Military veteran and experienced Project Manager with an extensive background in engineering, manufacturing, insurance and healthcare industries. Have held numerous supervisory-level positions with increasing responsibility in program management, project engineering and electrical engineering. Certified as a Project Management Professional PMP and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt LSSBB .
Project Management Consultant
Utilize project management and business process management principles t develop and optimize core healthcare processes t improve overall business effectiveness and efficiency.
Project Management Consultant
Utilize project management and lean six sigma principles t reduce variation, eliminate waste and improve flow within manufacturing processes.
Program Manager Electronic Engine Control Systems, Fuel Control Systems, and Fuel / Oil Pumps
- Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Proficient with project management, manufacturing and continuous Improvement tools including, process mapping, flow charts, paret charts, fishbone diagrams, SPC's, KPI's, project charters, 5S, risk mitigation, tollgate process, VOC, A3, SIPOC, kaizen events, kanban, poke-yoke, visual controls, standard work, pull-systems, DMAIC, PDCA, balanced scorecard, and manufacturing metrics: COPQ, FPY, TAKT, DTC, OTD, ROI, WIP, cycle times, scrap, rework.
- Built credibility, established rapport, and maintain excellent communication and relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels with a strong focus on customer service, team building, organization, and maintaining a positive work culture throughout the organization.
- Responsible for leading project teams through customer design reviews, cost reduction initiatives, hardware transition t production, DO178 software and DO-254 hardware certification, ATP/ HASS / HALT validation, Integrated Circuit Test ICT and Circuit Card Assembly CCA re-design efforts.
- Oversee supply chain, planning, operations and machine shop t ensure production test stand operational readiness and constant flow of material is available t meet customer hardware needs.
- Participate in routine organizational reviews with senior leadership, departmental staff, project IPT, engineering, operations, contracts and the Defense Contract Management Agency DCMA .
- Responsible for overseeing project cross-functional teams and adherence t New Product Introduction NPI tollgate processes including proposal, contract award, planning, preliminary and critical design, verification and validation, production readiness and final closeout.
- Led numerous engineering and manufacturing continuous improvement Kaizen, Production Preparation Process 3P and Value Stream Mapping VSM events t reduce product cost, eliminate process waste and improve customer hardware on-time delivery OTD .
- Oversee engineering, product support and quality functional groups during root cause investigations and routine servicing of electronic control and hydro-mechanical RTV and MR units.
- Work closely with engineering, contracts and business development functional groups in the development and negotiation of existing customer RFQs and new business development proposals.
- Have demonstrated success in managing large complex engineering projects > 1M with multiple activities including oversight of cross-functional teams, budget, schedule, scope, meetings, milestones, resources planning, risk mitigation, issues and sales plan.
- Daily activities include initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling the profit and loss of projects throughout contract life-cycle.
- Responsible for the coordinated management and integration of multiple hardware and software related engineering projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives.
- Direct oversight of the design, development, manufacturing and service of fuel and oil pumps, fuel metering and electronic engine control systems for helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft.
Program Customers Responsible for:
- General Electric Aviation GEA T700 electronic engine controls - Army Blackhawk, Navy Seahawk and Coast Guard Jayhawk helicopters
- GEA legacy production fuel pumps - military and commercial helicopter and aircraft programs
- United Technologies Aerospace Systems UTAS hydraulic oil pumps - Naval Hawkeye aircraft
- Pratt Whitney Canada PW210 electronic engine and fuel controls - S-76 commercial helicopter
- Williams International FJ44 electronic engine and fuel controls - Cessna commercial business jet
- GE-Honda HF120 electronic engine and fuel controls - Honda-Jet commercial business jet
- Honeywell HTS900 electronic engine and fuel controls - Bell 407 Armed Reconnaissance helicopter
Project Engineer Electronic Engine Control Systems
- Played a major role in leading the IPT through all major phases of the development program.
- Responsible for leading the manufacturing, testing and shipment of over 100 developmental units t support Pratt Whitney engine software integration.
- Utilized Integrated Master Schedule IMS , Tiger EVMS and JDE system t manage project schedules, budget, work performance, and resource requirements.
- Direct oversight of engineering technicians including test equipment maintenance and calibration, hardware testing, and circuit board-level troubleshooting.
- Managed hardware configuration including parts inventory, FPGA firmware, test stand diagnostics, system specifications, circuit board assemblies and electrical schematics.
Senior Electrical Engineer Electrical and Utility Systems
MH-60 Naval Hawk and RAH Army Comanche helicopter platforms
- Control Account Manager CAM responsible for managing multiple retrofit projects and providing electrical management oversight including review of technical work performed by peers, work estimates, plans, schematics and selection of system components, schedules, budget, work performance and resource requirements.
- Involved in the design, engineering, and implementation of electrical components and systems including preparation of design specifications, SOW documents, schematics and wiring diagrams, diagnostic testing, Failure Mode Effect Analysis FMEA , test plans and equipment.
Electrical Engineer Naval Electronics and Surveillance Systems
- Naval Remote Mine-Hunting Submersible Program
- Played a key role in the design and implementation of the electrical propulsion system including system load analysis, selection of protective devices/control relays, system schematics, wire harnesses and power distribution box assemblies.
- Designed, tested, and implemented various dc power supply circuit board assemblies including PCB layout, load sharing of multiple dc-dc converters, EMI filtering, fault detection, output voltage programming and switching control.
Electrical Engineer Naval Power and Auxiliary Systems
- USS SEAWOLF Submarine Program
- Performed ac and dc power system load analysis on submarine systems for various modes of operation including short-circuit current analysis, cable voltage-drop analysis and EMI testing.
- Involved in the design, development and implementation of systems including component specifications, selection of protection devices, switchboards, transformers and shipboard cables.
Petty Officer Second Class E5 Electrician's Mate / Diver
- USS PARG SSN-650 Fast Attack Submarine
- Completed a six-year enlistment including two-years of training in the field of electrical and nuclear engineering and then a four-year tour on-board the USS PARG SSN-650 Fast Attack Submarine.
- Qualified t operate and perform maintenance on submarine electrical, steam and nuclear reactor plant control systems and equipment.
- Program and Project Management - PMBOK
- Project, Electrical and Nuclear Engineering
- Manufacturing Lean Six Sigma - DMAIC
- IT Business Intelligence Agile
- Business Process Management
- Change Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Communication verbal, and written
- Earned Value Management System
- JDE, CADRA, DOORS, Tiger, RPS, Visio, SharePoint
- Microsoft Office Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint