Business Systems Consultant Part-Time
Technical IT Consultant/System Analyst/Security Analyst/Project Analyst/Project Coordinator/Release Management
- Established a project business partnering consultation services gear towards small business companies to assist them with developing their business, providing strategic initiatives, project management leadership using various Dynamic Systems Development Method, Structure Development Life Cycle Methods, functional requirements documentation, statement of work documentation, project plan, project coordination, business continuity management planning, creating or updating their business plan, business agreements, business contracts, marketing strategies, establishing CRM, sales policies, sales procedures, sales training, code of ethics and other related business documentations. Participation in the functional designs and system analysis involving automated and non-automated solutions from cost based analysis utilizing MS office project open source project solutions.
- Major achievement as a IT consultant were the focus is on business IT standardization through project management, functional design requirements documentation, statement of work documentation, change management, problem management, root cause analysis, providing IT services with emphasis on business impact analysis, application software database designing upgrading, document management, web content management, security analysis, security assessment, risk management analysis security information and event management SIEM implementation deployment, technical documentation, providing clients with COTS Open Source software consultation, end-user computing, implementing hardware software installation release management procedures and IT Training for small business and mid-size businesses as well.
- Providing a IT service oriented around giving business advise counseling business clients with services in implementing, defining and streamlining their IT platform architecture by contributing expertise in project management, business data analyst, software development, quality assurance, IT infrastructure diagrams, gathering requirements, developing operations standards, hardware software implementation technical documentation, security assessment, risk management analysis security information and event management SIEM , patch management, system upgrade management, Windows/Linux desktop migrations, re-imaging using Norton ghost or other open source image solutions, change management, installation of hardware and software, root cause analysis, LAN/WAN administration configuration, Web server administration, DBA administration, Oracle/MySQL/MSSQL/MS Access, database development, shell scripting development, excel macro development, developing implementing various security policies, OS security hardening, Windows/Linux/UNIX scripting and technical support of Windows, Linux, CentOS, Fedora, Linux Mint, OpenSUSE, Red Hat, Ubuntu, UNIX, HP-UX and other Linux distribution based systems.
- Prior experience as a project analyst mainframe consultant providing In House Vendor Package System Development Life Cycle on various banking, health care, financial and manufacturing applications expertise utilizing system analysis, system design, system conversion, structure coding development, unit testing, user acceptance testing, system testing, technical support, production support, implementation post implementation support. Encompassing tools such as COBOL, PL/1, CICS, CEDF/CECI/CEMT, DB2/SQL, IDCAMS/VSAM, OS/Utilities, OS/JCL CLIST/REXX.
Project Analyst/Project Coordinator/Project Leader Prior Experience
- Managed Compact Data System European conversion team as a project leader, whom major responsibilities were converting data centers applications from DOS to OS. Functions included project management, daily project status reports, facilitating project and team meetings, program conversion analysis, program testing, system testing, parallel testing support, technical support, implementation and post-implementation.
- Coordinated a system development life cycle team effort on a major non-vendor development project of the electronic funds transfer system for Security Pacific National Bank. Tasks included requirements gathering and analysis of all banking applications, facilitate meetings with other banking application stakeholders, department managers, project managers and other banking technical resources, the creation of logical data flow diagrams, system flow charts, application flow chart and operation flow chart documentation, interfaced with other banking systems regarding data requirements, creating test scripts and validating test results for unit system testing. Provided technical guidance and reviewed test scripts and results with project managers and test users, implemented procedures for integration and user acceptance testing, creating, evaluating and finalizing the implementation of users and operation documentation.
- Applied advanced technical knowledge to operate one or more technology areas e.g. server administration, technical security management, release management, performance management or customer groups that are considered critical and high-risk. Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding using Sharepoint to create superior solutions for software defects, Issues, risks, software change requests, new development requests, deployment and packaging new development tasks for HP and its customers base. Maintained and develop relationship with clients, users and other I.T. employees, company-wide. Acted as a liaison between the other base departments user client stakeholders.
- My functional accomplishment consisted of the following Incident Management, Escalation Management, Problem Management, Change Management/Implementation, Patch and Security Management, Security Information and Event Management SIEM implementation deployment, Configuration Management, Release Management, Solution Design, Quality Assurance, Project Management, Root Cause Analysis, Customer Relationship Management, Service Level Agreement SLA and Teamwork. Participated in daily meeting consisting of project status, infrastructure, change management using Sharepoint with project managers project management office managers.
- Performed various functional diversified roles QA Tester, Portal Adm. Weblogic System Adm. Network Operation Adm. in a cutting edge web portal project executing various operational administrated tasks such as Installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting, managing, coordinating supporting various Oracle middleware applications on a large-scale enterprise window platform maintaining QA Production environments for the HP Web Portal Project.
- Coordinated and conducted the overall management of the Weblogic servers in a QA/Production environment. Functional tasks consisted of monitoring, updating, maintaining installation of Weblogic for various Oracle applications, creating configuring Weblogic node domains, shutdown startup of domain clusters servers, J2EE application deployment and administration including JAR, WAR, and EAR files, Configure and administered of JDBC, JMS in Weblogic Server 10.3. Deployed the applications on multiple Weblogic Server and maintained Load balancing, high Availability and Fail over functionality, used Config. wizard, WLST scripts tool Ant script to create and manage Weblogic domains and Node Manager service. Deployed WARs, EARs using Weblogic Admin Console as well as running scripts using the administration console.
- Worked in a coordinated role effort with the Oracle Identity Management team in the implementation, configuration, integration and deployment of Oracle/Sun/WebLogic technologies, which focused on the 10g IdM/IDAM platform, along with Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle Access Manager and Oracle Virtual Directory for the QA and High-Availability production environment.
- Assisted the IDam Identity Access Mgmt. team in coordinating and conducting the installations, configurations, migrations, patching, monitoring, troubleshooting and validation of OAM Oracle Access Manager AccessGate and Access Server. The validation finalization process of all installations, patching, upgrades, configurations were completed, including configuration modification to IIS/ASP .NET web services.
- Performed various functional diversified roles QA Tester, Portal Adm. Weblogic System Adm. Network Operation Adm. in a cutting edge web portal project executing various operational administrated tasks such as Installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting, managing supporting various Oracle middleware applications on a large-scale enterprise window platform maintaining QA Production environments for the HP Web Portal Project.
- Coordinated managed all quality assurance of the QA Production environment Web Center Interaction WCI portal by conducting functional validation for platform infrastructure operations, Oracle portal system maintenance Web Center Suite products installation using Sharepoint to report identify all root cause analysis issues.
- Planned, coordinated conducted all functional validations of the use test cases to ensure portal stability after OS updates Oracle updates for both environments. Provided metric results of these test case using a excel worksheet to indicate which user test cases pass or fail to Project Management team Project Management Office.
- Maintained the Production/QA functional validation document and kept them updated to reflect all changes updates that added more functionally through enhanced product implementation.
- Developed Operations Standard Procedure documents for QA Production to assist in providing technical standard procedures for supporting both environments.
- Evaluated, coordinated the migration of portal packages from QA to the Production environment, developing DOS scripts to automate application system processes, scheduling of batch jobs using Window Task Scheduler, also maintained windows batch scripts for automating the shutdown/startup of the Web Center various services as related to the web portal for services outages.
System Analyst/Project Coordinator
- Participated in a major ERP development project covering all aspects of System Life Cycle Methodology development for the City of Raleigh as a technical project lead utilizing Agile principals, PeopleSoft 9.0 Finance, HCM, ELM, EPM Portal , People code 8.49, Application Engine, Component Interface, Data Mover, Stat 5.4, Oracle BI Publisher, SQR, Oracle BPA, Oracle BPEL, JAVA, Groovy, Eclipse, Jdeveloper, Sqldeveloper and HP Quality Center as the PeopleSoft Portal Administrator, PeopleSoft Developer and System Analyst.
- As member of the ERP project team performed all aspect of system life cycle development of the ERP PeopleSoft applications portal development by doing design and analysis of the PeopleSoft portal by gathering portal business requirements from Stakeholders, IT staff and user community, assisted with ERP vendor with creation and finalization of the ERP portal project plan using the concepts of Scrum. Instrumental in maintaining and developing relationship with clients, users and other I.T. employees, company-wide. Relished in the role of acting as the liaison between the I.T. department and users clients community.
- Succeeded as a project team effort in coordinating and conducting the analysis of defining the standards for Node definition and Single Sign On SSO configurations for other PeopleSoft applications and the creation IT standard and procedural documentations for team members.
- Instrumental in taking the lead project role with gathering portal security requirements to design the proper portal security configuration, setup the Portal Registry, implemented Portal Navigation by creating Navigation Collections and Menu configuration. Coordinated gathering security design requirements for implementing the permission list, roles and user profiles for the Content Management configuration component and the proper work-flow process associated with News Publications configuration component.
- Worked closely with the PeopleSoft Security Administrator on a security project to organize, design and implement enterprise security by creating profiles, roles, permission list, configuring distributed role, assigning roles dynamically, using PeopleTools to managed security, encrypting data, securing processes, setting process profile permission and testing it by demonstrating query permissions, creating query profiles, creating access groups accounts, authorizing access groups accounts, configuring query security creating child sibling groups, granting access group permission, maintaining portal registry security, administering configuring sign on security and configuring application for directory authentication for all PeopleSoft portal users in the test production environment.
- Developed implemented the project portal test plan to assist the QA PeopleSoft Team in stress testing the overall test portal and test environment portal servers load capacity based on the initial requirement. The summarized result of this stress test uncovered a major weakness and a root cause analysis in the initial hardware requirements was conveyed to the project management team with the decision to upgrade the hardware requirements.
- Planned, coordinated validated the project portal migration plan by carrying out the specific tasks of moving the test portal environment to sandbox environment using Data Mover import utility export scripts. Evaluated and summarized these procedures and delivered recommendations based on lesson learned to devise better work around solutions.
- Participated in a coordinated effort as part of the ERP PeopleSoft Project to attend collaboration design meetings with the COR Web Portal Project Team to design, construction, test and implementation internal web site using HTML, CSS Frontpage for the City of Raleigh ERP project.
- Assisted the Planning Strategy and Operation Help Desk team with the coordination and implementation of Footprints 9 to replace their legacy help desk ticketing system as a team member of Planning Strategy. My role was to create an implementation plan and to certify the post-implementation of the installation and to resolve any issues for technical non-technical users.
- Developed supported Microsoft Web Portal technologies implementation plan to help the Web DBA Services team in streamlining their task in executing their part in migrating of the web portal hardware and software from a ISP outsourcing company to the City of Raleigh IT infrastructure.
- Oversaw a prototype SOA project as part of the ERP team to provide a proof of concept solution that would utilize a SOA solution with integration into PeopleSoft.
Project Analyst/Project Coordinator/System Analyst/Release Management
- Earned the appointed as the lead technical liaison, facilitator, gatekeeper, architect, server administrator, application support engineer, project coordinator and point of contact for the Environmental Division to address all related project management, change management, release management, technical issues, technical problems, LAN/WAN network issues, software installation, servers' upgrades, security issues surrounding security information and event management for servers, desktop's, laptop's and database security patches using the department Sharepoint portal.
- Assigned a new role as the lead project analyst my main accomplishments and focus were to attend project team, release management security officer meetings, provided operational procedure gap analysis security information management recommendations, assisted management with COTS Open Source software alternatives for prototyping implementation, offered many strategic best practice solutions root cause analysis to circumvent mitigate issues that impacted the day to day IT operations of the Environmental Division and other MCLB Barstow department's technical deficiencies using the department Sharepoint portal and provided meeting minute reports to the Divisional Manager.
- A well deserved appointment by the Deputy Manager Head as the project lead to review and resolved all technical operating problems and security gap deficiencies as related to the overall Environmental Division DOD technical operating policies. Instrumental in providing Business Continuity Management planning, Plan of Action and Milestones POAM as part of the security engineering requirement, composing and implementing a Business Impact Analysis solution resulting in developing a Disaster Recovery plans as required by DOD policy for the Environmental Division.
- Acted in leading projects with the objective of instituting best practice solutions and proposed cost effective ways to improve the overall operating effectiveness of the Hazardous Waste Management policy coordinated with Environmental Division Environmental Specialists to help summarized and measure impact of proposed workload changes for the Barstow Marine Corps and other DOD systems as related to MCLB Barstow environmental projects.
- Oversaw as the project lead with the planning, coordinating, scheduling and implementing a infrastructure move of the HMMS server and application from the Yermo base datacenter to the Nebo base datacenter. This infrastructure change required an electrical crew to install an additional electrical outlet, HP server technical resources to assist in the relocation of the HP server and a system administrator to handle the network connections to the LAN network switch, server administration of the HP-UX and validation of all applications residing on the server were working properly.
- Served as the vital lead project coordinator infrastructure assistant to the HMMS vendor technical resource with setting up a Windows Dell blade rack web database server using raid storage as part of upgrade migration from Oracle 8i to Oracle 10g and from HMMS 3.2 client to HMMS 4.0 web based application. Coordinated with Marine Corp. security to provide proper paperwork to registered, installed configured LAN IP addresses using x.509 SSL certificates for Apache web server in the for the web application.
- Responsible as the project analyst in maintaining and developing relationship with clients, users and other I.T. civilians employees base-wide. Represented the Environmental Division in the role capacity of acting as the liaison between the base I.T. dept. and civilians non-civilian users clients.
- Performed various coordinated project tasks as related to table space management, security management, scheme management and database backup and recovery using oracle enterprise manager or RMAN to insure that the HMMS application met with DOD policy and the Environmental Division policy regarding to critical application recovery.
- Spearheaded implementing coding standards for developing SQL code and work closely with the Environmental hazardous waste user community to analyze SQL code and ensure compliance with SQL standards.
- Designed, developed and implemented a PC Inventory Database Reporting project to track all IT related equipment to help automate the process of the yearly PC equipment audit using Visual Studio Access 2000, ADO Objects VBA scripts. Migrated the Access database to a MS SQL database server using SQL admin scripts to execute the MS SQLCMD to create the database, scheme, tables forms.
Information Security Security Analyst
- Project coordination applied DOD/IAVA Dept. of Defense/Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert , DISA STIG, JTF GNO DOD release management operating system security patches to HMMS software updates for oracle database application server, HP-UX Windows 2000/2003 server system per DOD security policy.
- Assigned by Department Head as the lead PKI security backup acting in the capacity of a local registration authority and supported all MCLB Environmental Division users with public key infrastructure security as part of the USMC DOD security policy.
- Implemented security project network security measures from a gatekeeper prospective in order to protect critical data, software and hardware as part of the DOD security policy this entailed securing x.509 certificates from for all servers and configuring SSL/SSH and other network application security measures.
- Worked closely as a lead team member architecture technical liaison with the local MCLB Barstow Information Security Officers to ensure that all Environmental Division systems met the security compliance required by DOD security, security information and event management SIEM implementation deployment and audit policies.
- Participated as the lead security analyst in conducting security compliance auditing of user account security, system access and database activity implemented column-level and row-level security for Environmental Division HMMS Application as part of DOD security policy as a coordinated effort with the base Information Security Officer.
Security Patch Management
- Participated in a major project research to identified Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE for operating system platforms. Determined when identified CVE's were to be applied to client network environments.
- As a project lead in conducting essential analysis of vulnerability management principles, proper patch management and deployment. Supported the environmental organization by contributing in the areas of maintenance window servers planning, adherence to patching schedules and troubleshooting of patching related issues.
- Coordinated security projects in researching all pending vulnerabilities, planning, maintenance of the patch management environment as well as the overall patch management process and supporting documentation. Operated within the defined operating model and processes to provide ongoing Patch Management support for Operating Systems across multiple environments and locations.
Helpdesk/Technical Support/ Training
- Provided lead help desk, end-user computing administration, technical support responsibilities and technical training for the MCLB Environmental Division, Client services support included the following hardware and software evaluation, hardware and software installation, troubleshooting solutions, hardware and software upgrades, software programming, software training, configuration management, registry management, device driver management, file downloading problems, configuration network components, email problems and internet browser problems. Provide one on one computer training as well for all divisional windows users on all Microsoft office products and other environmental software products, also act as the technical liaison to coordinate IT task with IT outsource vendor and updated maintained the HMMS internal web site using HTML, CSS MS Frontpage.
- Conducted all project related hardware/software installations evaluations, provided server troubleshooting solutions and upgrades for MCLB Environmental Division. Performed all technical support tasks and acted as the technical liaison and security officer to EDS/NMCI for the Windows 2000 to Windows XP migration of all hardware software for MCLB Environmental Division.
As part of the many responsibilities, provided technical lead project support in the development and operations of the Environmental GIS system. Utilized ESRI ArcGIS 8 tools to created and updated environmental maps related to MCLB Barstow environmental issues and concerns for all Environmental Division GIS projects. Maintained system integrity and modify environmental data i.e., both database and graphics of the GIS system operations using ArcGIS 8/Arc Info 8.2 ArcGIS 9/ArcView 9.1 Oracle 8i/MS Access geodatabase.