- Result and detail-oriented, PMI Project Management Institute PMP, Scrum Fundamentals SFC and Kaizen Lean Yellow Belt certified, over 15 years of experience in managing IT Application Development, Program and Project Management. Business analysis and Systems analysis.
- Worked extensively in eCommerce Programs and projects targeting Sales and Service Websites -development and enhancement. Managed mobile web site development and iPhone Self Service App From Concept to Delivery to App Store.
- Functional subject matter expert in Insurance and Finance Industry Various years of experience working in Property Casualty Insurance, Health Life Accident, Banking and Credit Card Industry.
- Experience in managing programs and projects in all SDLC phases - Creating Charter, Managing stakeholders and scope, prioritizing with stakeholders based on industry and organizational needs, Gathering requirements, Developing Project plans, Creating and Tracking timelines, Budget, Status Reporting, Risk Analysis and delivering the deliverables in phases on time and in budget with both waterfall and agile working teams.
- Skilled as subject matter expert in identification and creation of Business and IT process flows. Lead a team of business analysts for creation of Functional process flows for IT assets.
- Effective understanding of project integration management, resource management, effective scope verification, schedule control and integrated change control.
- Extensively employed the established project management tools - MS Project, MS Office Suite, and MS Visio process improvement frameworks such as ITIL.
- Experienced working with PPM Project and Portfolio Management tool by HP and PlanView.
- In-depth experience in creation of Functional Specification Documents FSD , Business Requirement Documents BRD , Project Charters, Status reports. Facilitated quality and timely milestone deliverables. Lead numerous JAD sessions in various projects.
- Proactively worked to develop and implement Process Improvement Plans, documents and methodologies and analyze effectiveness of the same.
- Certified Zurich Lean Yellow Belt Kaizen methodology Process improvement and reduction of waste. Co-Facilitated Kaizen events.
- Strong team building and conflict resolving abilities with excellent communication skills. Ability to establish effective and clear communication with team members, managers and internal/external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and proven ability to learn new skills business or technical expeditiously.
Role Senior Project Manager
- Manage large-scale applications, programs and projects across multiple operation teams, involving significant scope and complexity. Ensure delivery of projects to the business partner, meeting the legal and compliance directives and deliver projects to meet the approved scope/cost/schedule/quality objectives for the project.
- Work in an Agile development environment maintaining backlogs, planning and scheduling grooming sessions for multiple teams, participating in planning sessions, sprint planning and sprint stand-ups. Helped the product owner and tech lead manage capacity on sprint teams. Support development and QA during sprints, organize the UAT with business.
- Set direction at project execution level, work autonomously in the management of the project team and collaborate with the required business units and executives to establish and execute on common goals.
- Coordinate systems development for major applications, define project requirements including information and data needs, business analysis and programming.
- Develop, plan, analyze, evaluate and assign priorities to deliverables and requirements. Define project phases, set deadlines and manage staff. Develop project plans with milestones.
- Performs risk identification and mitigation activities, escalating unresolved issues to the Executive and / or Steering Committee where appropriate to secure their timely decisions/support.
- Handled successful planning and execution of a large and complex project to implement the automated data retention and destruction functionality for relevant structured data records stored in application databases.
- Managed various projects within the card data security program to identify the use, storage, movement and associated controls of critical credit card data to be compliant with the regulatory requirements.
- Managing projects requiring modifications across all major bank wide applications to handle changes that are necessary to fulfill the Fair Credit Reporting Act FCRA , CFPB related regulations and driving the compliance and marketing teams for scope finalization, seeking regular executive direction and inputs through the project initiation phase.
- Handled numerous projects to handle changes to the customer facing apply website, customer self-service website and other partner hosted website changes to fulfill compliance related changes, remediating the critical audit findings and meeting the compliance deadlines.
- Working closely with the credit bureaus Transunion, Experian and EquiFax to ensure successful engagement, deliverables and commitment to the projects.
- Managing coordination with TSYS Credit Card Processing to plan for changes related to Barclay projects. Understanding TSYS services and file processing capabilities to integrate with business needs.
- Performing vendor SOW review, recommending modifications for successful engagement and safeguarding the bank interest and deliverables expectations.
- Participation in vendor presentations to review POCs, managing vendor budget related to assigned project s and ensuring clear and effective communication for all projects.
- Utilize the feature driven methodology to organize the development and QA cycle for more efficient delivery schedule.
Senior Project Manager/e-Commerce Technical Delivery Lead
21st Century Insurance is engaged in the sales and service of Personal Auto Insurance policies. Assigned multiple roles, projects and responsibilities over a span of 7 years of engagement.
- Managing and leading the development and maintenance of 21st Century Sales and Service website s .
- Program and project coordination with 21st Century e-Business, Customer Experience and Marketing business owners for various e-commerce customer facing programs e-Signature of documents, AutoPay enhancements, Paperless Discounts, Policy Self Servicing enhancements, Electronic document delivery and other various related projects and enhancements
- Managed cross functional teams by developing detailed project plans, achieving timely progress against plans and delivering all critical elements of the project management model. Developed quality measures and critical success factors to effectively measure project success rates.
- Defined staffing requirements, formed project teams, managed senior team members, monitored project milestones. Conducted resource interviews for projects.
- Develop and agree budget with the business and relevant stakeholders.
- Reviewed business requirement document BRD with project teams. Extracted, discussed, and refined business requirement from business users and team members.
- Lead a team of 8 Business Analysts.
- Worked on projects and assignments serving various business units - Marketing, Sales, Service, Compliance, Underwriting, Rating, Internet development and enhancement projects.
- Manage communications and status reporting of the tasks to the Operations head and Business sponsors.
- Manage, plan and track project costs, schedules, risks and resources using the HP PPM Project and Portfolio Management suite.
- Identify process improvement areas and worked towards continuous improvement for project execution.
- Supervised the execution of projects under SDLC methodology and ensuring quality deliverables at each stage.
- Proactive negotiation, mitigation, and resolution of schedule slippage and conflicts.
- Facilitated user interviews, workshops to gather requirements.
- Worked on functional specification document FSD by interacting with development teams.
- Expertize in business rules identification for ILOG Business rules implementation .
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business groups, operations, and the technical teams throughout the project cycle including large conversion projects for 21st Century west coast applications to east coast applications
- Involved in phase gate and stakeholder reviews to ensure all activities and deliverables were completed timely and accurately.
- Worked closely on release management to assign/re-assign tasks into logical releases and follow each phase of the service requests to ensure successful completion within the timelines as defined in the release project plans.
- Providing functional consultation to Assigned Risk project sponsors and operations with expert in-depth system knowledge having being involved in application development.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Screen navigation diagrams. Conducted working sessions with Architecture team to facilitate High level architecture and Data Architecture diagrams.
- Provide SME consulting to operations, underwriting, compliance, eBusiness and other business units to assist in strategic planning of projects and initiatives.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
New Application Development: Assigned Risk Policy System
Managing and Leading the application development of Assigned Risk Auto Policywriting System. Extensively involved in every phase and multiple interfaces of the project. Lead the conversion team to migrate inforce assigned risk policies on the third party system to the AIG system.
- Involved in extensive strategic process analysis for the existing application to identify the high level changes required for the assigned risk system, user roles input an output.
- Managed the development and integration of Quote and Policy Systems.
- Designed models to assist key stakeholders in identifying, selecting and prioritizing strategic IT approach to fulfill business requirement at justified cost.
- Provided tools and techniques to manage project plans work breakdown structures, risk assessments, communications, project issues and data collection methods.
- Actively participated and contributed in the JAD sessions in identification of key issues to be resolved by IT to fulfill the business process as outlined by the project sponsors and operations managers.
- Worked on the comprehensive functional requirement document and use cases for the New business and Policywriting system.
- Worked with development teams and QA group throughout the project life cycle, forecasting possible issues and provide timely resolution avoiding rework.
- Represented AIG to work directly with the vendor in understanding high-level functionality of the rating product and working on the risk identification for the same.
- Managing vendor communication and overall expectation to make sure the deliverables are clear and received as per the project plan deadlines.
- Arranged for multiple vendor presentations, prototypes and inputs to research and arrive at desired rating software vendor for the assigned risk line of business. Created detailed vendor product analysis documents to support the findings and help sponsors in decision making process.
- Subject Matter Expert and hands on working experience on the new rating system From the inception of the Assigned Risk system till handover to other teams, one point contact for all the rating projects for assigned risk.
- Manage communications, quality, and customer internal and external expectations throughout the life cycle of the project. Guide and review the deliverables after each milestone.
- Worked on extensive conversion project to transfer the assigned risk book of business processed by third part administrator to the in house developed assigned risk system.
Technical Lead/ Business Analyst
Maintenance and Enhancement: Auto Policy writing System
Managing the system support, enhancement and maintenance of MetLife Auto Policywriting Applications. Leading a team of 9 for executing maintenance and production tasks in offshore delivery model.
- Prepare Estimation sheets manage the execution of change requests/production support calls through their lifecycle and perform health monitoring/status reporting.
- Analyzing the proposed Design and technical feasibility.
- Analyze and expound the maintenance change requests submitted by business users for the Policy Administration Systems.
- Providing the resource and costing information to business for cost benefit analysis on enhancements requested.
- Mentor team members on quality related processes for executing maintenance/production support requests effectively.
Sr. Programmer/Group Lead
Maintenance and Enhancement: Policy Systems Health and Life Insurance Applications
- Hands on experience with participation in all stages of SDLC.
- Assisted the team lead with the project management roles that involved updating of project plans and quality plans. Holding meeting to discuss and analyze the metrics.
- Undertook a Six-Sigma Green belt project to reduce time spent on similar kind of task received from the client. This involved reducing the time spent on preparing the analysis and the test result document by using specified templates.
- Worked as a Quality Assurance member raising the Review Effectiveness to 100 for three consecutive months. Awarded a letter of appreciation from the organization for this achievement.
- Worked in the SLA model providing the required services to the client.
- Performed Requirements Analysis by analyzing business workflow and creating detailed designs.
- Assisted in functional testing of enhancements and support. Provided expert production support.
- Analysis of conversion specifications and data mapping sheets.
- Design and develop modules to extract and convert data from source to destination format as per specifications.
- Prepare unit test plans.
- Execute unit tests and prepare the SDLC documents Design/Analysis, UTC, Delivery Notes.
- Analyzing the proposed Design and technical feasibility.
- Develop and enforce migration standards and best practices.