Over 20 years in the Management Information Systems field working for small, medium and large companies. Expertise with IBM mainframe, midrange, and servers, personal computers, LAN/WAN and network hardware, and Windows/Office applications. Exceptional and experienced management, leadership, project, troubleshooting, knowledge transfer, training, documentation, pre and post-sales skills.
- Hardware: PC's Pentiums to Servers, IBM AS/400, IBM 30xx, Ethernet and token-ring
- cards, local and remote control units, impact, inkjet and laser printers, Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cisco wireless access points and Cisco Telepresence and Cisco and Avaya IP Telephony.
- Software: MVS, VM, TSO, JES2, CICS, VSAM, Windows NT, Server 2000 and 2003, Exchange 5.5 and 2003, Seagate Tape Backup, Cheyenne Tape Backup, Veritas Backup, Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP Pro and Windows 3.11, DOS, Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, Word Perfect, Project/ Enterprise Project Management, Quattro Pro, Visio, VMware, Symantec Anti-Virus, Websense, Cisco VPN, Track-IT, InfoPath, Daptiv, Genesis, SharePoint and Service-Now.
- Cabling: Category 5, Category 6e, Twisted pair, RS-232, Ethernet and fiber.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Fifteen plus years of experience as a successful Project Manager using predictable processes
- Successful at managing large, complex technology infrastructure projects related to data centers
- Experience with telecommunication implementations and mainframe projects
- Knowledge of various enterprise infrastructure platforms
- Skilled at working in a large, complex, multi-site technology environment
- Ability to see the interrelationship of projects across the big picture
- Extremely successful communicating across a variety of audiences, including business people and technologists both up and down an organization
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Demonstrates the ability to lead matrixed teams to deliver quantifiable results
- Strong problem solving, logical thought processes and analytic abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven listening, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Qualified at handling initiatives of high complexity and risk
- Planned, Designed, Coordinated and Relocated several corporate data centers
- Exposure and project management experience in relation to the following technologies:
- Data Networking
- Data Centers
Confidential Vice-President, Project Manager
- Submitting and reviewing projects on the weekly design and finance calls.
- Managing, supporting, multi-tasking 12 or more projects at any given time.
- Keeping the immediate project team advised as to changes to tasks, procedures, schedules and budgets.
- Reviewing Life Cycle Refresh schedules, cutovers, exceptions and restraints.
- Creating purchase orders, confirming proper sign-offs and then scheduling the work.
- Attending weekly vendor meetings to discuss staging and shipping events along with technologist s and cabling coverage.
- Scheduling, coordinating and attending User Acceptance Tests.
- Working closely and planning meetings with event engineers, lines of businesses - stakeholders, users, managers, contractors and vendors on daily and weekly basis.
- Recording and documenting minutes and distributing.
Senior Project Manager Project A BT of America for Procter Gamble
- Validated newly assigned O R objective and requirements and planned, scheduled, attended internal and external client requirement reviews.
- Participated in the Weekly Ordering and Delivery Project Manager Team Calls and attending the APAC, EMEA, LA and NA bi-weekly change record conference calls.
- Updated / Informed the project owner on a weekly to monthly basis along with the technical design, service request manager and service request coordinator.
- Reviewed and Reported any active risks and issues.
- Kept all files/folders up-to-date using S3 and SharePoint.
- Decommissioned and ordered routers, switches, WAPs and circuits.
- Scheduled and Coordinated pick-ups, deliveries and scrubbing and resetting of equipment.
Confidential Voice Project Manager
- Gathered data from various teams ECCS, Voice, Telepresence to establish parameters for analysis of bandwidth usage for almost 325 remote offices for JPMC, from small sites with 10-20 people up to larger sites with Gig and 10Gig links housing 1000 to 2000 people.
- Interfaced with overseas teams to insured analysis is conducted in timely fashion and tracked the results.
- Insured that the results of these analyses are distributed to stakeholders prior to permit to build for VoIP Phone rollouts to those sites.
- Faced off to Cisco Project Managers regarding both WAN readiness and LAN readiness for upcoming sites scheduled for VoIP Phone rollouts.
- Backed up the LAN Readiness team and helped to monitor equipment swaps, provide information on subnetting and addressing, and insuring quality control.
Cisco Telepresence Engineer CBTS Internal Cisco Telepresence Installation
- Installed and deinstalled Cisco Telepresence Systems with the CBTS Cisco Telepresence Lead Engineers.
- Trained clients on new and previously installed systems.
Project G GE Capital
- Managed 9 to 12 complex networking projects simultaneously for Sales and Retail Finances.
- Lead project conference calls with all types of team members - Project Owners, Project Initiators, Architects, Network Technicians, Circuit Vendors and other Project Managers.
- Recorded detailed meeting minutes and then shared with participants.
- Learned the GE Capital systems very quickly and established a great rapport with the team.
- Shared best practices with other project managers.
- Coordinated and submitted tickets for onsite/offsite technicians via Service-Now.
- Ordered, contracted and scheduled hardware and software installations.
- Presented projects during the Daily Change Control meetings which reviews all data, security and voice changes scheduled for implementation.
Delivery Project Manager
- Inventoried newly installed Wireless Access Points, Fiber Optic and CAT6 cabling and then documenting and reporting back to the Lead Delivery Project Manager what was observed.
- Scheduled and hosted kick-off calls with BT, P G Procter Gamble and supporting vendors.
- Created and maintained Project Plans via EPM Enterprise Project Management .
- Posted pertinent files to SharePoint.
- Worked closely with the BT Order Fulfillment Department - GCI with orders and tracking equipment.
- Continuously learned all of the BT Process and Procedures.
- Edited/Updated, Approved/Rejected items in S3.
- Reviewed and modified files in Genesis.
- Built great Business Rapport with BT personnel and their client, P G.
- Site Surveyor / Engineer Confidential Performed 9 Voice Site Surveys for 9 local P G locations.
- Visited each site with the P G Site Lead and or Onsite P G HP/Edgewood Electric/CBT Representative to document and photography MDF and IDF closets which included cabling, UPS/Power and patch panels.
- Held several presurvey meetings with the CBT Sale Rep for P G, CBT Lead 5E Tech, CBT 5E Team Manager, CBTS Avaya Tech Manager and Definity Engineers and Managers.
- Completed the Avaya 11 Tab Site Survey and posted each to Box.Net with photographs and site diagrams.
Project Manager Confidential
- Ordered and tracked data center equipment and parts and then worked with engineers to have it all installed, configured and placed into production.
- Created tickets and submitted work orders using HP Service Desk for the Virtual Data Center project.
- Gathered and organized engineering, networking and infrastructure documentations and uploaded them on the internal SharePoint.
- Planned, Designed, Coordinated and Relocated the GE Virtual Data Center from the test environment to the production environment.
- Disaster Recovery Specialist short term project Confidential Reviewed and revised the Disaster Recovery documentation for the seven 7 CBTS Facilities under the direction of the Principle Information Security Consultant.
- Documented and revised the CBTS Disaster Recovery Communication Plan.
- Modified the Disaster Recovery Team Roles Responsibilities and Summary documents.
- Fine Tuned the Facility Overview Preventive Controls document.
- Created Facility Overview and Preventative Controls Documents for the 7 CBTS data center.
- Developed 7 CBTS Data Center Project Plans.
- Proposal Manager Confidential Validated newly assigned GSR generic service request , O R objective and requirements or ROM rough order magnitude and planned, scheduled, attended internal and external client requirement reviews.
- Gathered, assembled, built the proposal with input from the Technical Designers, Engineers and Delivery Project Managers and then submitted to the MRB management review board for final signoff.
- Participated on regional and global Customer Feedback Sessions.
- Closed-out outstanding SVNs service verification notices for billing.
- Followed commercial process for Restates and / or PCRs project change request on proposals that need to be modified or updated.
- Coordinated and directed the daily Global MRB Conference Call and compiled and submitted meeting minutes to all levels of management.
Senior Project Manager Confidential
- Created and executed project plans and revises as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements.
- Managed day-to-day aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviewed deliverables prepared by the team.
- Effectively applied processes, procedures and enforced project standards.
- Minimized risks on a project.
- Tracked and reported team hours and expenses.
- Submitted BOM and BOM Gaps and conducted follow-ups.
- Worked and interacted with third party vendors on behalf of the client.
- Project Manager Confidential Planned, directed, and coordinated activities of designated network and / or telephony projects to ensure that goals or objectives of the projects were accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Reviewed project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases.
- Conferred with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Examined status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules as required.
Confidential Senior Technical Consultant
- Reviewed and documented on the data center process and procedures that were available, needed and why.
- Identified single points of failure, adequacy of redundancy and equipment spares.
- Interviewed and discussed file and tape storage devices and backup procedures.
- Diagramed the network at a high level to identify nodes and equipment.
- Examined software applications, operating systems, utilities, performance, development, security, and tracking tools that were in place and where they resided.