- Information Technology professional with over 25 years of experience as an IT Manager, DBA, Program and Project Managing both large 100 Million and small system development efforts. I have an extensive background in:
- Personnel and Project Management Multi-year, local, Global
- Executive level communications and presentations
- Database research, data extraction and reporting
- Infrastructure design and implementations
- Application reviews and optimization
- Network and Infrastructure deployments and Integrations
- eBusiness application development
- Network and Systems operations
- Customer Relationship Management
- Full Systems Development life cycle SDLC
- Software Application Development
- Business process implementations
- Quality Assurance process implementation
- Change Management process improvement and implementation
- System Conversions.
- Windows System migrations XP to Win 7
- Process Improvement, Operational Efficiency, and Cost Reductions
- Business Reengineering
- Budget, Risk, and Vendor Management
- Emerging Technology/R D
- I am highly skilled at leading and building project teams and handling projects with substantial risk, scope and complexity. My background and experience allows me to step into difficult project and client environments, and provide a stabilizing presence to both the staff and client. I have a proven track record of delivering projects on time, on budget, with a high level of client satisfaction.
- Project Management: MS Project, Planview, Clarity, Rally, SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, Lean Six Sigma, JIRA, IBM Tivoli Unified Process ITUP .
- Languages: PL/SQL, Java, HTML, COBOL, Fortran, PL1.
- Hardware: HP, IBM, RS/6000, IBM Mainframes, PCs, Compatibles.
- Operating Systems: HP/UX, AIX, VMS, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows XP.
- Other Skills: Microsoft Office Suite Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio , DB2, IDMS, Oracle Erwin, TSO/SPF, IBM Rational tools ClearQuest, ClearCase, ReqPro , SharePoint, MS Dynamics AX.
Title: Senior Project Manager
- Technical project manager responsible for multiple projects primarily for the Blue Lynx Media organization which is responsible for all of the back office operations of Tribune Publishing.
- Managed 5-6 projects concurrently along with there scheduling and release.
- Developed cost/benefit analysis and all other budget and staffing components.
- Managed scope and change control from inception through delivery.
- Developed risk rating for all projects which ultimately translated into cost contingency for each project.
Title: Senior Project Manager
- Deployed to CVS Caremark as one of the IBM Project Managers for the CVS Caremark account.
- Managed and delivered over 50 RxClaim, Med-D, and client commitment projects.
- Managed multiple concurrent projects up to 17 with projects ranged from a few 100 hours to well over 3,000 hours with a multitude of different project teams. The majority of these projects being mission critical, federal compliance related and/or new business migrations.
- Refreshed server and diagnostic environments utilizing HP small business servers, Windows Server 2008, SQL Server, and reprovision other equipment for doctors' offices.
- Network design and implementation, Computer Training, Computer Repair, Software Installation, Server Configurations, Router configuration, Windows desktop and server migrations XP/ Win7 , etc.
Title: Managing Consultant
- Provided project and financial management leadership to project teams and junior project managers. Provided project and financial reports to senior management and individual PM's.
- Set-up and managed multiple Project Management Offices PMO . Developed and implemented project management and solution methodologies PMBOK for projects.
- Drove all phases of project deployment lifecycle from leading customers through proper consideration of business issues and technical elements, to architecture, requirements, configuration, and deployment of real-time solutions.
- Provide primary point of contact for clients and senior management.
- PM of the Commerce track which was the largest business track of a web site redesign.
- Lead the requirements definition and use case development effort for all air sub-tracts within the Commerce area.
- This multi-vendor effort to develop a personalized multi-channel web-based user experience that reinforces the airline's brand and allows Customers to plan, purchase, manage air, travel, and ancillary products and services.
- The project was progressing toward completion of the projects define phase, but the project was cut short by funding issues.
Integrate Ricoh's multiple function devices Copy, Fax, and Scanning with external Open Standards Web Services to facilitate the execution of industry processes e.g. loan application by assisting in some of the process activities
Primary interface between the individual ITS Global Service Product Line SPL owners and the RCP system. The prime focus was on development of requirements and reports to meet the need of the Global and regional SPL owners and act as a single point of contact between the teams.
Negotiation team and was the project PE/PM with a primary focus project plans, staff modeling and planning, deliverable costing and cash flow.
- Responsible for project staffing with both IBM personnel and sub-contractors.
- Managed procurement of office space, Purchase orders for sub-contractors
- Managed the installation of network infrastructure.
- Management Proof of Concept
- Provided the project management and acquisition of technical resources.
- The project integrated IBM Content Management with LDAP, Interwoven, Captiva, ImagePlus 390, Lotus Notes, and MQ Workflow.
Managed the analysis, development, testing, and deployment for the data conversion from an external mainframe legacy IDMS system to an Oracle based client server application.
- Managed a staff of 18 which included application developers, testers, and infrastructure staff for a large complex government healthcare portal application.
- Responsible for the integration of a single complex front-end portal application with multiple back-end web based applications developed by multiple vendors. The application acts as a secure gateway to allow healthcare professionals to verify client eligibility and process healthcare claims.
- Managed the application development and maintenance of a large e-government application with a value of over 117 million dollars.
- Responsible for the integration of multiple city agencies into a single citywide payment system, with access through a custom client, the Internet, or an IVR.
- Ensured that the project was progressing on schedule, providing e-checking and credit card payment options to taxpayers who are accessing the system via the Internet, IVR, or Kiosk.
- Coordinated the efforts of a team consisting of over 75 developers and analysts working on multiple applications and releases, across city agencies, and integrating with numerous legacy applications.
Managed the development of the IVR component of a large e-government payment application, along with multiple other taxpayer assistance IVR's.
Project Office Manager
- Initiated and managed the NYCSERV Project Office.
- Developed processes to insure the accurate time reporting of over 100 practitioners.
- Managed and tracked the procurement of over 25 million dollars of hardware and software.
- Performed a complete reconciliation of the projects financials and identified multiple issues and shortcomings and developed procedures to resolve these issues and restructured the financials to provide an overall project view and simplify the ongoing financial management.