- Visionary, resourceful hands on CCIE with specialty expertise and proven success innovating state-of-the-art solutions on time and under budget. Respected leader of diverse, cross-functional teams and highly regarded as a key resource, critical thinker, and out-of-the-box problem solver. Strong understanding of the relationship between technology and strategic business interests with a P L mindset proven to drive multimillion-dollar per annum savings with a proven track record of managing large-scale network engineering teams in a global diverse mission critical enterprise environment. Network data center migration and integration during merges and acquisitions.
- Effective user of technology to increase profits, productivity, and complete edge while simultaneously delivering significant reductions in the cost of doing business. Backed by solid credentials including multiple industry certifications MCP, JNCIS, SANS, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CISSP 342580, CCIE 12310, TOGAF 9, ITIL, MCP I , advanced technical acumen, and cross-platform expertise with over 24 years of multinational experience in IT industry.
- Expert in the design and delivery of cost-effective, high-performance information technology infrastructures and applications to address complex business problems.
- Extensively qualified in all facets of project life cycle, from initial feasibility analysis and conceptual design through implementation, documentation, user training and enhancement in a global multinational enterprise environment
- Strong international networking with a proven ability to build and manage creative, highly energized, focused IT teams.
- Proactive, forward thinking individual with high energy, motivating personality.
Lead Security Enterprise Architect
- Identify and mitigate InfoSec risk, stay ahead of emerging cyber threats, defend and protect enterprise wide sensitive information assets, Data Loss Prevention DLP , security incident response detection, investigation, containment, eradication and disaster recovery planning. Recommend, design, implement and administer corporate-wide information security solutions to ensure system and data availability, integrity and confidentiality, minimize security and privacy risks and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements from FERC, NERC-CIP, NIST, HIPAA, SOX, PCI, SCADA, NEI.
- Lead various transformative enterprise network initiatives including preparation for a NERC CIP audit, complete MPLS network redesign, infrastructure upgrades, data center global load balancing utilizing Cisco OTV, Cisco ISE , SIP, Cisco Nexus rollout, new data center build outs and migrations within a complex highly secured SCADA multi-vendor network environment including nuclear power plants.
Provide SME expertise for AST, AS and GTA groups on the development of new AST tools such as PELE, I R, SCH, NLS for comprehensive Unified Communication network care and improvement.
- Consult United Health Group, the largest health insurance provider in the US, which serves more than 55 million individual customers, on data and voice national networks.
- Develop a strategy and implement a transitioning of network management from AT T to internal resources, ensuring enterprise-wide systems availability, enhancing the quality of IT services delivered for more than 55.000 users, over 500 sites, while driving down costs.
- Design and implement new WAN architecture scalable for VOIP using MPLS technology and Cisco 7200, 3800, 2800 series routers, Catalyst 6500, 4500 and 3750 series switches, Develop configuration standards and documentation set for each site using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Deploy Unified Communication VOIP Pilot Project defining the placement on the network and configuring Cisco CallManager and CallManager Express, Cisco Unity and Unity Express.
- Merge recently acquired companies to existing United Health network. Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 hands on support for NOC utilizing tools such as CiscoWorks, Concord Health and HP Openview.
- Key achievements:
- Upgrade, replace network equipment LAN and WAN and migrate data centers at nearly half of the company's sites, affecting approximately 70 of United Health Group's employees that resulted in a savings of more than 10 million a year for the company.
- Led major initiatives, develop roadmaps and standards, and oversee all aspects of the Philips corporate, mission critical, global international web hosting network covering over 60 countries including over 100 routers, 200 switches, 190 VLANs, 5 pairs of Cisco Firewall Switching Modules FWSM and 4 Cisco Content Switching Modules CSM using high-end Cisco Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Provide management, technical leadership capacity planning, and expertise to global network initiatives and projects, including remote mentoring of IT teams in Europe and Latin America.
- Manage vendor relationships and together developed solutions to be offered as services using Technology and Product analysis, perform risk assessments against planned milestones, manage capital project expenditures and coordinate external dependencies.
- Key achievements:
- Increased the Global Philips web-hosting services uptime from 96.7 to 99.99 within first 4 weeks of employment by implementing sophisticated state-of-the-art redundant technology, which made a significant impact on the services and revenue of the Philips EUR 30.3B in sales corporation.
- Delivered a 21 reduction in network operating costs by renegotiating disaster recovery service contracts, evaluating alternative support and maintenance providers and reducing the annual cost through applying new technologies and adept renegotiations with vendors.
- Personally found several developmental flaws in newly introduced Cisco equipment, worked closely with the Cisco development team to simulate, identify and find a solution and make it as a recommendation to the industry.
Lead Senior Network Engineer
- Provided network management for Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, - world leader in cancer and HIV research and institute partners such as Harvard University, MIT, Harvard Hospitals, and several pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms.
- Performed sound independent analysis of network and systems security design and implementation of such designs. In depth knowledge of firewall technologies including configuration and rule set creation.
- Continually monitored, assessed and improved network security, tested and implemented new security technologies. Tracked current security advisories, determined core network vulnerability, and then provided rapid guidance in order to minimize core network exposure.
- Planned, coordinated, implemented and supported the 802.11x, VPN over wireless, security, LAN/WAN hardware, software and Internet/Intranet/Extranet integration network connectivity, diagnosed network failures and resolved any problems.
- Participated in design conferences, budget preparation, produced network diagrams and detailed network documentation, report findings to senior management. Maintained technical and vendor product information and assisted in establishing performance standards, policies and procedures for the enterprise.
- Provided leadership and training to the junior level network professionals.
- Led the organization through a series of upgrades to capitalize on emerging technologies and application enhancements including the replacement of obsolete systems in all 6 locations with new LAN/WAN technology, linking them with fiber optic connections. Completed this over 2 million dollars project within the budget limits, 14 days before due date with zero network downtime.
- Minimized corporate network vulnerability up to the highest DoD and HIPPA standards by installing Cisco PIX firewall and Cisco Intrusion Detection System, Cisco VPN and Layer 2 and 3 implementations.
- Built proof-of-concept VOIP environment based on Cisco IP Telephony technology for product evaluation. Provided assessment and Total Cost of Ownership Analysis for VOIP installation.
- Reduced network-related help desk calls 85 by restructuring and upgrading company network and by deploying highly scalable and reliable DNS, DHCP solution using Cisco Network Registrar 6.0.
- Executed an IT culture change and transitioned the function from technology-driven to a business-process driven role.
Lead Senior Network Engineer
- Designed, supported and implemented LAN/WAN for financial transaction processing financial / payment processing company, services of which included order capture, routing of separate fulfillment requests to multiple suppliers, real-time credit card authorization and inventory availability checking, financial settlement and order status notification to consumers via e-mail, providing financial services for consumers and businesses.
- Configured and maintained routers, switches, firewalls and global load balancing solutions from Cisco and other manufacturers in a Web-hosting, mission critical, 24x7x365 high-availability secure environment which had established connections to over 600 commerce partners, including Visa, MasterCard, 1-800-Flowers, Blockbuster, etc.
- Acted as the senior escalation point for day to day router/switch security issues in support of the NOC and R D Department. Contributed to the production of reports and post mortems on events and outages related to the job.
- Full project life cycle for enterprise-scale Network contingency planning, network configuration, optimization, redundancy and routing design.
- Maintained technical and vendor product information and recommended standards for the enterprise. Experienced in provisioning and troubleshooting circuits from ISP's such as: AT T, Sprint, MCI, and Verizon.
- Integrated network performance tuning capabilities in a multi-protocol, multi operating system environment which increased network performance and stability by 19 . Developed Disaster Recovery procedure that allowed rapid recovery in a mission-critical environment.
- Modernized network infrastructure through systems overhaul to catapult network speed by 100 and introduce state-of-the-art IT system featuring gigabit backbone and clustering designed specifically to provide maximum performance for e-business. Completed three months ahead of schedule and 120K under budget.
- Implemented organization's first NOC highly responsive, multi-tiered support system which improved customer satisfaction, increased department-wide productivity and eliminated expensive technical staff during 2nd and 3rd shifts.
- Redesigned and implemented rapidly deployable, consistent security throughout the enterprise in a comprehensive and layered approach by adopting latest technologies, which reduced network's vulnerability and prepared the network for a successful IT auditing from VISA.
- Featured several times on the company's intranet web site as Employee of the month as one of the leading IT innovators.
Project Manager, Senior Technical Analyst
- Managed projects in all phases: requirements gathering, design, system integration, user acceptance testing, and implementation.
- Developed plans for implementation of changes and scheduled/performed testing and contingency procedures as required. Worked with management and analysts in all departments to understand business needs and to ensure that business requirements are achieved and documented.
- Coordinated the process of evaluating current systems functionality and follow up on issues stemming from these tasks. Ensured that adequate support was provided to all project team members so that they had what they needed to complete their project assignments.
- Lead a team through a complete Provincial Library system migration to capitalize on emerging technologies and application enhancements including the replacement of obsolete systems in all 589 libraries across the province.
- Implemented a unique library catalogue search engine, first in Canada, which allowed users to perform real time library material searches across Canada and USA.
- Installed WAN between 9 regional branch libraries while facing severe constraints on facility engineering and fiscal limitations. The completed project improved administrative efficiency by more than 50 .
- Standardized a suite of desktop software products allowing greater ease in document sharing, as well as the ability to upgrade software remotely and to troubleshoot more efficiently and exponentially which reduced the staffing and operation costs by 34 .
- Provided technical expertise to the library grants project of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation with budget of 636,957 over the year of 2000 to support Saskatchewan's public libraries, serving low-income communities with a gift of public access computers, Internet access, and training of library staff.
- Completed Y2K compliance project of entire network including 589 remote locations 5 weeks before the deadline, with budget savings of 42K. Fully exploited the economies and advantages of cyberspace.
Computer System Analyst
- Provided remote and on-site LAN/WAN support for domestic and international customers, including Tier III support for travel agencies and for key accounts of all sizes.
- Network system administration with support of the industry specific reservation system software applications like SABRE Logibro for end user clients.
- Designed and implemented customer call-centre support procedures and customer network design strategy for sales and marketing teams.
- Implemented an expeditious and reliable communication system between HQ and travel agencies offices via the right e-mail capability. Completed project in 34 days.
- Project team leader on a BackOffice conversion resulting in consolidation and streamlined efficiency.
- Directed seamless migration from public IP to private IP network to safeguard extremely vulnerable, exposed network. Designed and implemented numerous security enhancements to avert serious threats to security and insulate organization from legal risk.
- Recognized for outstanding quality of customer service with numerous customer-support awards and personal commendation from clients.
Computer System Analyst, Software Developer
- Provided advanced computer hardware and software maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs to automate warehouse systems. Used software development life-cycle SDLC , software and database security best practices.
- Designed and developed software to integrate data being stored by separate systems into a unified, client/server environment.
- Encouraged acceptance of PC platform, which reduced operational dependency on mainframes and greatly improved overall system performance to increase recorded uptime to 95 .
- Strategize and launched procedural improvements to increase productivity, including scheduled hardware maintenance, employee activity tracking, and systems cross integration.
- Reengineered processes through computerization to enable knowledge sharing across the entire enterprise.
- Administered network systems, application installation, configuration and support of DOS, Microsoft and Windows family products.