Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of experience in business analysis, systems implementation, quality analyst and internal audit. Proven ability to translate business needs into technology requirements that support the company's business objectives and to successfully manage all phases of IT projects and audits from needs analysis and requirements definition to vendor selection, implementation, testing and training.
- Software: WinRunner 7.6, Test Director, HP Quality Center 10.0,Visio diagramming, UML,
- Aries, Microsoft OfficeSuite, SAP R/3, Erwin, SQL Plus TOAD, EDI, Oracle Web tools,
- Oracle Forms and Discoverer 10g 9.0.4 , Brio,Crystal Reports, ColdFusion MX 7,
- MS Visio, MS Project, Dream weaver 7, Visual Studio 2012, Visual Web Development and IS auditing.
- Databases: Oracle 9i, Access 2010, SQL Server 2012, 2008 and 2005, IBM UDB, and Fox Pro.
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows 98, Unix, and Linux.
- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Applications Developer/Business Analyst
- Supported all Microsoft Access databases.
- Upgraded all of the existing Access applications from 2003 to Access 2007. This meant converting existing vba code, forms and data.
- Gathered requirements and made the development changes using VBA Visual Basic for Applications to existing Access databases.
- Modified VBA code in Excel such as methods used in calculating Month End processing for the finance group.
- Developed various Access databases that utilized SQL Server 2012 backend to process and display data.
- Created work and process flows using MS Visio 2007 and 2010.
- Held meetings with key business partners to discuss requirements for both Access and SSIS packages.
- Wrote functional and business requirements for all Access databases by collecting data from various sources.
- Created SSRS reports out of the LN BAAN database systems for various departments.
- Configured the SSRS report server that allowed different departments to view their specific reports without being able to view any other non- departmental reports. Allowed the users to extract the reports into CSV, Excel and etc to create pivot charts and advanced formulas.
- Created a SQL Server Integration Service SSIS package that emailed the various departments when there are open sales orders that need to be processed.
- Wrote several SSIS packages to generate excel and text reports for users on a daily basis using SQL Server Agent and SQL Server 2012.
- Drafted reports using SSRS to display various reports.
- Held meeting with business leaders to discuss changes and additions to all applications.
- Gathered data and verified the correctness in order to be loaded into EnSite website system.
- Modified Ensite's website using VB.net and C .net.
- Created SQL server 2008 stored procedures to insert, update and delete data from the EnSite system.
- Often wrote SQL queries to extract data from a C EnSite website to verify the data.
- Held meetings with Verizon employees to discuss changes and recommendations to the EnSite System.
- Drafted SSRS SQL Server Reporting Services reports that showed Verizon a detailed list of cellular towers that had missing and/or incorrect information such as usage amounts, incorrect time zones, and etc.
- Provided feedback to ERM's Partners concerning upcoming new technologies that will benefit the company.
Senior Access Developer
- Performed migration from various Litton loan 2003 access databases to 2010 access databases. This involved modifying existing macros and vba code into Microsoft access 2010 standards.
- Created MS access database to analyze asset liquidations. The database utilized Oracle stored procedure and views.
- Gathered business requirements by conducting meetings with senior level business users and interacting with end users.
- Wrote business technical documents outlying the problem and solution.
- Created databases to support Cash management department.
- Supported modification databases by modifying data, creating reports and writing queries to provide for end users.
Independent Contractor - Business Systems Analyst
- Performed user acceptance testing on the Essential ESS Suite project.
- Analyzed data for Green House gases in Microsoft Access that was loaded into Essential.
- Managed releases, created project plans for the team and assisted management with reports.
- Created an import template to import tasks into Essential 7.3 using an excel spreadsheet.
- Created work flow processes using Microsoft Office Visio 2007 professional.
- Documented existing stand-alone Access databases into Microsoft Office Visio 2007 professional.
- Took inventory of all of the Oil field equipment using Access and Excel.
- Created test cases and automation test cases for BI reporting project.
- Analyzed data using SQL Server 2008 queries, Access 2003 and stored procedures.
- Led the effort to bring the excel data into Access using VBA and pass-through queries.
- Performed detailed testing on BI reports that calculated the Service Level Agreements, and Financial Billing for Bank of America.
- Facilitated meetings with users and development teams.
- Assisted in defining Bank of America's business requirements.
- Assisted in identifying gaps in our Agile process and help correct them.
- Created test plans that outlined the purpose and types of testing that will be conducted for BI reports.
Contract Database developer
- Designed an Access 2007 database for Shell's Finance and HR division's to forecast budgets. This database took existing information and performed complex calculations to predict future bonuses for employees.
- Created and support excel stand-alone systems created in Excel VBA.
- Wrote technical and business documentation that end users could use to further enhance the system.
- Wrote business documentation to justify and explain the purpose of the system.
- Supported traders in all their applications such as hardware, and software applications Endur, Nucleus, and IO Import .
Independent Contractor - Access Developer and Business Analyst
- Gathered and analyzed data from Houston Independent School district before performing calculations and loading the data into Access.
- Created an Access 2007 database for Houston Independent School district that would allow them to trace and track different job descriptions and pay grades. This was done by created SQL pass-through queries and VBA to gather data and generate reports.
- Gathered functional requirements by holding, leading JAD sessions with the technical team and members of HISD and MJLM consultants.
- Designed an import function that allowed end user to upload excel 2007 files into Access 2007.
- Developed a mail merge process which allowed word documents to be created and separated for each record in the database.
- Created the functional specs and workflow diagrams for JAQ database.
- Used and created MS Project to determine deadlines, schedule projects, and project tracking.
Business Analyst and Access developer
- Performed gap analysis and recommended solutions.
- Held meetings with the CEO and CFO to discuss functionality including well calculations and other missing requirements.
- Created functional requirements and developed detailed documentation outline scope of project and requirements.
- Developed workflow diagrams to outline the user processes.
- Created functional specifications for the development of a Shorts and ABM splits Access databases.
- Created an Access database that allowed users to forecast future profit of investing in an oil well. Users were forecasting future profits manually.
- Designed table structures, queries, and used Access VBA for both the ABM and Shorts databases. Formatted each report in Excel using Excel VBA.
- Imported Shorts Data into Excel spreadsheets.
- Wrote pivot tables to allow the users to easily summarize and view the data.
- Created an Access database to gather data and create reports for SEC Reporting.
- Wrote test plans and test scripts for users to perform User Acceptance Testing.
- Wrote documentation and new processes for both databases. These new processes helped the department reduce processing time to over 70 .
- Performed application training to all the end users.
Senior Quality Analyst
- Created Projects plan identifying timelines and responsibilities among the team.
- Performed business analysis such as gathering requirements and conducting meeting on the Contract Management system.
- Conducted JAD session with developers to discuss functionality and design in the elaboration sessions.
- Developed various PRD requirements and use cases.
- Trained the whole department on Agile testing methodology.
- Served as a quality analyst for C dot net Portfolio Optimization system application.
- Served as lead quality analyst for C dot net ADA Performance Dashboard system. This project included using Crystal Reports and SQL server's SSIS and SSAS packages.
- Analyzed data feeds into the Contract Management system using Access 2007 database.
- Subject matter expert on Lean-Agile Quality Assurance.
- Performed analysis on the financial statements to determine if the data was being processed correctly.
- Served as a quality analyst for a Portfolio Optimization system. The project involved all of Cardinal's contracts and pricing information.
- Logged all bugs and issues in Team Foundation Server TFS .
- Acted as a liaison between upper management and end users to gather requirements and/or improve on systems.
- Wrote documentation for all the business processes and system requirements.
- Developed stand-alone Access database systems, which involved using VBA and existing excel files to import data.
- Created Coldfusion MX 7 and VB.net websites for a local processing company.
- Provided recommendations such as SQL Server and dot net technologies on improving existing systems.
- Performed on-going support of all finance division's accounting systems such as SBT A/R, Imaging A/P GFAMS and Microsoft Access systems.
- Performed quality assurance testing and developed business process designs to assist in the development of PARSIS.
- Performed frequent audits on financial statements from the accounting systems to ensure that the accounting systems were functioning properly.
- Worked closely with AirIT contractors, conducted JAD sessions to redefine business processes and the implementation of a SAP PARSIS accounting and financial system.
- Analyzed statistical data to seek alternative solutions to the business process and ultimately the statistical system.
- Trained users and wrote documentation on Parsis application and stand alone Access databases.
- Created an Access Labor Tracking system that measured the amount of hours and gave expected vs. actual time of completion.
- Served as the primary liaison between upper management and users that assessed all the options and the risks associated with the implementation of PARSIS.
- Coordinated and conducted training sessions that trained end users on PARSIS system.
- Served as an Oracle Discoverer administrator. Set up users, passwords and assigned rights to users.
- Gathered existing reports from users and converted excel reports into Oracle Discoverer 9i reports.
- Performed monthly Account Receivables closings and check for accuracy by generating reports out of SBT to verify that all of the accounts were billed accurately.
- Formulated documentation for all processes such as ticketing, landings, fuel fees, baggage, and gate usage.
Independent Contractor - Business Analyst/Information Technology Developer
- Led an effort using net present value to determine which projects to invest in that would better benefit the company. This effort led to saving over 1 million dollars.
- Interacted with Business, Pricing, Marketing, and Trading groups to gather requirements in order to better price energy deals in a timely manner.
- Worked closely with the project sponsor and business in narrowing down the software selection Oracle ERP and SAP R/3
- Gathered requirements for load forecasting and pricing in lodestar.
- Assisted in identifying key risks in pricing with lodestar.
- Built an Access and Oracle Pricing database that allowed the Pricing, Marketing and trading groups to capture new deals.
- Customized existing Access Reports for Tractebel Inc.'s energy and gas corporation to display volumes, margins, retail-adder and broker fee prices. These reports resulted in an increase in sales by 33 .
- Served as Business Analyst/Consultant with Tractebel's Siebel CRM application group to convert an existing Access Database into a CRM application.
Information Technology Professional Minute Maid
- Took SAP R/3 classes in Material Management and production planning modules.
- Wrote SOX test scripts to identify proper controls in Minute Maid's Oracle financial systems.
- Analyzed monthly financial statements for Minute Maid's accounting department. Efforts led to the recovery of over 1.1 million dollars.
- Created adhoc reports using Crystal Reports from Cost's database application.
- Wrote the Technical document for each process of the Application Integrator development life cycle.
- Led the testing group and created Test procedures and Scripts for the upgrade from Application Integrator 3.2 to Application Integrator 4.0.
- Supported all EDI applications, which included COBOL, Oracle 8i, PowerBuilder, Report Viewer, NT Batch jobs and Kornshell programs.
Project Manager/Business Analyst/Database Specialist Enron Energy Services
- Responsible for the installation, analysis, design, data modeling, and prototyping for an Oracle 8i Operational Data Warehouse ODS for Enron Energy Service.
- Served as Project Manager for 6 months and managed a team of 12.
- Wrote SQL procedures to extract billing and use Cognos Reporting tool to display information to clients.
- Technical Writer for Blizzard Oracle Application, which include Visio diagrams, physical and logical data maps, processes and current information.
- Gathered requirements for the interaction with various billing data for lodestar.
- Maintained an Oracle 8i database for Enron Energy Services that produced billing and invoicing information for customers. Drafted reports out of Blizzard Oracle 8i database using Brio 6.2.
- Maintained and Supported a SQL Server database.
- Attended training on Websphere web based programming classes using Java.
Database Specialist Waste Management Incorporated
- Lead Access database specialist, business analyst, VBA developer and auditor for a major waste disposal company.
- Gathered requirements, produced audit reports, facilitated the proper resolution of errors to management and created a final report to display to top management of findings.
- Audited and recovered over 12,000 dollars in duplication of bills.
- Special Achievement, Personal efforts led to the recovery of over 5 million dollars in misallocated funds.