Confidential, Ridley Park, PA 2010 present Partner Active partner in real estate development projects. Manage contractors and rehab rental properties including design, budget, purchasing, repairs, renovations, advertising, and customer interface.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA Manager, Mid-Atlantic Server and Storage Team2004- 2010 Direct the staff, daily operation, capacity planning, project management, and emergency problem resolution for PFPC/PNC Global Investment Services, a PNC subsidiary, which supported 2100 users, 200 Windows servers, three Domains, three backup systems, netapp, and various SAN's in three locations. Manage vendor relationships as needed. Coordinate with partnered technology groups to set and implement standards and processes to insure that business, client and SOX audit requirements are met. Work with the internal business management teams to insure that business requirements and priorities are met. Negotiate SLA's with supported business units and IT team. Develop KPI's to insure that improvement efforts are measured and successful.
- Established Change management system and standards
- Established system documentation policies procedures, standards and processes
- Planned and directed the team in the consolidation of 5 Windows domains and two NDS Trees to two user domains, decreasing domain hardware requirements by 80% and staff by 20%.
- Implemented support standards that required the upgrade of all divisional server hardware and OS to currently supported versions and imposed end of life requirements which increased system availability by approx. 10% to 99.99% availability.
- Participated in yearly corporate and divisional Disaster Recovery testing insuring that all systems operated within the required SLA.
- Developed archival standards and practices while project managing the implemention of multi-site Backup Recovery systems.
- Enterprise-wide resource planning while converting form Novell to Netapp appliance based file system.
- Worked closely with multiple IT and operational departments to insure that all system upgrades and changes maintained required recovery objectives.
- Created and implemented documentation standards insuring that all departmental processes were transferable to staff at alternate sites.
- Centralized and standardized Data Security, backup and file services, decreasing on-site staff requirements, while also decreasing problem resolution response time.
- Performed Patch management via
Network Solutions Consultant 2001 - 2004 Supervised a server support group that maintained 19 Netware 5.1 and 36 windows file servers in support of 2500+ users in the Philadelphia and New England areas .
- Maintained the NDS tree, locally managed new server installations, SAN implementations, application roll-outs and Virus protection updates as well as participated in corporate initiatives such as Disaster Recovery testing and Federal Compliance reporting.
- Insured that production service levels are met. Developed procedures for daily operations and recurring projects.
- Interfaced with vendors, users and customers on problems and changes. Escalating problems to local management, corporate management and product vendors as necessary.
Senior Network Services Analyst1997 -2001 Maintained the 30 unit Netware server base. Managed projects including the successful upgrade of all servers to year 2000 compliance, including upgrading all servers to Netware 4.11, the conversion of 2000 users into the NDS tree for Domain Services and the relocation of all file servers into a new tier1 facility.
Senior Telecommunications Analyst 1994- 1997 Coordinated projects for the Distributed Computing team including the installation of new File servers, application installation, and user migration and testing. Provided 3rd level support for LAN problem escalations and various file server and workstation platforms including Netware 3.x, 4.1x.Widows 95 and OS2. Standardization of the file server backup process.
Data Communications Analyst 1990- 1994 Supported LAN administration and design requirements for the Eastern Region including building and fiber campus implementation. Managed regional and corporate installations including SNI, network analysis, VTAM gens and system documentation. Provided capacity planning, long and short term departmental planning, product and vendor analysis and recommendations. Project planning and execution for Telecommunication installations, including Data and Voice Networks. Major projects during this period included the design,wiring and installation of a data network in eight major buildings, and two campus locations, installation of campus fiber connectivity, ACD, and Melita Broker system, training support staff on networking technology and support techniques.
EDUCATION TRAINING Skill Dynamics: LAN Network Mgr Implementation and Database Customization Administering Microsoft Windows NT4 Certified Network Engineer Novell Netware 4.x upgrade training Network Associates: Troubleshooting with Sniffer Pro Network Analyzer Clarity Advanced Project Management Workshop Training
TECHNICAL SKILLS Data General Sniffer Symantec Backup Exec Clarity Project Management Symantec Avtivirus Microsoft Project Microsoft Office Novell 4.11 NDS Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008 Windows server 2003, 2008, Active Directory DHCP, DNS EMC Netapp Physical and virtual environments ITIL Symantec Enterprise Security Manager (AXENT/ ESM)