James Crosswait is a Lead Mainframe Programmer/Analyst with extensive COBOL/CICS/JCL/VSAM DB2 Mainframe experience. He is comfortable with JCL, TSO, and EzyTrieve and has proficient experience with CA7 scheduling and File Aid. James has worked in a UNIX environment in the past and has solid experience with Endevor. He has good organization skills and is a team player.
JAVA Web Sphere Experience
- Project Lead accountable for estimation of total hours, developing scope of project, using MS Project for tracking and reporting and leading system design, programming specifications and normalization of data, creating task lists, creating test plans for unit regression testing and system integration testing
- Creating feasibility studies to demonstrate advantages of adding new functionality to systems
- Developing documentation and leading meetings with users, chairing JAD sessions
- Excellent COBOL/COBOL II skills, designing and programming many online CICS and batch DB2/AIX/UDB database programs to update/extract data from 835 and 837 HIPAA databases
- The extracted data was used to interface with other systems
- Excellent exposure to JAVA/J2EE technologies with ability to integrate them with Legacy systems
- Skilled in adding JAVA programs for front-end processing using COBOL stored procedures
- Supporting Insurance, Healthcare HIPAA and financial industry applications, including designing modifications for claims processing systems
- Expert-level skills developing many DB2 systems supporting batch processing and performing as acting DB2 DBA for many DB2 changes
- Worked using SQL2005 for clients for 4 years
- Building JAVA screens to interface with CICS systems
- Involved in the creation of EDI screens for the capture of data
- Used FTP to transfer files between mainframe and client server systems
- The new HIPPA requirement was to pay the claim only when all problems have been resolved
- A claim usually consists of many parts doctor, hospital, special treatment
- Modeling databases using Erwin, making changes to existing systems and developing new programs
- Excellent software tools experience, including MS Project, Visio and Microsoft Office software skills
Programming Languages: C , COBOL, COBOL II, COBOLII, BASIC, Assembler, FORTRAN, PL/1, RPGII, EASYTRIEVE PLUS, SAS EXP, JCL Job Control Language, ERWIN Modeling, Micro Focus, COBOL, Visual Basic, Visual Basic NET, ASPNET, HTML, JAVA, XML, Servlets, TOMCAT, JSP, UML
- MVS, VM, DOS/VS, MCP, NOS, SCOPE, AUTOFLOW, All utilities for S/34, PANVALET, IDCAMS, LIBRARIAN, ROSCOE, TSO/SPF, EASYTRIEVE-PLUS, CA-DRIVER, OWLE, DYNAM/D, DYNAM/T, CMS, ICCF, MSA, AMAPS, CULLINET, MCCORMICK DODGE, SAS Software, QUICKJOB, INTERTEST, Change Man, DEBUGGING/IMS Database, CA7 SCHEDULER, CONTROL-M, SCHEDULER, SMARTEST, DUN/ BRADSTREET Payroll Package, XPEDITIOR, DB2-XPERT, PLATIUM DB2 , DB2-UTILITIES, File-AID, VIA SOFT, TOTAL IMS DB/DC, DL1, DB2, IDSI, IDSII, TELON, IDMS, ADS/O, CICS, COMMAND and MACRO , Oracle, VSAM, ISAM, SUPRA, MANTIS
- MIDAS, SQL, MS Project, Visio, Compaq PC Pentium 500MHZ Station, MultiMate, WordPerfect, LOTUS 1-2-3, POWERMENU, Norton Utilities, XTREE, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Paradox, E-Mail, PowerPoint, SQL Server 70, SQL Server 2000, COM/DCOM, VISIO, FrontPage, Dreamweaver, ColdFusion
Operating Systems: MS Windows 31, 95, 98, 2000, NT, UNIX, DOS 50 60, DOSCACHE, DESKCONNECT
Hardware: OS390 MQ Series , IBM 434, 13081, 3033, 3090, 370/168,158,145
BURROUGHS 3500, CDC 6000, HONEYWELL, IBM S/32, IBM S/34, IBM 3/36, IBM - PS/2, PRIME 550, AS400 COBOL and RPG IV , ECLIPSE
Methodologies: Project Management
Mainframe Programmer/Database Developer/System Analyst
- Involved in the design and programming of IBM DATAPOWER package was monitors all traffic coming into WPS thru the internet helped design the operation of the package and the design of the DB2 tables to store the information plus wrote all of the report programs.
- Used MS Project and Visio for project management purposes.
- Fixed production batch and online CICS programs Using MQSERIES for importing and exporting data to the queues.
- Did Maintenance on AS400 systems using System Entry Utility SEU , Screen Design Aid SDA , Programmer Development Manager PDM and Data File Utility DFU Used programs RPG/400, COBOL/400 and SQL/400.
Technologies: OS390 MQ SERIES , VSAM, CICS, DB2, ISPF, ENTERPRISE COBOL, ACUCOBOLL COBOL ,DOLLAR UNIVERSE, AS400 UTILITIES, JAVA,MQ SERIES, CA7 SCHEDULER, FTP, CHANGEMAN, SDSF, DB2 Utilities, INTERTEST ONLINE and BATCH DEBUGGER , MS Access, Word, Excel, Project Management
Mainframe Architect P/A/PM
- Updating new versions of Westlaw System.
- Responsible for the Westlaw system which includes real time processing of transactions from users which access the Main Frame and E-commerce system There are 30,000 users of this system that stores all kinds of information regarding cases in the courts and related public information.
- The systems consist of Tier 1 Front end Presentation Layer written in ASPNET.
- Wrote ASPNET functions for Westlaw.
- Tier 2 The Business Logic Layer which uses JAVA J2EE, SPRING and AJAX.
- Tier 3 the Database layer which are Oracle and DB2 databases.
- Used MS Project for project management and tracking.
- Used SQL Server Query Analyzer to create Databases and SQL Server Enterprise Manager to design new tables for the database.
Mainframe P/A/Project Lead
P Consultant/Lead Mainframe P/A.
- Updating new versions of Student Loan System: Responsible for analysis and design of DB2 stored procedures for Student Loan System using Neon software package.
- Wrote and tested 10 programs using batch DB2/AIX using SQL and VSAM.
- Analyzed the CICS system and changed 12 programs for the Customer Service of Student Loan Processes.
- Used MS Project for project management and tracking.
Technologies: JAVA, MSSQL, COBOL, COBOLII, VSAM, DB2/AIX UDB, PLATIUM, SOFTECH, DB2/AIX UTILITIES TSO, CA7 SCHEDULER, FTP, DEBUGGER, FILE MANAGER, FAULT ANALZER, ISPF, OS390 ZOS Operating System
- Merging of CONRAIL with NORFOLK SOUTHERN Systems: Responsible for analysis and design to match Conrail parts with Norfolk parts so we can identify which are common to both systems and which have to be added to Norfolk system.
- Wrote and tested 10 programs using batch IDMS, DB2, VSAM and Dynamic SQL.
- Analyzed the CICS system which added new parts Used X peditor to go thru the code to find out the routines to add the new part numbers so could write new program to add unmatched Conrail parts inventory.
- Web enabled 10 CICS programs and added JAVA front end for uses to add part numbers.
- Perform analyses on Inventory system written in IDMS ADS/O to determine the extent of the programs that had to be changed for the merger and also the new processes that had to be added.
- Changed 15 RPG programs.
- Used MS Project for project management and tracking.
Technologies: JAVA J2EE , ECLIPSE, UML XML, DOM, JDBC, MSSQL, TOMCAT, SERVETS, JSP, COBOL, COBOLII, VSAM, DB2, PLATIUM, SOFTECH, DB2 Utilities, IDMS, ADDS/O, VSAM, DYNAMIC SQL, TSO, CA7 SCHEDULER, FTP, DEBUGGER, FILE MANAGER, FAULT ANALZER, ISPF, OS390 ZOS Operating System
- Implementation of Treasury Reporting System: Performed analysis and design for the new Treasury.
- Reporting System which allowed bank customers to see their current cash balances so they can make good investment decisions.
- Wrote 10 Stored Procedures programs to gather database data from the servers.
- Changed 10 other programs in the system.
- Fixed and tested changes and Implemented to Production.
- System Used SQL 2005 for accessing data base for stored procedures.
- Added 10 JAVA programs for front end processing using the COBOL stored procedures.
- Used MS Project for tracking and reporting on projects.
- Responsible for creation of online Insurance System.
Technologies: JAVA J2EE , ECLIPSE, UML XML, DOM, XPATH, XQUERY, JDBC, MSSQL, TOMCAT, SERVETS, JSP, COBOL, COBOLII, VSAM, DB2, SQL2005, PLATIUM, SOFTECH, DB2, Utilities, DB2/AIX TSO, CA7 SCHEDULER, FTP, DEBUGGER, FILE MANAGER, FAULT ANALZER, ISPF, OS390 ZOS OPERATING SYSTEM
Project Lead /Developer
- Implementation of Jewelry Price Changes and Adding New Items to the Inventory.
- Analyzed the price system to find what changes had to be made for next year's jewelry prices.
- Wrote documentation and held meetings with users plus changed 20 programs for price conversion in COBOL and using IDMS database and websites to add the new jewelry items.
- Changed 10 programs for addition of new jewelry items in Batch and changed JCL, tested and implemented to production system.
- Wrote 2 ADSO online programs using MAPC to create online maps and ADSC to generate dialogs in Support of the jewelry price change OLQ used to display database.
- Analyzed batch and online programs for problems.
- Fixed and tested changes and implemented to production system.
- Used MS Project for project management responsibilities
Technologies: IDMS, MAPC, ADSC, OLQ, COBOL, COBOLII, VSAM, TSO, CA7 SCHEDULER, FTP, DEBUGGER, File Manager, FAULT ANALZER, ISPF
Consultant/ Project Developer Lead
- Conversion of AMC Target owned company in New Jersey to the Target Information Systems Group: Conversion consisted of moving 1200 programs, COBOL, Assembler, Mantis programs plus database of IMS, DB2 and Supra to the Target System.
- Worked with personnel to handle all of the application issues Handled testing the system after transfer.
- Created two courses and created 3 huge documentation books to train the support people for Mantis and Supra Database.
- Performed many Supra DBA functions to define system.
- Wrote many conversion programs to transfer information from AMC to target system.
- Developed JCL and 2 programs to process EDI files in GENTRAN and then FTP files from Target to AMC system.
- Used MS Project for project monitoring and tracking.
Technologies: CICS, DB2, MANTIS, SUPRA, VSAM, TSO, CA7 SCHEDULER, FTP, DEBUGGER, File Manager, FAULT ANALZER, GENTRAN, Platinum, SOFTECH, DB2 Utilities, ISPF OS390, ZOS Operating System
Consultant/ Lead Programmer
- Design of additional updates to the health care project for the State of Minnesota:
- Analyzed the system to find any new additions which had to be communicated to other connecting systems.
- Attended JAD sessions with the state of Minnesota personnel to clarify changes to the system Verified with users that the process was correct.
- Created documentation on the new converted process.
- Analyzed CICS DB2 system to determine the changes necessary for conversion to the new Health Care System.
- Added jobs to the batch system to create MQ Series inquiries in order to update other systems.
- Worked with MS Project for managing and tracking projects.
- Merging Billing Systems added the newly acquired Roadway Freight Billing System and merged it with the Yellow Billing System.
- System analysis and design which included the creation of all documents related to the system design along with user participation programmed and tested the modifications to the Freight Billing System for Mexico shipments.
- The system consisted of multiple foreground sessions with CICS programs being started at time intervals in background tasks.
- Changed 15 CICS, batch using Change man with Enterprise COBOL and COBOL II and 5 Assembler programs.
- Added 5 Net Express formerly Micro Focus COBOL and changed 15 interactive programs Used IDE to change and also test system.
Technologies: CICS, VSAM, DB2, INSTALL/1 PLATIUM, Assembler, COBOLII, Net Express Micro Focus COBOL , CONTRL-M SCHEDULER, FTP, Change man for Program and JCL Control of Changes, XPEDITOR BATCH and ONLINE DEBUGGER, File Manager, Fault Analyzer, ISPF OS390, ZOS Operating System
- Involved in the design and programming of many online CICS and batch DB2/AIX database programs which updated and extracted data from the 835 and 837 HIPAA database.
- The extracted data was used to interface with the present system.
- Designed modification to the CAS Claim Administration System for claim processing.
- Created C called programs for many of the calculations.
- Performed as acting DB2 DBA for many of the DB2 changes.
- Built JAVA screens using Web Sphere to interface with the CICS system Involved in the creation of EDI screens for the capture of data Used FTP to transfer files between mainframe and client server systems.
- The new HIPPA requirement was to pay the claim only when all problems have been resolved.
- A claim usually consists of many parts doctor, hospital, special treatment .
- Created Analysis and Design document which included.
- Changes to present system.
- New programs to be created.
- Estimates of total hours to do the analysis, programming, testing and documentation.
- Task list with scheduled completion dates.
- Create test plans for unit regression testing and involve users with system testing.
- JCL changes to current jobs.
- Analysis of ramifications to other systems.
- Converted Claim Payment System 25 programs from Visual.
- Basic 60 to Visual Basic NET and ASPNET using SQL Server database using XML, COM DCOM, Visio.
- Used MS Project and Visio for project management purposes.
Technologies: OS390 MQ SERIES , VSAM, CICS, DB2, ISPF, COBOL II, COBOLIII, SAS, COBOL, JAVA, CA7 SCHEDULER, FTP, Web Sphere, VBNET, SQL Server database, CHANGEMAN, SDSF, DB2/AIX Utilities, SQL 2005, INTERTEST ONLINE and BATCH DEBUGGER Erwin Modeling, Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, Project Management , REPORTING using COGNOS
Project Lead/ System Analyst
- Designed and programmed Order Entry and Accounts Receivable System using CICS as transaction manager and DB2 database Created C programs for calculations.
- Developed scope of project, system design, programming specifications and normalization of data.
- Creation of functional unit test plans and involve the users with system regression test plans and.
- The execution and documenting the results of the tests.
- Created VSAM files to hold database.
- Created base tables, primary key indexes and used various DB2 utilities to make database more efficient.
- Wrote 25 CICS programs using SQL to select, insert, update and delete rows from DB2 database.
- Created CICS maps using Basic Mapping.
- Support macros DFHMSD and DFHMDI in Assemble language.
- Maintenance to on line Mantis programs using Supra relational database and batch.
- Converted order entry system 30 programs from Visual.
- Basic 60 to Visual Basic NET and ASPNET using SQL Server database using XML, COM DCOM and Visio.
- Did modifications to PowerBuilder applications.
- Updated DB2 database using SAS DATA, PROC, SQL Procedure and RUN commands.
- Wrote 15 C sub programs which are called by COBOL for many calculations.
- Added 4 and change 5 Micro Focus COBOL interactive programs.
Technologies: OS390 MQ Series , DEC, SUPRA, MANTIS, VSAM, CICS, DB2, SQL2005, ISPF, COBOL II, COBOLIII, Micro Focus COBOL, SAS EXP, COBOL, INSTALL/1, C, CHANGEMAN, SDSF, CA7 SCHEDULER, FTP, DB2 Utilities, Lotus Notes, SMARTEST, PowerBuilder, Visual Basic 60, Visual Basic Net, SQL, Server Database, ONLINE and BATCH DEBUGGER , Microsoft Access, Word, Excel And Project Management ,REPORTING using COGNOS
Project Lead/ Systems Analyst
- Designed and programmed online CICS DB2 system to allow customer service to change or answer questions about accounts.
- Designed and programmed additional functionality to the Visa Authorization and Fraud system.
- This system processes over 800,000 transactions a week.
- Used stored procedures to select and update customer and transaction tables it was more efficient to call a stored procedure rather than do all of the DB2 functions in a program because the access to the database in a stored procedure is done on the server.
- Stored procedures allow you to access IMS, IDMS, Flat files and CICS Transactions Fixed problems on PCs using UNIX operating system Did the functions of the DB2 DBA for the system changes.
- Designed and programmed a wire transfer system to allow customers to wire money to various clients.
- Created all of the system documentation and programmed the system using CICS with DB2.
- Performed maintenance to various check processing systems.
- Created feasibility study to demonstrate the advantages of adding the new functionality to the system.
- This was presented to upper management by use of visual aids flip charts and slides .
- Detail design of project which included: Modeling of the database using Erwin package, changes to present system, new programs, estimation of total hours, create task lists, create test plans for unit regression testing and system integration testing, JCL changes to current jobs and the ramifications of the changes to other systems.
- Detail design of project, which was presented, to the users using visual aids flip charts and slides .
- Obtained users' approval.
- Wrote program specifications.
- Wrote programs and changes to JCL.
- Tested online and batch changes in unit testing.
- User acceptance testing
- Put into production.
- Post implementation review.
Technologies: OS390 MQ Series , CICS, DB2, VSAM, ISPF, ENDEVOR, XPEDITOR, FTP, COBOL, COBOL II, Assembler