- Versatile Software Project Manager with over 5 years of experience who leads teams to design and implement successful Software projects that align business and IT objectives and deliver rapid results
- Drove the high - quality completion of enterprise wide implementation projects for BioTech
- Financial services, FinTech
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Costing & Budgeting
Offshore team management
Continuous Integration(CI) / Continuous Deployment(CD)
Compliance - SOX, HIPAA
System Migrations /Integrations
Enterprise wide Implementations
Supply chain management
Data warehouse, MDM
DevOps Project Manager
Confidential, San Francisco
- Supported SaaS projects and automated project workflow services.
- Built and managed DevOps team
- Worked in an agile development environment, collaborated with Application teams
- Analyzed and resolved issues in application deployment activities.
- Collaborated with Vendors, business partners
- Worked with Security & Compliance team on upgrades and security patches
- Managed the team supporting all production releases
- Suggested and implemented workflows for operational efficiency.
- Formulated and executed monitoring strategies for application services.
- Participated in understanding of business requirements and release schedules.
- Generated and reported project status and updates to upper management
- Presented status reports, meeting minutes, etc. at meetings and delivered on action items
Environment: AWS, S3, ASG, EC2, VPC, SQS, SES, CloudWatch, Heroko, Bugsnag, CodeClimate, Ruby, Nginex, mySQL, Postgres, Splunk, Pingdom, Ansible, Slack, Okta, Fastly, Aurora MySQL, PagerDuty, Jira, Kanban, Encompass (Ellie Mae), SendGrid
Software Project Manager
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Created, managed and tracked project artifacts, including, but not limited to: Project schedules, detailed project plans, project scope statements, cost estimates, resource plans, RACI chart
- As a scrum master/Agile Product Owner organized and facilitated daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint release (every 2 weeks) planning, backlog grooming and other Scrum-related activities for
- Cloud native (GCP, AWS) research applications for experiment and analysis workflow
- Ramp up usage of GCP compute cluster; reducing use of AWS
- Interfacing with embedded software
- Aggregating profiling results and analyzing pipeline efficiency
- Initiated & implemented Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD), extreme programming(XP), BDD
- Presented updates, reports, insights, challenges and risks to Senior Management
- Managed external vendors and contractors (onsite, offshore: Poland, UK, India) to ensure timeliness and quality of deliverables.
Environment: Jira, Kanban, Confluence, Google CloudSQL, BigTable, Google App Engine, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Amazon EC2, Lucid charts, Smartsheets, Trello, Python, Firebase, Bootstrap, MeteorJS, Big Query, AngularJs, Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, spotfire, Flex, EndPoint, Jupyter Notebook, Periscope data, Splunk, Protractor, Hierarchical Data Format (HDF5), node.js, mySQL, BugZilla, github, Docker, Jenkins, MS SSIS,, iPython, Cython, Canopy, Ubuntu, Meteor Up, Stash, Tsunami UDP, Google Analytics, BDD, Flake8, Omniplan, Amazon Redshift, Spring MVC, Karma, Gerrit, SonarQube, RabbitMQ, Swagger, BBCP, CUDA
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Lead the successful implementation of web site releases for
- Integration with Confidential ’s multiple enterprise applications including MDM
- Managed software engineers and DevOps teams and built solutions by implementing Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment(CD), TDD
- As a Scrum master conducted multiple daily stand-ups, Sprint planning sessions, Scrum of Scrum, backlog grooming sessions, retrospections
- Leveraged relationships with 3rd party vendors, agencies and development partners
- Managed team through heavy defect reduction efforts to meet a zero defect
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
- Defined and documented project requirements, project deliverables and product acceptance criteria, project plans including scheduling, costs, and resources.
- Reviewed technical feasibility and worked with a team to develop timelines for product development (New resource hire) for Wealth Management Group.
- Produced and distributed project meeting notes and project status reports to keep sponsors, clients, IT management and team members up to date on progress and issues
- Recruited and mentored software engineering team members.
- Developed, evaluated and implemented improved processes, methods and tools to improve software delivery effectiveness
- Successfully Implemented Reporting Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence applications
- Planned and managed project from initiation through delivery; directed & provided project management support, functional technical expertise to the project team
- Reduced the report data refresh time from 24 hours to 15 minutes. Consolidated 20,000+ data tables to 35 tables to run top 100 heavily used reports; This resulted in the increase of Confidential ’s customer satisfaction and increase in sales volume.
- Increased the performance by Scalability, Robustness and Usability, Real-time Data Availability and Seamless ETL Load Efficiency
- Used Agile Software Development framework; Held daily standup meetings; Worked closely with the product owner and Scrum teams to manage sprints; Conducted sprint planning sessions; facilitated backlog grooming, user story sizing, sprint demos, and retrospectives.
- Managed change requests, RAID logs, RACI charts, procurement activities (including report visualization tools evaluation) related to the project
- Successfully implemented enterprise level social collaboration, branding, business process applications, HR applications, IT applications, PeopleSoft-integration applications, data warehouse(DW), Business Intelligence(BI), SharePoint upgrade using Agile Software Development framework
- Effectively and efficiently managed a diverse, geographically distributed, and multicultural environment and with teams across all functions and management levels.
- Defined and documented project requirements, project deliverables and product acceptance criteria.
- Worked directly with internal customers to understand business and technical needs; Prepared project plans including scheduling, costs, resources.
- Contributed to strategic planning, monthly status reporting, budgeting and other assigned special projects as required by position and adhering to operating plans and budgets
- Managed the recruitment, retention, and career development of internal staff by identifying their growth opportunities
Environment: Jira, MS SharePoint, Share Point Business Intelligence, Visual Studio, jQuery, Workflow, MS SQL Server, MVC, TDD, JIRA, TFS, SSRS, SSIS, MS Project, Selenium, NUnit