SENIOR PROJECT/PROGRAM MANAGER
High-quality solutions for large, complex projects on schedule and within budget
PMI-certified with 15 years managing large, complex domestic and global projects from concept through implementation, utilizing full SDLC. Matrix Managed cross-functional teams comprised of stakeholders from up to 23 organizations, in addition to Sponsors and IT. Application expertise includes Network Management Inventory, eCommerce Portal, financial services tax, audit, inventory, material management/movement/logistics, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, fixed assets ,procurement , and order entry/order provisioning through billing architecture software. Adept at utilizing the PMI methodology and Process Groups. Areas of expertise include:
- Strong technical background
- Waterfall agile Methodologies and tools
- Coordination of cross-functional teams, JADs
- Business process and systems transformation
- Risk management, contingency planning
- Excellent written, oral, facilitation skills
- Issue tracking and resolution budget tracking
- Change management, scope control
Network Project Management Manager
- Manages a global team of eight Project Managers located in Herndon, VA, and Hong Kong, China. The PMs initiate purchase requisitions PRs for equipment, facilities, circuits, services needed for project implementations submit project budgets capital and expense for approvals.
- Ensures that all systems databases are updated for assigned projects to ensure there is a document history of the implemented projects. Reports status on assigned network project implementations, located in the US or other countries. Works to ensure the defined KPI 5 timely order completions renewals is met.
IT Senior Project Manager, Engineering Managed Services Systems
- Network management, site installations, inventory, business intelligence, such as network performance OLAP and alarm enrichment
- Managed a program of seven large, highly complex wireless Small Cell Pico Cell data video , eFemto Voice , WiFI projects for Sprint's 4G LTE product line. Full SDLC utilized from stakeholder requirements definition through all development phases, Testing, implementation, and Post-Production warranty
- Managed a team responsible for applications including order entry, provisioning, performance KPIs, SLAs, reporting , alarms, security drivers, network tools, GUI front-end for device installations, inventory, release management.
- Managed a cross-functional team of 230 team members both onshore and offshore, with a budget of a budget of 9M, with multiple projects and releases in progress simultaneously
IT Senior Project/Program Manager, Enterprise Wholesale Billing, Ashburn, VA, June, 2006-2011
- Planned, managed, and executed highly complex domestic and global projects for commercial and government customers. Multi-tasked 10 projects simultaneously, with a budget of 8M - 12M, in varying phases of the SDLC. Team sizes ranged from 50-182 participants both onshore and offshore , for order entry and provisioning, billing, tax, and audit applications, system transformation, customer migrations, release management to complete all phases on time and within budget. Shepherded clients' requirements through full SDLC.
- Program Manager to increase the percentage of paperless customers. One project enforced paperless compliance for 2 major products, eliminating 268,172 pages per month, saving millions of dollars in paper postage charges per year.
- Prepared presented dashboards, scorecards, project performance metrics to executives
- Led 75 team members to implement order entry billing software enhancements for an international product, using cross-corporate ID routing between international and domestic toll-free customers. Expected annual revenue: 1M/year
- Billing PM for 75 for the Federal Government Networx communications contract Invoices for data services, voice and wireless products contributed to multi-millions in revenue from government agencies, such as SSA, IRS, Homeland Security, FEMA, USDA, DOL. and NOA
- Managed system changes to accurately calculate and bill International Tax, eliminating the potential for millions of dollars in penalties fines
- Led complex projects, with 182 team members, to decommission a major COTS billing system, integrating functions into existing order entry, provisioning, and billing systems, eliminating the significant cost of vendor system support
- Led projects to support eCommerce applications, Portal Billing, contract automation, order entry, provisioning, order fulfillment,
- Release Manager for implementation of projects impacting billing applications for several releases
- Led software transformation and integration projects to support Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Managed a 45M SAP RM-CA Accounts Receivable project to consolidate 11 systems, utilizing SAP, Ascential, and multiple Data Warehouses. Cross-functional team included members of Finance, Audit, IT, and 65 contractors from Arthur Anderson Consulting
- Worked with PMO to define SDLC process for IT projects
Senior Engineer II Also PM BA , Network Order Entry, Provisioning, Billing Systems
- Worked with Marketing, Engineering, switch vendors to define develop data services system and interface requirements for order entry, provisioning, billing statistics collection mediation for down-stream invoicing systems OSS / BSS
- Defined requirements to obtain network switch accounting statistics, required for billing data services products i.e., ATM, FR, Internet, video, cloud . Defined order entry provisioning architecture requirements to seamlessly interface with Billing Audit,
- Recommended ATM switch vendors, based on switch billing capabilities, for vendor selection during the RFP response evaluation process. Managed vendor billing deliverables after contract award
- Coordinated with the Billing Data Center Network Operations for deployment support of the billing collection servers software migrated these systems from Cary to N. Royalton data center
- Represented MCI on a billing task force with British Telecom to produce joint billing interface system requirements in preparation for merger. Also defined documented the approach design specifics to interface MCI's billing provisioning systems with those of Canadian carrier Stentor
- Presented MCI ATM billing capabilities to potential customers, including the Navy the Air Force, developed the billing section responses to their RFP's.
- Obtained hardware quotes and cost assessments from outsourcing firms and internal systems organizations to determine total funding required for large billing development projects
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- IT Systems Application Manager - RAD Rapid Application Development /Agile , data warehouse, LAN support, CASE Tools, Object Oriented Methodology
- Wireline Order Entry Provisioning circuits, channels, cables, engineering parameters
- Telco Billing Audit - Managed a 105-person team to develop a strategic 4.2M database system to dispute Telco billing charges, resulting in a cost savings of .06 per revenue dollar
- Programmer through team leader for Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Receiving / Warehouse Management, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, COTS packages, ERP
Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook , Microsoft Project, Oracle, Web Logic, Unix, Solaris, Java, C , DB2, Datamart, SQL, Sharepoint, PeopleSoft, SAP RM-CA, Visio, UML, .NETWindows, Cloud knowledge, COTS, ERP, Data Warehouse