- A senior IT professional with over twenty-five years of broad-based experience in Mainframe, Midrange, and Client Server architecture, application development and infrastructure support accustomed to working closely with senior management from Technology, Information Security and Compliance, Risk, Customer Service, Finance, Marketing, Life Insurance, Actuary, Credit Card, Retail Banking, Human Resources and outside service providers.
- Proven track record for delivery of highly-visible business-critical projects possessing complex business, technology and organizational components.
- Partner with multiple business units to define business requirements and develop multi-year enterprise architecture roadmaps for technology aligning with client global strategy, Information Security, Compliance and technology standards.
- Expertise includes: application /infrastructure build, architecture database/data warehouse design, data management, application development and support, system support and disaster recovery.
- Build, lead and mentor professional teams of up to 100, making them centers of excellence, achieving CMM Capability Maturity Model - Level 3 performance.
- Manage all phases of the SDLC project lifecycle from initiation through closure, resource planning and definition, project planning, business requirement, detail design, communication, vendor selection, contract management.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Information Security Controls - Business Intelligence
- Privileged User Management - Information Security Procedures
- Vendor Relations/Management - Architecture Design Application Design - Infrastructure Build
- Data Warehousing - Vulnerability and Risk Assessment
- Disaster Recovery Business Solutions - Team Build/Lead/Mentor
- Stakeholder Collaboration - Project Management
- Knowledge-Sharing - Distributed Systems Solutions,
- Critical Situation Management - Financial Analysis
- Operating Systems: AIX, UNIX, Solaris, VMware, MVS, DOS
- Hardware Platforms: IBM P- Series, Sun, Wintel, Mainframe, AS400, Netezza
- Database: UDB, Oracle, Sybase, Informix
- Programming Languages/ Software: Archer 5, Abinitio, SAS, Business Objects, Cognos, COBOL, Assembler, BASIC, PL1
- System Utilities: Tivoli, Load Leveler, Oracle High Availability, Informix Connection Manager, Load Runner
- Network: T1, T3, CNT, LAN, WAN, FTP, High Speed Switch, SRDF, Modem, Routers
- Office Products: Microsoft Project Plan, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, Plainview
Senior Project Manager
- Provide oversight and guidance for Privileged user access to the banks global infrastructure. Partner with Compliance and control officers worldwide to ensure adherence to Information Security practices and procedures. Assist with the development of procedures for security controls and risks exception.
- Implemented entitlement process across Citigroup Infrastructure for 23,000 Unix severs and 2,000 Technology users.
- Developed Entitlement Training Manual and facilitated Privileged User access training work sessions.
- Develop business and functional requirements for Web Based privileged user entitlement application.
- Design enhancements to Citi Marketplace work flows and process for requesting Online Information Security products. Develop business and functional requirements.
- Work closely with Compliance and Citi Architecture Engineering to analyze and document Citi's Global Distributed Systems Information Security access methods and develop roadmap for Compliance and Regulatory process improvements.
Infrastructure Client Manager
- Selected to broaden career and leverage strong technology infrastructure build expertise and analytic capabilities to provide financial transparency to Citi businesses for Global Transformation initiative. Create financial strategies/plans to ensure technology services and business priorities converge to achieve business goals. Expand North American IT governance model to Europe and Asia/Pacific develop analytic/reporting means to inform top IT/business unit executives concerning status, spend and ROI of major initiatives.
- Improved management decision-making timeliness and effectiveness by consolidating all decentralized ad hoc reports into one central location using Microsoft Share Point to manage vulnerability, compliance, risk assessment and audit information. Launched internal compliance Wiki as reference site for management.
- Developed global reporting dashboard, enabling business unit executives to forecast technology spend and build equipment/technology budgets, based upon previous usage, spend analyses and real-time trends.
Senior Technology Manager
- Led technology team comprised of database administrators, data modelers, business intelligence developers, architects and application designers directed multiple SDLC projects supporting tactical/strategic initiatives, including business requirements, scope, resources, budgets and implementations managed system capacity, planning and execution of projects on multiple platforms.
- Enabled 60 decrease in annual retail banking IT run rate by leading Retail Banking Data Warehouse initiative, which incorporated lower-cost offshore support, consolidation of multiple data marts into single integrated data warehouse, replacement of aging applications and overall reduced support costs.
- Increased anticipated retail banking revenue generation and customer retention opportunities, by creating infrastructure that included data repository to support increased concierge sales processes and interfacing it with envisioned Global Customer Information Environment.
VP Senior Technology Solutions Delivery/Application Project Manager
- Led architecture, design and implementation of Private Bank Central Data Warehouse Repository supported 130 million global customers developed architecture and design for infrastructure and end user BI tools and applications collaborated with business stakeholders and executive management directed cross-functional technology teams.
- Led development of financial data warehouse to consolidate several post-merger back-end accounting systems to single consistent Sarbanes Oxley compliant platform, reduced CPU usage at desktop/server locations, achieving regulatory compliance, improve customer service and streamline financial back-office processes.
- Manage all phases of the project lifecycle from initiation through closure identified key stakeholders, resource planning and definition, project planning, communication, vendor selection, contract management, resource management, business requirements, architecture, detail design.
- Responsible for staff mentoring and training and insured staff scheduling and availability. Managed systems administrators, database engineers, and application and Business Intelligence tools developers.
VP Senior Engineering Technology Manager -
- Led engineering, development and implementation of operational/analytical database platforms designed and supported multiple business projects for customer service, risk department, finance and marketing supported 6,000 users.
- Manage all phases of the SDLC project lifecycle from initiation through closure identified key stakeholders, resource planning and definition, project planning, communication, vendor selection, contract management, resource management, business requirements, architecture, detail design.
- Managed the design and implementation of ETL extract, transform and load using Abinito.
- Received Excalibur Award from the business for providing excellent support and demonstrating dedication.
- Oversee the integration of IBM Transition/Transformation of Outsource engagement. Enabled transparency of service delivery. Served as technology liaison between JPMC and IBM legal departments to negotiate bank wide software license agreement.
- Won senior management approval and implemented JPMC's first Business Intelligence Data Warehouse, which reduced product time-to-market, improved risk assessment, marketing campaign management and understanding of customer behavior, profitability and delinquency, by delivering complex views of customer data.
- Refreshed large technology environment, reduced servers from 112 to six and outsourced support to IBM, which streamlined support and reduced real estate footprint, power and environmental costs.
- Defined IBM and Oracle database strategy for operational platforms and led benchmark effort. Conducted industry research for database software/tools technology solutions developed database strategies to ensure best-in-class database implementations.
- Developed strategy for Client's infrastructure Transformation proposition. Responsible for the delivery of multiple and diverse technical services solution development including UNIX, AIX and database architecture and administration best practice, unified messaging, mainframe infrastructure migration, data center's assessment and optimization.
- Led company's data centers infrastructure resiliency, recovery and availability assessment program. Defined desirable future resiliency state of the client DC infrastructure. Developed unique data center's DC resiliency and availability infrastructure assessment methodology. Led the design, development, and implementation of disaster recovery site facilitate semi- annual testing.
- Responsible for staff mentoring and training and insured staff scheduling and availability. Motivated and provided training for members of the organization. Managed architects, systems administrators, database engineers, and application and Business Intelligence tools developers.
- Manage system upgrades, maintenance and monitoring. Facilitate system health checks and system tuning.
- Ensured consistent 99.99 service levels, system availability and performance. Developed production support operating model for Distributed and Mainframe systems critical situation management, problem resolution, on call rotation, definition and support of Service Level agreements.
- Led and mentored the project team from both technical and functional perspectives including data management, database development, creation of Metadata repository, data architecture and modeling, backup and recovery strategies and capacity planning.
- Designed and implement Help Desk support model and facilitate user training.
Senior Application Programmer/Team Lead -
- Managed a team responsible for providing analytical data to Marketing and Risk business units for Targeting and Segmentation of Credit Card Customers. Analytics were produced using Mainframe SAS and COBOL program.
- Designed, developed and implemented Human Resource Bonus Planning Application. Provided reporting and tracking. Applications written in PowerBuilder.
Senior Programmer Team Lead
- Managed team to support online systems for Customer Service. Led the conversion of IBM System 36 to client server architecture including Optical Scanning Image system. Designed and implemented the network using Token Ring on a local area network server.
- Designed and implemented online application to support actuary department. Application was written in Micro focus CICS Cobol using Btrieve files.