- Over twenty years of experience in the information technology field
- Expert in the areas of planning, managing, collaborating, researching, and directing IT programs.
- Influential facilitator in educational and training environments.
- Research interest is in information security. Dissertation title: Factors impacting information security noncompliance when completing job tasks.
- Fully qualified Project Manager Professional PMP using the Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK .
- Successfully lead teams t accomplish a broad range of complex technology goals.
- Certified Public Manager CPM .
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification.
- Broad range of technical skills.
- Manage teams formed by various vendors, medical facility staff, and internal technical staff t ensure the successful implementation of the state Health Information Exchange.
- Work with team leads t ensure the successful implementation of medical facility on-boarding
- Successfully lead team t implementation of new Direct Secure Messaging Solution
- Work with teams t implement various medical gateways i.e. Orders Gateway, Immunization Gateway, Patient Health Portals, etc.
- Work toward the implementation of a new Tier One Support program for OHIT department.
- Work with staff t implement agency information security audits and assessments.
- Work with legal council t review contracts for Information Security and Disaster Recovery concerns with vendors.
- Ensure chosen solutions d not present unnecessary risk t the sensitive data that falls under the HIPAA rule.
Manage IT Projects
Team management skills assist in communication, coordination and cooperation between state agencies, educational cooperatives, public school districts and various application vendors.
State Cyber Security Office SCSO
- Managed Cisc ASA and Pix firewalls on state network for State agencies, boards, commissions and public schools
- Managed firewalls feature sets configured on State routers
- Provided service t State agencies, boards, commissions, and public schools.
- Troubleshot issues relating t firewalls and firewall feature sets on Cisc devices.
Arkansas Department of Information Systems DIS
Managed enterprise level programs and projects for:
- State Cyber Security Office SCSO
- Project Manager for an award winning project t conduct a feasibility study on implementing an effective automated system t discover and mitigate botnets on the State network.
- Project Manager for a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard PCI DSS implementation for the Arkansas Parks and Tourism agency.
- Managed various projects t ensure the State Cyber Security Office was in compliance with the legislative audit requirements.
- Arkansas Department of Education ADE
- Program Manager for 20M statewide IT services, including Internet access and statewide compressed, interactive vide networks.
- Project Manager for the implementation of a 1.6M statewide student management system.
- Managed legislative audit requirements SAS70 project.
State IT Operations.
- Project Manager for the implementation of a new state incident tracking system used by multiple State agencies, boards, commissions, and public school customers.
- Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple projects directed toward strategic state IT objectives.
- Ensured project change control and sponsor approval for all changes t scope, budget and schedule.
- Monitored other project managers t manage costs, schedule, and performance of phased projects, while working t ensure the ultimate success and acceptance of the program.
- Lead personnel within a technical team environment. Monitored progress on task assignments.
- Provided documentation related t program and project plans, such as:
- Executive briefings, technical requirements, status updates, project progress, communication plans, risk and mitigation plans, issues and resolutions.
Six years experience with actively planning and facilitating information technology courses for the Bachelor of Science in IT program. Both online and face-to-face. Facilitated three t six courses per year. Courses include: Information Systems Fundamentals Information Systems Security Management Networking Security Business Systems Project Planning and Implementation Information Network and Telecommunications I and II Information Systems Risk Management Fundamentals of Networking.
- Reliably provided testing and analysis of all new classroom educational technology systems for the county-wide school district.
- Successfully implemented approved educational technology systems. Managed and maintained currently installed systems for all local school sites.
- Facilitated in grant writing activities for the purchase of highly specialized computer systems for student training.
Arkansas Department of Information Systems DIS
- Successfully installed, upgraded and troubleshot multiple public school district LANs. Ensured district access t state hosted student management and financial management systems were operational.
- Effectively developed and delivered teaching and training for public school technical personnel on local area network LAN installation and maintenance, server installation and maintenance, and email systems i.e. Microsoft Exchange and GroupWise .
- Worked on development of the Cyber Security for Public Schools Manual.
- Successfully lead, planned, managed and evaluated all IT operations for the district
- Developed and implemented entire network system from the ground, up.
- Effectively communicated with administration and school board on information technology strategic plans and status of current IT projects.
- Successfully applied for and received grant funding for technical projects, specifically e-rate funds for telecommunication applications.
- Effectively developed and delivered training for all district staff on the use of the information technology.
- Taught high school computer science first 5 years .