PMI certified Program/Project Manager with over fifteen years in management with expertise in Program/Project Management, Application development team management, Business Systems Analysis, Planning and Coaching
- Result-oriented professional with over 25 years experience in Information Technology and program/project management.
- Program Management Areas Budget and Planning; Management reporting; Multiple project management under Program, Sr. management reporting and Customer liaison.
- Self-driven motivated individual with proven track record in program managing high-quality delivery of application Systems on time, system requirements documents and functional specifications for complex software development and implementation projects.
- Experience with managing resources onshore and offshore up to 50 resources at times
- Experience with managing application development, maintenance and support of large Banking business applications
- Cultivate key relationships with stakeholders and develop excellent internal networks
- Project Management Area: Initiation Charter, Scope Definition, Proposal and SOW preparation: Forecasting, budgeting; Hiring and team formation; Project Planning, estimation, Project tracking and control; Management Reporting; Work Request Creation as appropriate; QA test Monitoring; Status reporting; Scope Control, Change Control management; Post assessment and project closure
Methodologies: PMI, SDLC (Waterfall, Iterative, Agile and Scrum)
Technologies: MS Office (Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Clarity, Windows, Main Frame
- Banking:- FX, Money Market, Security Custodial, LC Bills, Fund Transfer and Settlements including RTGS, Current accounts, Loans Deposits, Swift, General Ledger, MIS
- Financial systems: - DDA Fraud, NewAccountChex, Identity Verification and Fraud Solutions
- Integration B2Bi: Managed File Transfer, B2Bi Integration, and Business Activity Monitoring
- Sr. Program Manager. Confidential, Phoenix USA 2007-Present
Program management of Financial Services vertical and Delivery Center
Managed multiple customer projects in large financial institutions for implementing Axway MFT, B2Bi and Business Visibility solutions successfully; preparing budgets and tracking monitoring of Budgets, Reporting to Sr. Management, Issue escalation, coordination with legal, product management support, Customer Liaison and team building.
Major Client Programs and Projects: US Bank, Fidelity Investments, JPMC Card Services, DuPont, American Express, Wells Fargo, ADP, PMI, Money Gram, American Student Association, Internal Revenue Service, Bank of the West, Deutsche Bank.
- Sr. Program Manager/Initiative Mgr. Confidential, MN, USA 1998-2007
- Collaborate with business sponsors and Product managers from Project initiation to Closure and ensured timely delivery of projects in Business application development
- Manage programs consisting of multiple projects and teams from diverse geographic locations (both in onshore and offshore)
- Collaborate with Technology divisions, product management, support services to ensure timely delivery of programs and associated projects.
- Monitor Plan vs. actual and follow approval processes established by the Organization's PMO policies
- Initiated, managed and successfully implemented several programs and projects that span across multiple hardware and software platforms including IBM Mainframe, UNIX and Windows.
- Coached and mentored project team members on Agile Methodology and Quality Initiatives
- Consistently followed SDLC, System development and implementation Framework processes with clear focus on Quality, conformance to requirements and budget.
Major Programs managed in eFunds
- Closures and Collections
- Electronic Bill Presentment
- Idefend (Patriot Act)
- Identification Verification
- Web-core Chexsystems
- Exploratory Data warehousing
- User Authentication and product authorization Web services
- Network Segmentation
All of the programs and project involve managing multiple teams both on-shore and off-shore with focused budget and schedules.
- Sr. Project Manager (Vice President) Confidential, SYDNEY, Australia 1986-1998
- Responsible for managing the mainframe and mid-range application development teams of various sizes
- Responsible for managing maintenance and production support team for Investment and Corporate Banking divisions for both Australia and NZ branches.
- Coordination with management, operations and regional technology divisions to prioritize Maintenance requests and schedule delivery
- Managed multiple projects and teams from diverse geographic both onshore and offshore locations
- Collaborated and liaise with the operations staff of the global finance division, liaison with the technology divisions, Internal Security Control, data center and other application team in Asia Pacific technology at Singapore Hong Kong.
- Responsible for Architecting and Designing major business application on IBM Main Frame
- Responsible for organizing training and mentoring/coaching the team
- Perform Asst. Technology Head role during for Australia NZ technology divisions
- Was presented with Quality award for batch process improvement.
Key Initiatives Major Projects managed at Citibank.
- Foreign Exchange Regional Processing Center
- Y2K Project for 5 Asia Pacific branches with a total outlay of $2 to $3 Million
- Real Time Gross Payment System and liquidity management System resulting dramatic operational efficient and big improvement in customer service saving $250K in operational cost per annum
- Assured value payment system for New Zealand (Mainframe) resulting over $300K in operational Cost per annum
- NZ Branch Prime migration
- Datacenter Regionalization
- Maintenance and support of Cosmos Banking Applications that include all the corporate banking modules namely, LC’s, Bills, FX, MM, Custodial, Funds Transfer, Settlement Systems, MIS and General Ledger (1500 batch and online program modules)
- Sr. Systems Engineer Confidential, Sydney, Australia 1985-1986
- Implemented SBS (Standard Banking System) at a client bank, which generated revenue of over $250MM.
- Tailored Standard Banking System (SBS) to conform to Australian market conventions and regulatory requirements.
- Project Leader Confidential, Sydney, Australia 1985-1986
- Responsible to work with a banking specialist in money market/FX hedging model
- Project Leader Confidential, BAHRAIN 1982-1985
- Responsible for designing and implementing Letters of Credit for an Offshore Bank at Bahrain
- Responsible for liaison with Lombard banking consultants in UK and managed a team of 15 professionals to construct a Wholesale Banking System (Omega / Crown)
- Conducted extensive system study and prepared proposal for a central bank automation
Master of Science, Mathematics
Post-Graduate Diploma, Computer Science
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics
Quality Control Operations Research (attended 2 year program
Certified Project Management Professional/Member
Various Service Excellence Awards from Managers and PeersExcellence Award for Quality related initiatives and accomplishments
Excellence Award for NZ Mainframe Migration
Letter of recognition NZ Branch MF migration