SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
An accomplished and dynamic IT Leader with an extensive track record of delivering strategic and innovative solutions that drive improved IT value across multiple industries. Solid management, decision making and communications skills that motivate individuals and enhance team cohesiveness resulting in improved organizational performance. Core areas of expertise include:
- Technical Support and Operations
- Strategic Technology Planning
- IT Governance, Risk, Compliance
- Voice/Data Communications
- Organizational and Staff Development
- Information Security
- Project Management
- Continuous Process Improvement
Director, IT Support and Operations
- Directed the Information Technology operations for a 1B, Florida based health maintenance organization. Managed the staff of four managers and 50 local and remote technical professions responsible for all technology and applications operations for the organization. Responsible for applications support claims/ERP, EDI, data warehouse , infrastructure management systems, DBA, network, telecom, operations, disaster recovery, outsourced datacenters , help desk and desk side support, and vendor management/procurement with a budget of 9 million.
- Performed role of acting CIO during six-month CIO search providing direction and mentoring to fellow directors, and participating with senior leadership as the head of IT.
- Architected several technology solutions such as centralization of Oracle databases onto an Exadata appliance and significant advances in server virtualization that generated noticeable performance improvements including a 75 reduction in batch processing times and negotiating a 50 reduction in planned Oracle spend.
- Reengineered the Service Desk and End User Support areas, including significant participation in the implementation of ServiceNow, greatly improving the response time and service level for the user community.
- Oversaw implementation of Microsoft's Office 365 and Azure cloud services leveraging its SharePoint and Project in O365 and an instance of Active Directory within Azure for Lync integration.
- Drove a 10 reduction to the overall IT budget and an additional 400K savings by implementing licensing and contract management standards and procedures.
- Implemented a video conferencing system to provide video collaboration across all AvMed facilities and mobile devices to help cut travel costs and improve the experience between teams that are not collocated.
Director, Operations, Security and Technology Confidential
- Managed the staff of three managers and 30 local and remote technical professions responsible for infrastructure, help desk and desk side support, operations, disaster recovery, information security and compliance areas with focus on improved service delivery and a superior customer experience with a budget of 7 million. Provided strategic oversight of AvMed's information security procedures and technology architecture, drove standards and practices throughout AvMed to ensure compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule and HITECH Act, as well as technology infrastructure and information security compliance with Model Audit Rule MAR and Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16 SSAE 16 .
- Reduced operating expenses across all managed areas by approximately 700K over 10 in fewer than twelve months.
- Key stakeholder in the development of a new IT strategy and restructuring, and participated in the development in the overall corporate strategy.
- Strengthened the security posture of the organization by deploying new CheckPoint firewalls with a stronger rule set, developing new procedures to close security and compliance gaps, and implementing a stringent process for workstation and server patching increasing the percentage of patched systems to 95 .
- Increased systems performance and reliability through the implementation of a new, higher performance, and geographically diverse EMC storage environment.
- Drove the transformation of the user experience providing greatly improved employee productivity by replacing dated hardware and software systems such as Novell GroupWise with Microsoft Exchange email, deploying improving communications across facilities with Microsoft Lync, and empowering employees through an automated/self service application deployment using Microsoft SCCM.
- Oversaw the implementation of a managed datacenter instance to support our implementation of PeopleSoft and Hyperion, and served as technical subject matter expert in the implementation of a managed Siebel instance at another facility.
Senior Manager, Enterprise Network Operations and IT Security
- Led the global Cisco and Avaya communications infrastructure for Ryder's 6B truck rental and logistics business. Managed enterprise voice/data network, IT security, IT compliance, and telecom life cycle teams with responsibility for 27 direct and ten indirect technical professionals and engineers in five countries, a 7 million budget, and over 30 million indirect telecom spend supporting over 1000 retail and warehouse locations.
- Implemented Ryder's first SIP based voice over IP VoIP phone system as the first step to an overall telephony transformation throughout the US locations. Expected 3.2 million annual cost reduction in communications cost while improving network connectivity.
- Drove over 5 million annual cost reduction by converting to less expensive yet more resilient technologies such as MPLS and DSL, and aggressive contract management.
- Created the organization's IT governance, risk, and compliance program with initial focus on achieving PCI compliance.
- Improved Ryder's overall information security posture by improving existing processes, implementing new firewall technology, and instilling a sense of urgency throughout the security team and senior IT management.
- Reduced severity 1 incidents by 40 and overall incidents by 15 by improving service delivery processes, support tools, and establishing standardized communications between teams.
Manager, End User Support, Confidential
- Managed the end user support staff in their support of over 12 million in Ryder IT assets consisting of over 12,000 workstations, 1,000 applications, and thousands of peripherals across 1,000 locations in US and Canada. Responsible for 17 technical local and remote professionals and engineers in six locations, a 1 million budget, and over 10 million indirect IT spend.
- Cut Ryder's support costs by 50 by implementing LANDesk for workstation management, remote support, patch management, and automated software delivery.
- Participated in the technology discovery and implementation phases for all of Ryder's acquisitions and developed processes to Ryderize acquired locations within 24 hours after completion of an acquisition to enable the business to immediately begin to recognize revenue benefit.
- Systems: Microsoft Windows/AD, Red Hat Linux, HP UX, Citrix, VMWare ESX
- Languages: ASP, .Net, PL SQL, HTML, C/C /C , Java, Cobol
- Databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL
- Software: Amisys, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Siebel, OpenText, Oracle Business Intelligence, BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, Microsoft Office, Visio, Project
- Infrastructure: Cisco UCS, Catalyst, and Nexus , Oracle Exadata, Office365, EMC VNX, Avaya voice and Video , Microsoft Exchange, Lync, SCCM , Nagios, LANDesk, Siemens OpenScape
- Security: CheckPoint firewalls and end point , Juniper, SailPoint, ProofPoint, Dell Secureworks, MobileIron, BlueCoat
Speak and write fluent English and Spanish
- PCI Compliance: How to make it work INFOSEC 2010, April 20, 2010
- Ryder Truck Rental PCI Compliance Project. Interview by searchsecurity.com, http://tinyurl.com/6tk3ktp, INFOSEC 2010, April 20, 2010,
- McAfee and Ryder Truck Rental: Managing Risk while Enabling Compliance with Regulatory Mandates, McAfee Focus 2009, October 9, 2009
- The Extended Enterprise: Securing the Infrastructure, A Ryder Case Study, Gartner IT Security Summit 2008 with Verizon Business , June 8, 2008
- Multiple Locations, Centralized Control, a Ryder Case Study, Gartner IT Expo 2007 for LANDesk October 9, 2007