SENIOR SYSTEMS SOFTWARE PROFESSIONAL
- Strategic Planning Project Management Needs Analysis Requirements Gathering System Software Design Development System Administration User Training Team Building Development Production Support/Computer Operations
- Creative, energetic, and focused senior contributor with a progressive track record of significant achievement. Able to manage simultaneous, complex projects from conception through delivery to maximize operational efficiencies, meet compliance, reduce costs, and improve revenue and profit generating ability. Able to partner with senior management up to the executive level, and build and maintain relations across corporations and with vendors and suppliers. Acknowledged as a superior communicator and customer service provider.
- Specialized IT expertise includes JAD Joint Application Development , SDLC, and Legacy Modernization. Industry exposure includes Professional athletics, banking, healthcare, insurance, federal and state government, and law enforcement.
Software / OS / Languages: ADABAS/Natural AMDAHL 580 APS BUSINESS OBJECTS, BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE BMS/GT C CICS/MAPR CLIST Complete Data Modeling DITTO Endeavor Eztrieve File-Aid Focus FTP IBM Mainframe CICS, COBOL, COBOL II, DB2, IBM 3083 IBM 3090 IBM 4300 IDMS IMS JCL QMF TSO/ISPF VSAM Intertest Life Cycle Manager Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visual Studio, Windows SQL SQL Server QUIKJOB SmartTest TOTAL Viking Data Entry VISIO Visual Basic XDB Xpediter
APPLICATIONS ANALYST II Confidential
Under general supervision performs analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation of complex software application systems, being responsible for providing these services for multiple and varied software application systems.
- Communicates with users and business analysts and other project stakeholders to gather, analyze, understand and document business requirements and/or the problem domain for creating and modifying software application systems. Sometimes required to perform the Information Technology Business Analyst role when one is not available.
- Through the use of CICS, COBOL, DB2/DB2 Utilities, DITTO, Intertest and Xpediter developing logical code for efficient program execution in the design of various mainframe applications.
- Produces written technical documentation.
- Perform on-call duties in support of software application systems.
- Developed 75 of CICS/COBOL/DB2 programs for the Federal Unemployment Tax Act FUTA System.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the following applications - Unemployment Insurance Manpower Training Trade Adjustment Assistance Training Readjustment Allowance Federal Acquisition Regulation System FARS Timesheet Management and Fiscal Year End Processing SC Employee State Wages Federal Unemployment Tax Act FUTA .
APPLICATIONS ANALYST Confidential
Provide visionary, effective technical leadership serving on a team of Application Analysts within the South Carolina State Government.
- Manage and maintain a Payroll System for approximately 8,334 employees to include:
- Working with the Director of the Payroll Department in developing complex financial business rules into cost-effective technical solutions to enhance the Payroll System.
- Ensure that Fiscal Year End processing runs smoothly and effectively so that semi-monthly and annual salary totals will balance correctly and employee's salaries are updated properly based on employee benefits, deductions, pay increases, retirement, terminations, etc.
- Monitors Payroll System processes to ensure successful daily operation, providing immediate and effective technical instruction to Production Support whenever errors human or otherwise affect the daily operation of the Payroll System.
- Responsible for programming, troubleshooting and maintenance of all batch and online Payroll applications using ADABAS/Natural/COBOL/Quikjob/JCL. Performs development activities detailed design, code component test, and assembly test with minimal direction from the fellow analysts and/or development manager.
- Gathers all appropriate business information, analyzes environment, and documents requirements for all Payroll System processes.
- Developed various Window Application and Web Applications for the Payroll System using Visual Studio and C .
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Assist personnel of other departments as an Information Technology resource.
APPLICATIONS ANALYST Confidential
On a team of consultants participating in the conversion of several online insurance applications from the IBM Virtual Age Generator platform to the IBM COBOL/CICS platform for the North Carolina Farm Bureau.
- Work closely with key North Carolina Farm Bureau personnel to evaluate and analyze goals, determine deadlines and resource requirements develop timelines and budgets and ensure projects were completed on time and to highest levels of quality and completeness.
- Utilize expertise in both financial and insurance processes, procedures, and industry requirements to develop and lead software troubleshooting, maintenance, development and implementation for various online insurance applications home, auto, and life using DB2, SPUFI, CICS, COBOL II, JCL, TSO/ISPF, and SmartTest.
- Provide user documentation and training to appropriate personnel based on North Carolina Farm Bureau standards, concepts, practices and procedures.
Sr. Programmer Analyst Confidential
Assigned to a team of South Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance programmer analysts in the development and maintenance of a wide range of insurance applications for auto, home, and life as well as financial applications such as banking, loans, IRA, and credit cards.
- Through the use of COBOL and JCL developed an on-demand print application that provides an individual or business a listing of their insurance coverage.
- Assume responsibility for all phases of project development, working independently and interface effectively with all management levels and user areas.
- Demonstrate effective research, efficient problem solving and strong communication skills.
- Develop software for various SC Farm Bureau information systems primarily front end modules, but also back end reporting and technology via AFP Print, DB2, CICS, COBOL II, File-Aid, JCL, SPUFI, TSO/ISPF, and Xpediter .
- Provide on call support as required, monitoring systems and correct errors and inconsistencies.
Application Developer Confidential
- Full time employee with the largest healthcare provider in Columbia, South Carolina. Responsible for the
- technical development and maintenance for the CHAMPUS System Civilian Health and Medical
- Program of the Uniformed Services - a federally funded health program that provides beneficiaries with
- medical care supplemental to that available in military and Public Health Service PHS facilities.
- CHAMPUS has been recently revamped as a managed-care system and renamed TRICARE.
- Devise feasible, logical procedures to resolve business problems through the use of information technology resources.
- Prepare new programs and program modifications using supplied or developed functional program specifications for new and revised CHAMPUS System applications for claims, coverage and the determining whether a CHAMPUS beneficiary is both eligible for Medicaid. Responsible for designing and executing appropriate testing, debugging and support processes in accordance with Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina departmental policy via APS, CICS, COBOL, DB2, Endevor, Easytrieve Plus, IMS, JCL, SPUFI, TSO/ISPF and Xpediter .
- Investigate, debug, and resolve a wide variety of problems that occur with various CHAMPUS System applications.
- Assist in post-implementation support and system enhancements.
- Produce deliverables related to the assigned project in a timely manner.