- Self-starter with initiative, follow through, attention to detail, and ability to work independently in meeting various project and cost related deadlines and milestones.
- A successful hands-on leader experienced in project definition, proposal development, program management, on-site resource management, and client follow through.
- A proven, C-level communicator with a track record of multiple engagements and follow-on projects producing high return on technology investment leveraging teams of both in-house and contract resources.
- People, Program, and Project Management Research Analysis Skills Waterfall, Agile Scrum and Six Sigma Methodologies Problem Identification Resolution Process Change/Improvement Cross-Cultural Communications Change Management Business/Project Strategy Direction.
- Strategic thinker with ability to drive change Matrix organization experience Allocation of project resources adherence to budgetary constraints, managing the ordering and delivery of hardware, and onboarding new personnel.
Technical skills: Business Analysis, Service Oriented Architecture, ITIL, ITSM, Project Server 2007, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, Documentum, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Reporting, Lawson Enterprise, PeopleSoft CRM, PlanView, Open Workbench, Clarity Agile, Clarity PPM, HP PPM, HP ITSM, Primavera P6, Clarity Agile, Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Java, Oracle, IBM Cognos, Business Objects, WEBI, Xcelcius, Crystal Reports and Crystal Enterprise, SQL Server 2008/2005, IBM Mainframe Systems, SAP, AS400, COBOL, DB2, TCP/IP, ACD Systems, Active Directory Services.
IT Program Portfolio Governance Manager
- Responsible for managing and coordinating ALL phases and software development life cycle SDLC of multiple, diverse complex projects ensuring completion within budget and on schedule. Manages client relationships develop project scopes, determines implementation of programs or services identify, manage and mitigate risks conducts and manages quality control develops, manages and reports performance metrics Provide capacity performance data on distributed servers by creating standardized resource capacity planning dashboards, data alerts, trend charts, and forecast models for over 50 applications assigns, directs and manages work to Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority WMATA employees, contractors and cross-functional teams and provides professional technical and quality direction and guidance.
- Performs all project management processes for diverse complex IT programs i.e., initiating, planning, and executing, monitoring and closing process groups for 60 projects maintained in Clarity.
- Successfully lead the on-boarding of multiple autonomous business units onto single enterprise-standard CA Clarity implementation v13.3
- Developed customizations to seamlessly integrate CA Clarity into current business models
- Considered and suggested necessary opportunities to reduce manual report generation and distribution efforts e.g., setting up reports to run and distribute on an automated schedule
- Worked with project teams to fluidly modify existing business processes to fit enterprise standards
- Worked with all Employees to ensure everyone understood the readiness process and facilitated readiness sessions.
- Verified project artifact storage and evidence of approvals were uploaded to SharePoint for key personnel to review in real-time.
- Designed and performed migrations of data from legacy systems into Clarity PPM tool, and ensuring the MS Project Interface toolbar was properly integrated for CA usage.
- Defined and developed Clarity custom processes with action items, system actions, notifications and database manipulations using GEL scripting
- Designed, implemented, evaluated and audited project management processes and completed templates for the PMO. Compiled real-time metrics relating to IT project success, resource capacity analysis, project attributes, and individual productivity which adhered to defined processes.
- Created and managed the Clarity Project Plan WBS development effort . Reviewed and analyzed Clarity PPM reporting capabilities to determine functional fit and any gaps based on defined requirements. Identified and defined alternative reporting capabilities e.g., Business Objects, Crystal Reports, and Xcelcius required outside of Clarity capabilities. Prioritized projects and work based on resources, risks, issues, action items and organizational strategic plans Identifies and partners with both internal and external WMATA stakeholders
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with senior WMATA staff, to ensure compliance with PMO standards of best practices. Served as a resource to project managers and project leaders to educate and assist them with implementing project management processes and making improvement/changes.
- Developed Dashboard Requirements, and reports, for Senior Management. Created real-time portlets, as well as, real-time Xcelcius and parameter crystal reports prepared and executive performance metrics to Senior Management during Project Reviews.
- Openly communicated issues pertaining to delays with scheduled work, project completion or compliance resolution. Audit, Action Items, Issues and Risks, etc.
- Work with project team s to manage resources, update project schedules, ensure time lines are met and follow upon outstanding items. Action Items, Risks, Issues, Change Requests, Milestones, Tasks, etc.
- Worked proactively with Customers and Project Managers to reinforce strong adoption to program and processes, ensuring their MS Project plans included WBS, resource allocations and detailed tasks within their project plan, and that risks, change requests, and test results were placed in their documentation tabs to ensure there were no changes in the scope of the project.
- Leads, manages, and coordinates high politicized programs comprised of various professional and technical individuals in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, regulations and agreements.
- Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization in order to independently organize and carry out assignments with minimal direction with the ability to function autonomously as a leader of highly professional personnel.
Environment: Clarity Project Management, Client Relations, Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Word, Crystal Reports SDLC, Business Writing Basics for professionals, PMIS, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft SharePoint, Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills, Office Management, Clarity, Microsoft Project - Scheduling Program, Customer Relationship Management, Enterprise Resource Planning
Senior Project Manager
- Defined, organized and reported data gaps to management to identify the shortage of IT resources for project deliverables. Business Directors used these reports to make trade-off decisions and select deliverable priorities
- Tracked multiple project plans and progress of each plan for internal IT projects.
- Participate and lead project team meetings and discussion. Create/maintain project documentation.
- Identify and resolve project issues. Communicate effectively to senior leaders/team leaders and associates.
- Coordinate work between multiple areas and work on multiple tasks/ projects simultaneously.
- Manage updates and team documentation stored in Knowledge Link. Proven ability to operate across IT organizational levels and internal technical groups to ensure quality in the development, delivery and on-going support of collaborative change management processes.
- Coordinated with other teams to enable leveraging appropriate HP and vendor resources onsite and remote.
- Provided end-to-end project management throughout the lifecycle of a project by directing the efforts of project team s using dotted-line authority to deliver a completed EA product and/or service.
- Accountable for managing larger low complexity to high complexity projects, or projects within programs which spanned multiple functions in multiple concurrent projects.
- Responsible for: estimating, scheduling, coordinating, assigning resources, ensuring project funding, technical requests, architecture reviews, network deployment, infrastructure deployment, application/database knowledge, client management and assisting in recommending business solutions/alternatives for projects.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of re-hosting engagements, client re-architecture projects, new implementations, upgrades, internal and 3rd party project deliverables.
- Experience in enterprise architecture application deployments, upgrades, and migrations.
- Receive and process Change Requests for changes to the database using HP Service Manager.
- Processed large volume of third party contractor timesheets for monthly invoicing and resolved disputes process MSA invoicing via Clarity financials monthly to ensure timely processing against open projects. Streamlined company financial planning and analysis by segmenting all Capital One customers into business categories to drive analytics and reporting.
- Responsible for publishing monthly and quarterly key performance metrics of the Capital and Operating expenses, by program. Maintain schedule on industry standard reporting requirements and managed securing all data required to establish common definitions to support benchmarking metrics.
- Assisted in directing the closure of program and projects associated with Transition Services Agreements between HSBC, ING and Capital One enabling a successful separation between the three companies.
- Tracked progress of multiple projects and milestones on a day basis, fixed roadblocks, made sure project's commitments were met, and eliminated bottlenecks to keep project on track.
- Provided metrics to Upper Management on resource allocation, resource capacity vs. demand, budget, and schedule during project implementation phase, and created strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Managed the development and rollout of Clarity PPM and HP Service Manager Enterprise Project Management tools HPQC from Primavera Legacy System by importing Primavera P6 plans from within Clarity, updating them, and saving them back to Clarity.
- Developed business case for the value added or realized from Clarity by outlining specific performance measures, targets, and goals
- Worked as a liaison between the business and technical team to gather the business requirements and converting them to the technical solutions.
Environment: Microsoft Project, Project Management, Microsoft Office Excel, Query Writing BW , HP Load Runner, HP Quality Center, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, Word Processing, ClearCase, Clear Quest, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Clarity, HP Service Manager, Microsoft Office Word, Providing Customer Service, Oral communication, Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills, JAD, Microsoft Project - Scheduling Program, Forecasting, Enterprise Resource Planning, Clarity Project Management, Office Management, Access Central, Customer Relationship Management
Senior Business Project Coordinator
- Responsible for working closely with Program Manager to ensure reporting from project managers, business analysts, business stakeholders, and offshore associates contractors properly documented each phase of their projects, and accurately allocated resources within their WBS.
- Developed comprehensive weekly and monthly cross-team TOG functional status reports, project updates, staffing plans, actual vs. forecast, P L, time reporting and ongoing project cost analysis.
- Develops staffing resource forecasts, financial management support, and creates monthly variance reports and time management analysis via STAMP, IQNavigator, PlanView, Tracker, MS Project, MS SharePoint, and MS Excel and other project administrative duties for Senior Program Manager.
- Responsible for managing ordering and delivery of new hardware, software, and configuring laptops and desktops for augmented staff. Works with multiple internal and external teams to ensure associates have what they need prior to onboarding phase.
- Responsible for the monthly completion of variance analysis reports, supplying detailed explanations for use in determining planning needs or accruals as necessary to align actual with budgeted data elements of Operating Projects and expenses and Capital Projects and expenses. Identified the need for special ad-hoc queries or reports to assist in completing fluctuation deviations from standard or expected results.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates business systems and user needs and compiles those findings into system requirements. Conduct joint application design sessions for identifying and specifying logical system design requirements. Develop and interpret data flow diagrams, document business processes in data flow diagrams. Make recommendations on decisions related to screen flows, process flow and reporting needs.
- Direct or manages small as well as large process improvement projects across multiple functions within Technology, involving significant scope and complexity.
- Accountable for, validation and maintenance of formal monthly tracking of actual performance against targeted budget requirements.
- Perform a governing role for, ensuring that the proposal, execution, control, SOA, deployment, training and hand off, warranty support, and closure to meet schedules.
- Managed end-to-end project lifecycle. Accountable for meeting agreed-upon scope, cost, schedule and quality measures. Developed project plans and drives project milestones. Prepares documentation, status reports and budgets.
Environment: Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills, Office Management, Microsoft Office XP, Clarity, PlanView, Microsoft Project - Scheduling Program, Microsoft Project, Customer Relationship Management, STAMP, Enterprise Resource Planning, Microsoft Office Word
Technology Business Analyst
- Directs and monitors all activities for highly complex, high risk, strategic technology-based projects from initiation to delivery in response to the merger and acquisition of Wachovia on all projects cross platforms, applications, and/or business lines in a densely demographically challenged environment.
- Works with business partners to develop technology concepts, SOA, requirements, design alternatives, project schedules, resource capacity planning, and costs for new systems initiatives.
- Plans and directs highly complex program schedules and budget, monitoring project status in comparison to cost/time projections.
- Lead initiatives are highly matrix cross functional environment, with fast paced deadlines, constantly adapting to a changing atmosphere, medium to high risk in scope and complexity.
- Recognized for possessing strong relationship building and team collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders, projects teams, including senior management. Effectively communicates at all levels with clarity and precision.
- Successfully manage multiple priorities in results driven environment. Collaborated extensively with other dependent project teams to manage integrated schedules and ensure compliance methodology.
- Successfully works with project teams to recommend appropriate implementation strategy, methods plans for initiatives that typically impact multiple and/or complex systems to identify risks and probable solutions.
- Customize SharePoint site specific to project requirements complying with audit requirements
- Provides consistent and comprehensive status reports, project updates, and ongoing cost analyses, significant issue management/ resolution and communication, usually at the executive levels.
- Provides direction to all related technical project management staff while serving as the primary project leader.
- Shadows the Infrastructure Planner IP role to work on the Integration Infrastructure Delivery Initiatives, Infrastructure Refresh and Organic Growth Initiatives and Infrastructure Consolidation Implementations.
Environment: Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills, Office Management, Access, Microsoft Office XP, Clarity, PlanView, Microsoft Project - Scheduling Program, Microsoft Project, Customer Relationship Management, STAMP, Enterprise Resource Planning, Microsoft Office Word
PMO Program Manager
- Developed and implemented first IT Project Management Office for the City of Richmond Public Schools as a result of audit findings, to ensure projects were properly managed in accordance with PMI standards, in line with the City's School Board, Auditor and Mayor's Office.
- Integrated MS Project 2007 Server with MS Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Clarity PPM to ensure all business units had accessibility to their projects, dashboard and individual reports, and issues/risks/action logs in real-time .
- Headed deployment of new PMO, overseeing a project management team of 5 employees and teaming with various department leaders to identify, prioritize, and initiate projects and programs of up to 20M.
- Established PMO methodology and framework using PMBOK, ITIL, and Agile wrote PMO guidebook.
- Provided leadership and expertise establishing strategic direction for Program Execution support services. Built and led IT PMO managing a significant portfolio of projects. Led extensive IT service management initiatives providing strategic and tactical leadership as well as operational governance in supporting business objectives.
- Shaped PMO and Service Management strategy gaining senior leadership support to execute and deliver activities related to the delivery of information technology projects and services.
- Develop, coordinate, and led governance processes, policies, and practices that help set strategic vision aligned with business and ICTS direction to inspire and drive Program Execution services.
- Mentor and coach PMO and service management teams that led to higher levels of service maturity.
- Planned and implemented PMO and enterprise-wide project execution and delivery process for ICTS.
- Strategized, planned, and developed comprehensive enterprise service management strategy for ICTS.
- Boosted quality gate completion from 25 to 100 by introducing checkpoints to ensure alignment with quality, cost, and schedule goals defined project and portfolio metrics for performance tracking.
- Steered stakeholder interviews to determine needs and build consensus for quality/process improvements.
- Designed governance process for enterprise software evaluation, licensing, procurement, and implementation.
- Reduced software evaluation and procurement cycle from average of 150 days to