Summary of Technical Abilities
- Windows Server Administration Active Directory administration
- 12 yrs. Network Administrator Support Novell MS Windows Server
- Experience with corporate anti-virus, web filtering and anti spy-ware
- Protocols including: TCP/IP, FTP and SMTP
- 6 yrs customer service experience
- OS Deployment Migration
- Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003
- Microsoft Windows OS networked technology including Domains, Trusts, Active Directory, DHCP and DNS.
- Disaster Recovery with VERITAS.
- NDS NetWare Directory Services
- VPN configuration
- Ethernet, IPX, 802.X, and T1
- Experience with Microsoft and patch automation applications
RELATED COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Development of web site. Confidential Wireless Area Networks: IEEE 802.1X
Designed and built network totaling 250 workstations. Report included software and hardware recommendations, diagrams of layouts with interconnections, narrative explaining setup, and spreadsheet outlining cost factors of network design.
Confidential IT Security Analyst
- The Continuous Readiness in Information Security Protection program CRISP is VA's program to continuously address information security vulnerabilities that exist in that vast infrastructure. VA's goal is to reduce the number of vulnerabilities existent to a level that removes a long-standing Material Weakness MW in their annual Federal Information Systems Controls Audit Manual FISCAM audit caused by those security vulnerabilities. Attend the R03 Client services weekly call to receive up to date information on new VA baseline standards and security deployments. VA Top 50 vulnerabilities remediation: Microsoft security updates not remediated by SCCM/IEM deployment
- Any applicable third party application that does not meet VA baseline
- Tools used for validation include SCCM reporting, Summary Network Security Operations Center NSOC monthly top 50 pivot table, NESSAS and VA TOLZ remediation tool. Communicate with site staff to validate existing machines Printer Remediation from Network Security Operations Center NSOC full scans: Printer passwords setup, Firmware upgrades, SNMP configured with custom name not Public Application Standards remediation: Remediate last of select VA baseline applications to meet highest possible approved security compliance.
- Implement IT policies, procedures, and system controls.
- Identify any IT related deficiencies based on scan or other IT assessment test or techniques, as part of a gap analysis. Provide hardware and software support/troubleshooting.
- Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot software and computer peripherals, Set up and configure all hardware
- Ensure all tickets requiring follow-up work and/or calls are resolved.
- Provide technical support to end users view telephone.
Provide technical and security support services as necessary to address hands-on vulnerability remediation requirements.
Confidential Network Consultant
System Administration: Installations configurations OS Win 2003/08, creating accounts, performance tuning, auditing, documenting, and monitoring servers. Provide installation, maintenance, technical and customer support for desktop/workstations, LAN/WAN networked clients and servers, network connectivity, network cabling, and related software. Install, configured and provided troubleshooting for applications including: MS Win OS, MS Office suite, remote desktop support, Active Directory and GPO, backups, network printers, and network connectivity, configuration and maintenance of all network devices. IIS 6 Created/added web site/Configuration Support. Provide network technical support for Windows XP/Vista/7 and training users. Documenting system support and maintenance processes for reference.
Confidential Application Systems Analyst-Physician Specialty Systems
- Responsible for all Nimbus-Windows Servers alerts activities for production and non-production for the CHS enterprise environment. Servers Administration: performance and monitoring server's alerts support ongoing base. Diagnose and resolve complex configuration of Ambulatory Medical Records AMR , support and troubleshooting issues within Athena application.
- Administration, support, diagnose, resolve complex configuration and troubleshooting issues within Vista Keane application. Installed Allscripts hot fixes for production and non-production environments for the CHS enterprise environment.
- Working knowledge of MS SharePoint-stored documents shared on the virtual library Diagnose and resolve complex configuration, support and troubleshooting issues within Allscripts, and Allscripts, EPrescribe, Vista Keane applications.
Confidential Network Administrator
System Administration: Installations configurations MS Windows servers, performance and monitoring servers, remote administration servers and desktop clients. Support of operating system and software running on Microsoft Windows servers. Managing AVAYA VOIP communication system for entire university. Working knowledge of MS SharePoint-stored documents shared on the virtual library. Managing the upgrade of servers, software and maintaining backup and recovery procedures. Monitoring servers for hardware break-fix and coordinating problems with centralized help desk. Optimizing server and application performance and deployments supporting application servers. Server Backup tapes, network services such as DHCP, WINS, and DNS.
Confidential Network Support/Engineer
Installations, networking, integration of MS Windows network, provided solutions for problems with network printers/connectivity cabling/, rack network equipment, hardware and software problems. System Administration: Installations configurations MS Windows servers, performance and monitoring servers, remote administration servers and desktop clients. Support of operating system and software running on Microsoft Windows servers. Support server imaging technology and optimizing servers and application performance. Managing the upgrade of servers, software and maintaining backup and recovery procedures. Monitoring servers for hardware break-fix and coordinating problems with centralized help desk. Intel Windows 2003 server builds and deployments supporting application servers. Deployment implementation new desktops and provided network technical support 18000 users. Installed, configured and provided troubleshooting for applications including: Altiris, Ghost Imaging, Remedy ticket tracking, VPN, mainframes printers, IBM host/mainframe, MS Office Suite, SMS, AD, configuration and maintenance of all network devices.
Confidential MS Server Engineer
Built Gateway customized servers, installed RAID cards controllers, Fiber Channel Cards in Ethernet Network, Configured tested Win 2000/2003 OS, and performed troubleshooting on servers on WANs. Installed, configured and provided troubleshooting for applications, configuration and maintenance of all network devices. Analyzed system problems, selecting solutions and implementing corrective actions including maintaining system peripheral devices. Server Administration: Installations, networking, integration, application software installations and configurations, performance tuning, auditing, installing, and monitoring. Provided installation, maintenance, technical and customer support for desktop/workstations, LAN/WAN networked servers, rack network equipment, network connectivity, network cabling, and related software.
Confidential Network Engineer
Deployed 900 new desktops and laptops using Windows 2000 images as a team member of the Refresh project. Installed, configured and provided troubleshooting for applications including: Ghost Imaging, Auto Cad, Microsoft products: MS Office XP/2003, Exchange 5.5/2000 configuration and maintenance of all network devices. Documenting system support and maintenance processes and procedures. System Administration: Installations, networking, integration, application software installations and configurations, software licensing, performance tuning, auditing, tape backups and monitoring.
Confidential Technical Support /Resolution Specialist
Customer Delight Team Member in May and June 2001. Technical Support Representative for Microsoft Network MSN and Microsoft family products: Office 2000 XP OS: Win 95/98/2000 and XP. Provided installation, maintenance, technical and customer support for desktop/workstations, LAN/WAN networked servers and related software.
Confidential Novell Network Administrator
Backed up old PC user system, files, software and documents. Server Backup tapes, network services such as DHCP, WINS, and DNS. Improved systems uptime from 90 to 99.8 , installed and configured laptop and desktop workstations, hubs, routers, switches, Windows/Novell NetWare operating systems, and GroupWise. Installed accounting and financial software from the file server. Configured Client 32, Server backup, Network Administration of NetWare4.11 created tested users' accounts, login scripts, intruder detection password restrictions, assigning right to NDS and File System, the Inherited Rights Filter and calculating effective File System Rights.