- Over 4 years experience working with Modernization Workbench a software tool used to analyze, document and convert COBOL applications to more modern languages
- 1 year experience working with CAST a software tool used to analyze and document various client/server applications
- 1 year experience supervising and software management
- Extensive knowledge of application design and software development process
- Active Secret Security Clearance
Software Engineer: Confidential
- IMDS CDB Programming and Analysis: Design, code and test changes to existing and new Unisys mainframe COBOL applications. This requires in-depth research and analysis of existing programs and databases to determine the best solutions to meet the requirements. Maintain software change documents which document the requirements, design, coding and testing for software modifications to both new and existing software.
- Web Service XML Programming and Analysis: Perform in depth analysis of USAF's IMDS CDB mainframe screens to determine rules for processing a transaction thru the screen, such as required and optional fields, and field constraints. Create input and response XML schemas based on screen transaction rules. Create XSLTs to transform data to and from the mainframe screen. This provides a new way for other applications to interface with IMDS CDB.
- Web Service XML Documentation: Write and maintain design documents, test descriptions, software change documents and the software's user manual.
Consultant for Northrop Grumman Information Technology NGIT Confidential
- Programming and Analysis: Performed in depth analysis of USPS applications, both IBM COBOL mainframe and client/server, to help with building of a new Enterprise Data Warehouse from existing legacy data. Extracted business rules from COBOL applications for use in building the application in a modern technology.
- Documentation: Provided reports and system documentation, for both mainframe and client/server applications, in various formats as required, including web-based documentation in HTML format that is published to a local server.
Consultant for Relativity Technologies: Confidential
- Consulting and Training: Worked with on site users of Modernization Workbench at USAF daily to assure proper product use and customer satisfaction in converting existing Unisys 1100/2200 mainframe COBOL systems into today's modern technologies.
- Programming and Analysis: Performed in depth analysis for the USAF of the existing Unisys mainframe COBOL IMDS CDB and SBSS systems using Modernization Workbench and it's associated utilities, including database analysis required to convert the DMS hierarchal database to Oracle relational . Extracted business rules from COBOL applications for use in building the application in a modern technology.
- Documentation: Provided reports and system documentation for mainframe applications in various formats as required, including web-based documentation in HTML format that is published to a local server.
Lead Programmer/Analyst: Confidential
- Programming and Analysis: Maintained the Core Automated Maintenance System CAMS consisting of over six hundred input screens and one million lines of code written in COBOL 74 on a UNISYS 1100/2200 and Clearpath system. Used DMS 1100 for access to a hierarchical database of four gangs comprised of 16 areas, 296 records, 60 sets, and 5095 data names. INFOConnect and Accessory Manager used for mainframe emulation. Worked with DPS, IPF, TIP, ECL and Formgen. Visual SlickEdit used on microcomputer level for code editing. Sole maintainer of the Automated Scheduling Module ASM consisting of over one hundred input screens and fifty thousand lines of code written in Microfocus COBOL 85 on a PC. Single handedly converted all ASM code be Y2K compliant.
- Management and Supervision: Managed workload for a 4-man team, set priorities and distributed work between resources to meet project objectives and schedules. Wrote performance reports, decoration, award and promotion packages. Conducted initial and continuity training ensuring experience is obtained and maintained. Tracked software development defects for my team of programmers, using the data to try and eliminate the same development errors in the future.
- Project Management: Performed detailed analysis of software deficiency reports Designed, tested and implemented program modifications from Software Requirement Specifications, producing a Software Design Document in the process. Major projects include Y2K compliance for over 1.5 million lines of code, and the Predator project that allowed for the unique maintenance tracking of the Predator UAV by CAMS users worldwide. Participated with other selected lead programmers in the creation of the organizational Software Development Plan, coding standards and data naming standards.
- Software Engineering: Applied procedures to facilitate the Software Engineering Process --the SSG tool for applying the Capability Maturity Model CMM ensuring quality software production while allowing for continuous process improvement.