Confidential, New York, NY Business Analyst/Project Manager February 2010 - April 2012
- Define, through formal requirements gathering processes, all technical requirements for special events, including political primaries, political conventions, elections and inaugurations.
- Analyze manual business processes and transition from paper-based transactions to Intranet and Extranet processes (using open systems and COTS)
- Negotiate, develop and execute standardized test and acceptance processes for all satellite signals
- Business process analysis and business process improvement for complex technology problems within the news gathering domain.
Confidential, New York, NY Sr. Business Analyst May 2006 - February 2010
- In-depth interactive user requirements gathering for multiple clients, including JAD sessions, stakeholders interviews, workshops, User groups, and one-on-one interviews.
- Acted as customer advocate throughout the SDLC; Provided on-time finished documentation products that met requirements and pleased stakeholders throughout the SDLC.
- Wrote Business Requirements Documents, Functional Requirement Documents, process maps, data flow diagrams and Use Cases in the course of business requirements gathering
- Managed multiple e-commerce projects of varied sizes simultaneously.
- Lead requirements gathering for large Web and retail e-commerce initiatives from concept through launch, often working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Very familiar with the bottom-line
- Mapped and adjusted site via data from Web analytics tools
- Communicated with clients in plain English and translated user requirements into technology terms when interfacing with technical teams
- Managed evolving and often conflicting client expectations through collaborative negotiations
- Shows strong leadership skills in reaching stakeholders agreement and continuing consensus throughout all phases of SDLC
- Build trust and confidence between PMO and clients via collaborative honest broker practices and system test and acceptance plans. Developed wireframes and drafted site look and feel
- Implemented Electronic Document Management systems using COTS (Documentum) and proprietary software
- Standardized project management using PMIs PMBOK practices
- Adopted software development methodologies, including Agile, Waterfall, and hybrids
- Completely comfortable working in an ambiguous and pressurized environment
- Consistently delivered stakeholders projects on time and within defined budget
Confidential, Washington DC Senior Project Manager; Web Services Program Management Office August 1999 - April 2006
- Secured significant funds to vastly extend, improve and consolidate all Web services under a single Program Management Office (PMO)
- Team Leader of PMO; Trained three subordinates on best practices. Highly focused on team-building and collaborative sharing of knowledge
- Adopted PMI best practices and standardized SDLC methodologies
- Hands-on work on all Web development phases, including requirements gathering and analysis, budget, timelines, GUI design, wireframes, Web design, testing, release and ongoing management of domain using Agile methodology
- Procured and deployed enterprise-wide search facility
- Procured enhanced enterprise-wide Web analytics software to capture site performance and to assist in recalibration of site architecture and navigational structures
- Implemented enterprise-wide document management system for agency; System repository included all FAA regulations, technical specifications documents, graphical date for 24,000 users
- Developed national training program to assure easy transition from non-centralized repositories to structured, searchable and current document libraries
- Established Web Executive Steering committee to keep senior management engaged in Web program initiatives
- Integrated internal databases and converted to public-facing interactive systems using COTS (commercial off the shelf) software and proprietary software.
Confidential, Washington, DC Business Analyst/Webmaster March 1997- August 1999
- Managed sixteen - person team; Highly invested in cooperative and collaborative largely self-managing teams of fellow professionals
- Collaborated with FAA Human Factors Laboratory to design customer-centric Web sites
- Established FAA Web Configuration Control Board to improve efficiency and stability of sites
- Wrote RFOs and RFPs for procurement of goods and services
- Served as Contracting Officers Technical representative in acquisition and monitoring of contracts
- Facilitated FAA enterprise-wide group of Subject Matter Experts to develop a comprehensive FAA taxonomy and searchable, meta-tagged libraries
- Wrote agency-wide policy for Web design, Web content and content standards
- Served as DOT representative to White House Working Group on implementation of Section 508 standards for federal Web sites
- Implemented and managed WebTrends reporting/analytics tool to maximizes performance and provide qualitative data to LOBs
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Web Heuristics, Usability and Information Architecture course
- FAA Project Manager Subject Matter Expert certification.
- Contracting Officers Technical Representative certification from National Defense University
- Project Management for Software-intensive Projects (two semester course)
SQL, MS Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, WebTrends, Google Analytics, Smart Draw VP, Documentum, Big Commerce, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, HTML, CSS, Sharepoint, FAST search