Career Distinguished, Executive-Level PMO Professional with 18 years of managing Cross-functional Profile project implementations with multimillion dollar budgets for full software development life cycle desires to obtain a position as an Information Technology Program Director or Senior Consultant.
Sr. IT Program/Project Manager
As Sr. Program/Project manager I control and lead a Portfolio of web services projects specifically responsible for delivery of Uverse, Light Speed and Broadband internet application features and mobile features used by field technicians and customers. I establish relationships with the development and Engineering directors and lead team members to foster trust and communication alignment across departments. I am responsible for directing multiple teams of design, development, test and systems engineers. I also manage departmental budgets for the business units who allocate resources to the programs. This includes producing finance reports, creating estimates and forecast as well as using finance tools to adjust budgets upon project milestones and change request.
Software release projects that I managed included:
Multi-million dollar budget, waterfall/agile/lean methodology, on site and off shore resources for business clients, business analyst, data architects, design engineers, software development teams and testing vendors. Project names: OMS Network Transport C Order, Light Gig, Giga Power 1G, Ericsson Gen Band G6, Business Voice.
- Establishment of improved functional Project Management Office, project management methodology, and improvement of company capability to level 4
- Process improvement for application front door project intake methodology, approved/pending funding reporting and capacity planning for executive director business units
- Facilitating and overseeing test defect sessions realigning team leadership with release schedules
- Working with the auditing group and project document writers to resolve communication gaps and propose process change that will add value
- Development of change control board, as well as the PMO to negotiate preapproval for work to be done on a pending but important change request.
Sr. Program Manager Confidential
- As Sr. Project/PgM manager I led the development of Java based applications, oracle business intelligence solutions and dashboard reporting. Responsibilities included maintaining status reporting, leading a team of developers and testers, and giving presentations for executive management.
- Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Development for transaction based, web content management for end users including retail store and district managers, retail customers and online shoppers.
- The network architecture included source to tier 1 data replication DB2 to Oracle and then ETL process formats data and reporting from tier 1 to tier 2. Managing database pointing to environments for development, test, and via DBA to production.
- Coordinating development and testing efforts with cross functional teams in support of a major department store's buy online/pick up in store program.
- Troubleshooting and resolving operational reporting latency and discrepancy.
- Resolving production issues for already deployed data and reporting.
- Leading the integration team in end to end testing.
- Implementing performance initiatives that created a backup production environment for disaster recovery and hardware modifications that stored end user query selections to produce faster report generation.
PMO Sr. Project/Program Manager
As Sr. PgM manager I led multiple projects of product software upgrades and Business Intelligence data warehouse across various software applications to deliver end-to-end program solutions. Responsibilities include managing schedules in Microsoft Project/Excel and budgets and resource time entry in CMPM using Prism for project deliverables, managing and tracking team members' activities, preparing artifacts and deliverables for quality control compliance and managing client expectations, project scope and drive execution through full software development life cycle. Manage Utilize the customized methodology IBM Rational Unified Process called ITUP and Agile to develop iteratively, manage requirements, drive component based architecture, model software, verify quality and control changes for multi-million dollar software applications consisting of large development teams.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Deliver user interfacing web based content, applications to end users for performance monitoring and improvement
- Coordinating and targeting major deployments and minor/enhancement deployments with release management.
- Release management, ensuring that all QA documentation, technical reviews, testing results, approvals, sign offs and project artifacts were created and updated according to standard, and to ensure a defect free product.
- Monthly deployment of hot fixes, minor releases, and user interface enhancements
- Tracking overall project health, risk management, vendor management, time management, 10 million dollar budget planning and maintenance.
- Stake holder management in defining change control and the proper categorization for defects vs. upgrades and changes.
Rose International AT T Project
Project deployment supporting Ethernet-To-Cell-Site. I led a software product development project team and managed the deployment of an application that allowed network managers to track and manage the service orders for cell site to MTSO transport. Also, my team was responsible for creating a relational database and graphical user interface which tracked hardware build status, detailed material tracking and managed field team progress.
Full Time Student and Self Employed Consultant on going
I utilized this time of unemployment to complete my MBA at American Intercontinental University and to take professional training toward the completion of my PMI Project Management Professional Certification. I graduated with a 3.9 GPA and achieved one of the most prestigious project management certifications at PMI. I also took 1 year of software development, database architecture and computer science classes to add to my technical project management skills.
Martial Art School Owner / IT Consultant
Responsible for owning a Choi Kwang Do Martial Art school teaching youth and adults exercise, stretching techniques, health and self-defense in the Atlanta area. Managed data base migration for school owner to a single platform merging billing, customer financials, and school owner student records into a web-based user interface.
Sr. IT Project Director
- My role at Spherion included managing multiple IT projects concurrently, leading on site and remote software development teams, implementing enterprise level applications, data warehousing, report development, client relationship management, direct report and matrix organization resource management, and utilization of PM methodology. I led and supported program development for creating more efficient applicant tracking VMS systems for off-shore and local clients utilizing vendor support located internationally and on-site.
- Data modeling and creating a source to target assessment based on data, available tables, fields and calculations.
- The product delivered consisted of software driven web applications back up by the Java Sun Server that delivered a means for the client to manage their candidate hiring process. Documentation, training implementation and reporting were also performed weekly.
Sr. Telecommunications Project Manager
- My role as the telecom PM was to manage a team of software developers and business analyst to create a web based software application Atoll that will facilitate the Capital Budget decision process for a major telecom client. Filled requirements for service level agreements, statement of work and stakeholder expectations.
- AT T Merger Network Integration
- My responsibilities included managing direct reports during the merger/integration as the GA Program management lead. Responsible for technical PM for integrating two wireless networks between Cingular Wireless and AT T. I managed RF Planning and Software Engineering projects to improve wireless service, led spectrum allocation and optimization for the planning of 3G GSM/UMTS 850/1900 MHz cell sites.
Requirement documents/traceability matrix Requisite Pro, Project deliverables and artifacts Prism PM tool, Clarity, Resource/Time Management CMPM, Change Request tool ATTCR1, Document repository Share Point and Share Drive, Project Charter, Plan, SOW MS Word, Project Timeline MS Project, Flow charts, web content management Joomla, Word Press, and Drupal , diagrams and presentations in MS Visio/Power Point, Data Query SQL, Java, HTML, PHP, Excel Macros/Adv Formulas and Functions, Data reporting/Dashboard Cognos Bus Intelligence, table mgmt Informatica / ETL, Relational Database Sybase and Oracle Business Intelligence.
- Qualities Business Leadership Skills Budget and Cost Control Project Management Office
- Strengths Articulate Communicator Finance/Capital Expenditure Technical Network Design Software Development Life Cycle Interpersonal skills Resource/Vendor Management