- Results - oriented leader with demonstrated capabilities and 15+ years of experience in Information Technology service/project delivery management, strategic planning, budgeting, and governance.
- Strong grasp of ROI based business case development.
- Demonstrated capabilities in bringing efficiency and structure through technology and process innovations.
- Expertise in identifying emerging IT trends and mapping them to strategies, maintaining focus, and delivering solutions that exceed business expectations.
- Recognized as a change agent, with broad and deep technology and program management experience.
- Developing, deploying, measuring and fine tuning IT processes, including Service Management, Project Management, Portfolio Management, Change Management, Release Management, Application Development Management (ADM), End of Life (EOL) migration/transition management.
- Instituting key operational initiatives that enable compliance and drive business processes efficiency through IT Governance
- Leading an IT Organization
- Building dedicated and highly productive teams and strong trusted partnership with business unit and vendors.
- Establishing and executing technology strategies in alignment with corporate direction
- Translating customer requirements into technology that consistently exceeds expectations.
- Technology Capability Assessment/Capacity Planning Service Management ~ Strategy ~ Governance ~Project Management ~ Program Management Application Performance Management ~Architecture ~Software Development Processes ~Integration Vendor/Customer Relationship Management ~ Enterprise IT Contract Negotiations Off-Shore/On-Shore/Outsourced Team Management
Platforms/Systems: i2 Technology-based Supply Chain Systems, Metaphase (PLM) Vignette-based Employee Portal, IBM Crossworld-based EAI Middle Tier, Click Commerce-based CRM System, Open Source Linux OS, Jboss App/Web Server, Oracle DB, Windows 200x, IIS Server, SQL Server DB, Legacy IBM Mainframe Systems
Tools: /Applications Mercury Load Runner, Compuware Vantage, J2EE, .NET, N-Tiered Architecture, Thin Client Applications, Citrix, MS Project, Microsoft Office, Visual Source Safe, Oracle
Protocols/Languages: SQL, XML, WSDL Standards, XML, XSLT, SOAP, HTTP/HTTPs, ftp
- Chair weekly IT Governance Meetings
- Deployed first version of IT Demand Management (Intake) process
- IT Governance/Portfolio Management/Strategy
- Identified Resource Consumption and Utilization Trends (Projects, M&E, Service Desk and Operations)Partnered with sponsors in IT Department Head, Finance, Corporate PMO, SAP/Application/IT Operations to analyze, monitor and publish project KPIs
- Re-prioritized IT Projects to stay budget neutral and to align with changing organizational strategy/compliance/regulatory needs
- Laid foundation for IT Strategy and five year IT Master Plan
- Facilitated IT Steering Committee/Change Control meetings
- Successfully presented business cases for five unfunded initiatives and obtained Steering Committee approval (10% increases in CAPEX). Guided IT and Business Leadership in trading off IT investments based on unplanned but business critical demand
- Received Enterprise Champions Team, for leading a five member team during a three month Advance Persistence Threat (APT) Risk Mitigation Initiative
- Received Just in Time for voluntarily stepping in and contributing to a critical time-sensitive project launch.
Director (Strategic Planning, Support Services, Governance, Supplier Management)
- Application Delivery Management: Held complete accountability for Release One of $5M, Enterprise Debt Collection application implementation. Standardized disparate Project and Application Development Management processes in to an enterprise standard. Led day to day project management tasks for a portfolio of multiple concurrent projects and ensured adherence to SDLC and PMP standards from Requirements Definition through Close Out and Transfer.
- Human Capital Management: Managed four direct reports. Supported promotion and transfer of a high-achieving direct report to different internal unit. Coached and mentored teams to embrace Software Engineering best practices, process improvement techniques such as Ishikawa Root Cause Analysis, Project Management and Change Management processes.
- : Developed and conducted periodic on IT governance, policies, and processes to various business units and IT Staff
- Budget Management: Eliminated/contained/consolidated disparate and duplicate technology initiatives, resulting in over 10% cost reduction. Successfully made a business case for an enterprise Collaboration platform and deployed Microsoft SharePoint as the solution. Negotiated funding approval for scalability, stability and application performance assessment (load test) of an enterprise application, despite budget freeze. Spear headed this project, hands-on, from supplier selection thorough execution, on time and within budget.
- Strategy/Portfolio/Program Management: Developed IT Strategy that included Software as a Service (SaaS) model, cloud computing, server virtualization and sourcing strategy. Guided executive leadership in trading off and prioritizing key initiatives. Obtained approval for multiple business cases, (Total over $1M) including one for server consolidation (40% physical server consolidation), the first enterprise SaaS HR application, and the first enterprise Collaboration platform.
- Service Management: Instituted ITIL based operational processes (IT Transformation Project). Established Service Desk Dash Board and published periodic management reports. Successfully negotiated Service Level Agreements (SLA) with seven business units. Streamlined, consolidated and reduced IT service categories by 33%. Reduced IT service response time in top 10 service categories by 15%. Increased support coverage by 66% with zero net budget/head-count increase. Consolidated three disparate departmental change management processes in to one. Developed, standardized and maintained IT service, hardware and software catalog.
- Governance: Reduced and mitigated potential SOX compliance risks by implementing compensating controls. (Zero material weaknesses during my tenure). Instituted Compliance, Security, Portfolio/Project Management, and ITIL based operational processes to mitigate compliance risks. Analyzed Compliance/External Audit metrics proactively initiated application development, integration, deployment and maintenance procedures to minimize data exposure trends. Developed and deployed breach reporting policies and procedures.
- Vendor Management: Streamlined and standardized RFI/RFQ/RFP processes. Managed strategic vendor relationships and contract performance. Developed and implemented Vendor Security Risk Assessment profiles. Negotiated a 10% cost reduction in Microsoft Enterprise License Agreements.
- Filed for a patent along with five member team for a communications and connectivity system between litigants and courts.
- Received Exceeds Expectation (rating of four out of five) two consecutive years in a row, during Annual Leadership Performance appraisals
- Developed and deployed the first Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) Plan.
Manager (Technology Integration)
- Led the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process improvement for the IT department. Specifically responsible for developing process metrics and project stratification criteria.
- Led the release two deployment planning, scheduling, tracking and management reporting for B2C eCommerce initiative at a $4.1B revenue specialty retailer.
- This included extensive coordination with over 10 third party and internal business units, IT infrastructure, QA and Program Management Office.
- Negotiated and obtained formal approvals for a command center process that I personally designed to handle initial surge of post go live support call volume
- Developed a senior management reporting tool to enable what-if deployment readiness analysis
- Recommended a set of design for operations, performance and maintenance best practices to mitigate post deployment risks
- Designed & deployed an executive dashboard to evaluate enterprise Application Deployment Readiness
Confidential, Troy MI
- Led the team for winning proposals over $250K in the first 120 days of joining the origination and over $500K through my one year tenure
- Personally contributed and oversaw the development of a successful bid for multi year, multi-million dollar Master Service Agreement with South East Michigan’s leading healthcare insurance provider.
- Introduced the concept of reusable proposal components (knowledge re-use and management), to enable rapid response to RFPs.
- Completed a thorough proposal organizational analysis and submitted a restructuring plan to the executive management team after the first 90 days of joining. This included a proposal process improvement plan to build safety capacity and agility by identifying and eliminating process bottlenecks.
Confidential, Troy, Michigan
Global Application Architect
- Spearheaded multiple Application Performance Management (APM), scalability, and stability assessments. Specific example includes that for Global Framework for Application Development(GFAD) authentication web service capacity, scalability and performance assessment (600 concurrent user load with a stated goal of less than five second response time for 90% of users); Recommended web service configuration changes that enabled performance improvement.
- Introduced Service Oriented Architecture (SoA) technology in the form of Authentication Web Service, reusable web services and software components (savings of more than $25K within its first year of introduction)
- Established quality management best practices, including requirements traceability, design validation, testing and design for maintenance, operations and performance.
Application Development Manager
- Responsible for program management and technical leadership for over 10 enterprise projects; supported various business functions including HR, Internal Controls, Audit, Product Systems, and Supply Chain.
- Accountable for annualized internal billing of approximately $0.5M. Collaborated with business managers to gather and translate requirements into business solutions.
- Supervised multiple cross-functional IT development teams; led the application integration efforts to drive business process efficiencies.
- Restructured and transitioned Employee Portal (B2E), Confidential Global Sourcing System (DGSS) (B2B), Lean Supplier Initiatives (B2B), and Customer Relationship Management (B2C) applications from Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) supplier’s teams into the Confidential Development Center.
- Launched Global Conflict of Interest (COI) application for 15,000+ users across all four global regions, in record time of less than 60-days; this application was one of the first to utilize Capability Maturity Model (CMM) Level 2 processes for software development.
- Recipient of Performance Bonus ; Promoted to a higher salary band after the first year in this position
- Held complete budget and day-to-day accountability for $7.5M Confidential Global Sourcing System, from supplier selection through application development, deployment and transition to M&E.
- Collaborated with business units to define and translate business requirements into application architecture. Provided technical leadership and managed cross functional project team of over 20 IT/Business/Vendor associates.
- Spearheaded DGSS Application Performance Management (APM), scalability, and stability assessments and remediation efforts.
- Instituted comprehensive application development processes that facilitated smooth operations and high productivity levels.
- Directly led the integration requirements gathering as well as the design/deployment of over 30 interfaces from multiple divisional/regional legacy systems.
- Successfully executed global desktop upgrades of over 1000 PCs all four global regions within 120 days.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Principal Consultant/ Architect
- Specifically invited to deliver a key note address on CSM/PLM integration benefits to Executive Management off site in Spain.
- Spearheaded the design and implementation of the first integration between the Global Component/CSM System, and the PLM System; integrated solution substantially reduced costs and increased operational productivity through reuse of components and suppliers across seven business units.
- Identified business and technology fit of the CSM product into the vehicle product development process, resulting in more than 70% additional benefits in the value proposal submitted to the customer.