- Sr. Project Manager/Sr. Business Analyst with 20 years providing Project Management and Business Analysis for Application Web and Desktop , Networks, Infrastructure, Telecommunications, Storage Area Networks, Security, Customer Relationship Management CRM , Enterprise Resource Planning ERP , Data Warehouse/Data Marts, and Disaster Recovery projects in the Financial, Insurance, Technology, Healthcare, and Education sectors.
- Manage the project from inception to closeout. Responsible for supervising the project team to ensure all elements of the SDLC are included and documented.
- Develop Business Process Modeling and develop detailed As- Is and To-Be states.
- Gather detailed Business Requirements and create the Business Requirements Document.
- Ensure that scope is defined and project plans implemented in accordance with the project methodology, through proposal scoping and through project start up, execution and completion. Responsible for entire project life cycle.
- Budget responsibility for small and large projects. Managed 50,000 dollar projects to as much as 75 million dollar projects.
- Select, on-board and orient the team that will be assigned to projects and clearly identify purpose and background for the project. Define and determine role of project management in each project, including specific roles and responsibilities for each project member.
- Expert user of MS Project and MS SharePoint to document the project deliverables and ensure on-time scheduled delivery.
- Provide hands-on project management and actively monitor project plans, deliverables, dependencies and outcomes for selected project s as approved by senior management and key stakeholders.
- Developed project charters, workflow diagrams, project plans, estimates, and detailed presentations to communicate project status to the project team and stakeholders.
- Document project status to management and the project team weekly in the form of stoplight reports, project team weekly summaries, and weekly actions/issues/risks remediation. Proactive approach in documenting all discussions and meetings with action designated staff identified with definitive due dates has ensured all of my projects have been successfully delivered.
- Possess expertise in web and desktop applications, infrastructure, development, telecommunications, data warehousing, and disaster recovery. Experience with Agile/Scrum, Method/1, Rational Unified Process, Six Sigma, and PMI Methodologies.
- Environments Windows, Linux, UNIX, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Project Server, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Software / Tools Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, Lotus Notes, AutoCAD, Siebel, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle ERP, Oracle Databases, Sybase, DB2, IBM 3270 / 5250, C / C , SQL, Java, Visual Basic, and .Net
- Hardware Avaya, Genesys, Geo Tel, Lucent, DMS, and Novell Telecommunications Switches
Sr. Project Manager/Sr. Business Analyst
- Sr. Project Manager for key application development projects. Recently moved all corporate data from MS Access 97 to MS SQL. Developed front end .Net applications to query database tables. Also, built all data objects and reporting components. Additionally, mapped old and new business processes and built stored procedures, authorizations, and authentications. Extensive and complex Database and Application implementation.
- Sr. Business Analyst. Gathered detailed business requirements and developed the Business Requirements Document. Also, developed the test plans and tested/validated results.
PMO Consultant/Sr. Business Analyst
- Project leader for automating the city's leave management system. Change from a paper system to an automated online system. Developed the requirements, all project plans, business processes, and all testing.
- Sr. Business Analyst for the Fire/CAD/RMS modernization effort. The project goal is to update the city's obsolete 911 system. Developed the requirements and business processes.
PMO Consultant/Sr. Business Analyst
- Project leader for the efforts to transition UNIACC University in Chile under the Apollo Group. This included migrating the current web and physical infrastructure as well.
- Analyze business requirements for various departments and act as the liaison in translating the requirements to IT partners. Develop detailed business requirements for Senior Management approval. Work closely with the programming staff on development and updates of system applications. Also, used primarily the agile methodology and some waterfall.
- Design test plans and executes user acceptance testing including issue resolution. Helped design user interfaces, telecommunications, infrastructure, backup/recovery, SAN and storage device needs, as well as build use cases for numerous web application projects.
- Assisted in the implementation of over 30 Oracle financial web application projects including encrypting all Apollo financial web applications.
- Managed the redesign of the Apollo Group website. Assisted in the design and development of the project as well as documenting the requirements and testing.
- Developed a new process that was adopted and praised by executive management that improved delivery by reducing the timeline by 30 percent and validates all project deliverables.
- Lead cross functional teams 10 - 30 staff in the UK and South America, as well as the US to ensure project success.
Technical Project Manager
- Manage web application and infrastructure projects to improve operational readiness and determine hardware and software requirements. Also, used the Agile and waterfall methodology.
- Managed projects to implement web application projects to improve transaction processing via the web.
- Managed an average of 100 projects to build out Server Infrastructure at all Wells Fargo Datacenters, as well as decommission hardware. Also, determine Firewall rules applicable to all projects. Ensure hardware gets racked, powered, networked, add Operating Systems, SAN storage, monitoring, remote access, backups, prepare documentation, and add/modify firewall rules. Also, maintain and track project schedules, provide status reporting, and escalate issues as needed to achieve project success. Additionally, responsible for escalation of all issues until systems are implemented, documented and turned over to Operations groups.
PMO Consultant/Sr. Business Analyst
- AAA Chase Visa Instant Credit Web Application: Managed project to launch an Instant Credit application at 1,000 branches throughout the US with accountability for scope, charter, business requirements, planning, and implementation. Solution exceeded revenue goal by 400 . Managed a 5 million dollar budget.
- Emergency Roadside Services Relocation Upgrade: Coordinated upgrade and relocation of all applications, telecommunications devices, and servers from California to local facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, and Utah.
- Elk Grove and Irvine Data Centers Relocation: Oversaw relocation of data centers to locations in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, and Utah. Ensured effective transition of applications, servers, and telephony / telecommunications project portions and handled server and switch decommissioning. Partnered with release management and change management to develop schedules.
- Delivered error-free and on-schedule projects using MS SharePoint and MS Project.
- Application Integration: Project Manager and technical lead for a critical project integrating all AMEX web applications.
- Systems / Data Security: Successfully led projects implementing robust security measures, including McAfee products.
- Maximo Proof of Concept: Managed project to evaluate technical feasibility of enterprise-wide implementation.
- Business Intelligence: Oversaw corporate-wide implementation of Service Oriented Architecture SOA .
- Managed projects encompassing applications, infrastructure, telecommunications, reporting, disaster recovery, and database development. the project teams I managed varied between 5 to 30 people.
- SoftSwitch Application: Served as a Project Manager with responsibility for maintaining and upgrading the SoftSwitch Application providing an enterprise telecommunication solution for all Customer Service Agents. This application is critical to all Charles Schwab locations nationwide. Assisted in the user interface design, code development, testing, change management efforts, release notes, schedules, to all Charles Schwab locations throughout the United States.
- Infrastructure / Telecommunications: Created hardware and software requirements and detailed project and technical plans for server migration and installation projects, as well as telecommunications projects nationwide.
- Moved the Lab and Telecom. Group from San Francisco to Phoenix. This including changing from serial to digital.
- Historical Reporting and Database Development: Handled all historical reporting, call table creation, and application development efforts across the telecommunications portfolio.