Client Demo.
- Collaborated with project stakeholders to negotiate scope boundaries, approaches to mitigate risk, priorities of specification elements, and adjustments as indicated to alleviate conflicting requirements.
- Worked closely with product owners in Backlog grooming and managing the product backlog. Coordinated & collaborated with other scrum teams to halp identify and track user story dependencies.
- Helped the team and product owner to prioritize the PBI's using prioritization techniques like 100 Dollar test, MOSCOW, Business Value based etc.
- Facilitated Sprint Planning halped the team commit to a sprint goal with and break all stories into tasks. Used Estimation techniques like Planning Poker, T - shirt sizing and relative mass evaluation.
- Helped the team in Sprint Review to review the Potentially Shippable Product Increment (PSPI) to the business users, higher management and all the other stakeholders.
- Facilitated Sprint Retrospective using techniques like Silent Writing, Happiness histogram, Sad Mad Glad, Speed dating, etc., and guided teams with outcome resulting in enhanced performance.
- Protected the team from over-commitment and prioritized the resolution of defects/bugs. Met goal of addressing and resolving issues within 24 hours.
- Worked on decomposing EPICs into smaller user stories for effective utilization by considering and identifying SMART tasks with the halp of the team.
- Removed team impediments on a daily basis to allow the team to deliver the sprint goals and deliverables.
- Working knowledge of other Agile concepts such as continuous development and deployment, Test Driven development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) etc.
- Enabled improvement in team delivery commitments and capacity planning for sprints by identifying & tracking hidden tasks dat increased customer satisfaction.
- Expertise in using the Atlassian Products- Especially Jira and Confluence, Rally, MS Project, MS office suite.
- Team player and self-starter with excellent communication, coordination, documentation, project planning and interpersonal skills.
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, XP, Waterfall, SDLC, RUP.
Management Tools: MS VISIO, Rational Rose, UML, JIRA, Confluence, Just in Mind.
Database: Oracle and SQL Server.
Testing Tools: Black Box, Gray Box, White box, HP ALM, performance, Regression.
Operating System: Windows, UNIX, LINUX.
Change Management Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Quest.
Scrum Master/Agile Coach
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Acted as Scrum Master for Product teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work.
- Facilitate sprint planning, daily scrums, retrospectives, stakeholder meetings, and software demonstrations.
- Organized and facilitated project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint, release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Provided all support to the team using a servant leadership style, and led by example.
- Created and maintained Sprint Burn-down Chart and Product Burn-Down Chart to keep a track of the team's progress, using JIRA.
- Create reports as needed for Project Leadership including: progress, risks, dependencies, problems, delays, actions and decisions needed from leadership, etc.
- Instructed and modeled core Agile principals of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility; ensured consistent application of scrum methodologies across the enterprise.
- Facilitated Scrum of Scrum for onsite and offshore teams.
- Worked with the engineering managers to identify cross-team dependencies and manage inter-team tasks.
- Assisted team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and task definition and participated proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools and best practices reducing development time.
- Analyzed data relationships and relational data models and mapped data across systems.
- Work closely with the Product Owner, Project Manager, and Technical Lead to assure dat the work is strategically prioritized for value, risk mitigation and timely delivery.
- Facilitate self-organization of the team to accomplish objectives and continuously improve their own processes.
- Facilitate high level planning to establish project baseline and sprint schedule for functional and non-functional stories.
- Ensuring highest quality quantifiable shippable software component as promised before development.
- Lead project teams in the successful completion of multiple IT projects across various lines of business
Confidential, Dublin, OH
- Elicit well-defined user stories from Product Owners and internal business owners in order to ensure the delivery of high-business value products.
- Coordinated with Product owners in defining and tracking deliverables. Actively managed sprint requirement and grooming of sprint stories.
- Identified and removed impediments, prevented distractions dat interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal.
- Provided daily status on Iteration progress including impediments identified and/or resolved.
- Conducted and documented retrospective meetings with a review of lessons learned.
- Helped leadership understand the concepts of Agile.Sprint planning - estimation, task allocation, story points & velocity, monitoring.
- Helped Propel transition of the organization from a linear IT SDLC to an Agile Scrum environment.
- Collaborated with members of the product, business and engineering teams to develop and groom the Product backlog.
- Determined the team velocity from historical data. Improved the velocity by incorporating capacity planning into Sprint planning sessions.
- Created work breakdown structure for identifying the tasks for a corresponding user story.
- Assist with creation and maintenance all necessary documentation and training materials for Epic Ambulatory application
- Performed analysis, design, development, and maintenance of the Epic Ambulatory applications and other clinical information systems.
- Experience with EPIC user and provider record provisioning, including the development of role-based access, security classes, and user profiles.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, and analyzed the requirements.
- Worked with the business team to collect the business requirements, security, and service level requirements and documented them.
- Analyzed set behavior and contribution to business performance, critical business metrics & tracking underlying business trends using Business Objects.
- Working with different IT & Business groups to understand and determine the Impacts to the Data Warehouse and/or Data Marts for different projects.
- Participated in the logical and physical design sessions and developed design documents.
- Designed new process flows for the existing system as well as for the enhanced system.
- Conducted and lead status report meetings with the business and the IT team on a weekly basis.
- Manage Scope and change throughout the life cycle of the product.
- Worked on Electronic health record system as a CRM web-based application.