- Decisive, action - oriented, and results-focused Information Technology Project Manager with over 16 years of technical and managerial experience across a broad range of technology platforms, software development methodologies, project management, and database environments in several industries, including Healthcare, Financial, Manufacturing, Retail, and Telecommunications
- In charge of web development at Confidential . Responsible for project planning, technology research and analysis, estimating, budgeting, staffing, executing, monitoring and managing project efforts, quality assurance, issues and risks as well as interacting with business teams and user community.
- As Technical Lead/Project Manager of Business Systems Management team on the Member Parameter System project at MasterCard, lead and managed the software design/development process.
- Proven mentoring and leadership skills
- Proven expertise in system integration and system enhancement projects
- Strong in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using different methodologies - Agile, Unified Process (UP), Booch, and Waterfall
- Strong in object oriented analysis, design and programming, Agile, UML and Unified Process (UP)
- Proven expertise in providing Business Solutions using client/server, web, and SOA technologies with Java, .NET, and Microsoft COM
- Proven expertise in database design and implementation using various database systems - Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, DB2, Visual FoxPro
- Proven expertise in GUI Development (Visual Basic, Power Builder, Forms 4.5)
- Among the first 3000 people in the world to obtain MCSD.NET certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Motivator and Team Player
- Member of International Association of Software Architects (IASA)
- Sun certified Java programmer
- Currently pursuing PMP certification
Technology: SQL Server, Java, Microsoft COM, XML/XSL, SOAP, SOA, Linux, Windows, GLUE, FoxPro, MySQL
Technical Lead/Project Manager
- Managing the web development team
- Mentoring the web team on the software development process in adherence to Agile methodology
- Leading several system improvement projects for the MCDS web application
- Identifying project tasks and allocating appropriate resources to project tasks based on skills and expertise
- Provide management with project timelines, tasks, and allocation of resources to projects
- Monitor project tasks and timelines
- Managing the software development lifecycle and adherence to software standards and quality
- Leading several projects to enhance the Web API application.
- Leading disaster recovery drills for the web environment.
- Analyzing use cases and developing UML models for business objects
- Mentoring other developers in the object oriented design process using the UML and Unified Process (UP)
- Designing the GUI from use cases and data model, developing GUI prototypes
- Designing UI controls and business objects and developing design documents used by developers in implementation
- Developing use case scenarios
- Designing the MPS Application Framework by providing guidelines for common base classes
- Mentoring other members of the team in the Object Oriented paradigm
- Developing various UML diagrams from use cases, and the use of design patterns in GUI and in the design of Business Objects
- Defining the design process by coming up with design document formats for business design documents and specifications
- Supporting the testing team in resolving design issues using Test Director.
- Led the process of reverse engineering existing code using Visio and UML which helped in designing from existing code and refactoring existing code.
- Developed unit test cases and the unit testing document.
- Led a team to improve the Use Case methodology for gathering requirements.
- Led the development of a prototyping environment to aid designers in developing GUI prototypes.
Environment: Visual Basic 6.0, ADO/ODBC, DB2 Universal Database (UDB) 6/7 DB2Connect, DB2 Desktop Client, IBM/DB2 Server, OS/390 mainframe PVCS, MasterCard Online (MOL) MC/Star security system, Visio 2000 Professional, Data Flow Diagrams, reverse engineering Visual Basic, UML, and Unified Process (UP), QMF for Windows, Test Director 8.0, Activex controls, Activex DLLs.
- Overall responsibilities include gathering/analyzing business and technical requirements, writing use cases, test scenarios, test cases, business rules, and performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT), mentoring new team members, defect logging/tracking, interaction with the Business Owners, the User community, and the Development groups in the proper interpretation of business rules, system behavior, and functional requirements.
- Initiated and developed several prototypes for business functionality using Visual Basic 6.0, UML, COM, Activex, and HTML.
- Responsibilities include designing and developing web applications using ASP, Visual Basic 6.0, J2EE, Struts Framework, SOAP, Apache Tomcat Server and SQL Server Database.
- Responsibilities include analyzing the business processes, designing the applications and the database architecture needed for the dynamic content of a client’s site, and then participating in and/or leading the development activities to deliver the final solution.
- Developed a web application, “Flex eEnrollment” for Paragon Insurance Company, a leading life insurance company in the country.