James is a 24 year veteran of the I.T. industry, with 6 years of professional experience in Operations, 9 years in network engineering, and 9 years most recently in network project management. James is a self-motivated, organized, detail oriented manager with a proven track record for delivering on-time network projects. He is able to build trusting relationships with cross-functional teams as well as the end customer, to achieve results on projects with strict time constraints. His experience and ability to communicate effectively with all organizational levels in large, fast paced, multi-tasking environments makes him an asset to any organization that is active in the network space.
Global Network Transition Manager IBM Network Focal, Transition Transformation
- Responsible for overall global network delivery in support of IBM Transition Transformation.
- Network focal on the following accounts: Citigroup, Freddie Mac, CenturyLink, Broadridge Financial, The Hartford, John Deere, Sandvik, Mead Johnson, and BG Group.
- Management, oversight, and coordination of AT T PM and engineering teams, as well as other 3rd party vendors, throughout the various project life cycles with each customer.
- Direct involvement with all facets of Network Tower activities throughout project phases: Engagement Handoff, on-site client kickoff, development and execution of project plan, implementation of network connectivity mitigation strategies, management / tracking of dependencies on, and deliverables to other project towers, hosting of regular status calls with the customer, the internal team, and executive management, knowledge transfer, cutover planning, client testing, and go-live.
- Development of Project Definition Report, Project Plan, Risk / Action / Issue log RAIL , RPM status reporting, project dashboard, and global status reports
- Responsible for planning, coordination and delivery of network connectivity between IBM, AT T, various 3rd party vendors, and the customer, globally, under strict timelines. Activities include circuit orders, data center / infrastructure planning and, compiling of access requirements between the customer and IBM project towers, network device cabling, coordination of network architects and Project Managers from various teams for turn up and test / problem determination, IBM and customer change control processes, and UAT testing.
- Familiarity / involvement in processing of financials between IBM and AT T TSD / ATQ / eCEP / CPL / CMF / BOND / Spend Board / P.O. generation / etc.
Network Performance Specialist AT T Network Services for DOW Chemical
- Design and implementation of Cisco network infrastructure to support future VoIP deployments in Dow Chemical's U.S. based facilities.
- Performed site surveys, utilized VitalQIP version 6 to expand and/or locate available subnets for new networks. Created detailed vlan / subnet assignments for new network connections, VoIP subnets, and PSTN gateway routers. Created and maintained static and DHCP ranges, and DNS names for new devices.
- Lead several U.S. site installations, which included ordering / tracking of new equipment, cables, coordination of on-site resources, change integration, device config creation, cadence and test plan, post-change support, Visio drawing creation and/or updates, and inclusion of all new devices into Dow's network monitoring and inventory tools.
- Perform ongoing reconciliation / documentation / accurate monitoring of Dow WAN circuits globally.
- Coordinate and implement Cisco IOS upgrades across Dow's global network.
- Assist Network Services with change approvals, ongoing projects, on-call rotation.
- 3rd level escalation of LAN, WAN, VPN incidents related to the DOW Chemical global network.
- Utilization of IBM's ManageNow and DOW's Clarify trouble ticket systems.
- Utilization of VPN, Citrix, Putty, WinSCP, and Ciscoworks for remote access and management of the Dow network.
- Perform engineering functions for new Cisco hardware installations, as well as device decommissioning in the DOW environment.
- Follow IBM and DOW's change control processes and procedures.
- Create hardware configurations and work with Field Services to validate at installation.
- Update IBM support documentation Visio, Network Monitoring tools, etc.
Deployment Manager / Network Engineer GM IS S: PFCN Plant Floor Controls Network
- Successfully managed network infrastructure and hardware upgrade projects at several GM plants, including Orion, Bowling Green, and Pontiac Assembly, Grand Blanc, Flint and Pontiac Metal Centers, and Warren Transmission.
- Completed site assessment and participated in contractor bid process
- Developed primary / diverse path fiber design with GM Engineering
- Managed plant fiber installation and overall project scope, schedule, and budget
- Coordinated upgrade of core and plant floor switches with zero impact to production
- Managed plant-wide RF upgrade to Cisco 1242 AP's and Air Magnet sensors at Pontiac Assembly
- Engineered Cabletron to Cisco core switch migration for GM Flint Tool and Die plant
- Managed efforts to re-address all GMNA WAN routers
- Managed Cisco FWSM deployments and policy application in all GMNA core switches
- Maintain excellent customer relations with GM IS S, plant engineering, EDS, and UAW
- Maintain thorough documentation of all project aspects:
- Site assessment, Executive Summary, SOW, Hardware / labor / supplier BOM's
- CAD As-builts, Physical/Logical Designs, Network configurations
- SDP-21, WBS, MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel
Network Analyst II
Network Technologies: Network Protocols / Standards: Telco Technologies:
- Cisco 2600, 7000 Routers IP, IPX, RIP, EIGRP DS1 / DS3
- Cisco 2900, 4000, 6500 Switches Ethernet Cat5E / Fiber Frame Relay
- Pix 501, 506e, 515 firewalls IPsec, PPTP Cable / DSL VPN
- Cisco 3000 VPN Concentrator HSRP / VRRP Remote dial up
- Cisco 1231 AP's, WLSE DNS / DHCP / SNMP
- Project lead on LAN wireless implementation of 55 Access Points Solution Engine
- Installed a Pix 515 to facilitate wireless Internet access for vendors.
- Installed WLSE and implemented WDS.
- Completed 802.11B to 802.11G and VX Works to IOS radio upgrades.
- Project lead on WAN carrier migration over 50 branch offices
- Worked with provider's transition team to design a fully redundant, diverse path architecture.
- Converted branch offices from single 128k frame relay with dual T1's at head end to dual,
- diverse path 256k frame relay with redundant 7206 routers and dual DS3's at head end.
- Upgraded all remote site network hardware in conjunction with carrier migrations.
- Project lead on VPN conversion for web based offices over 30 branch offices
- Designed Pix 501 configuration templates for branch offices for pure web-based or VPN.
- Designed and implemented secure wireless over VPN solution for branch offices.
- Project lead on frame relay and VPN expansion and redundancy efforts
- Converted several high cost, low volume frame relay sites to broadband / VPN.
- Project lead on 288 strand fiber project to facilitate DMZ expansion to new computer room
- Performed LAN switch implementation for several wings of building and computer rooms
- Installed Cisco 2950, 4006 and 4506 switches over redundant gigabit Ethernet uplinks to dual Cisco 6513 core switches, and supported both CatOS and IOS.
- Primary network contact for turn up of all new loan centers
- Primary contact for all Physical Plant / Infrastructure wiring specifications
- Created Visio book of company's extranet / partner networks
Network Operations Technician
Network Technologies: Network Protocols / Standards: Telco Technologies:
- Cisco 2900, 5000, 6000 Switches WINS, DNS, DHCP / QIP DS1 / DS3
- Cisco 2500, 4000, 7000 Routers Ethernet Fast, Gigabit Frame Relay
- Cisco IOS, hardware upgrades TCP / IP, OSI ISDN
- Cabletron Hubs, MMAC RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF RJ11-45, Twisted Pair
- HP OpenView, CiscoWorks NETBEUI, NETBIOS
- CSU/DSU's, Adtrans SNA, SNMP, PPP
- Responsible for cable making, packet sniffing, closet wiring, and escalation of help desk issues.
- Responsible for Unisys FEP application communication for Banks Pre-Close system and gateway connections to off-site IBM mainframe system.
- Responsible for frame relay and ISDN integrity over 208 branch internetwork, escalation of carrier circuit issues, IOS upgrades, circuit inventory, documentation, and configuration changes.
- IBM XA/ESA Resource / Storage Management
- Basic JCL Programming Tape Operations / Disaster Recovery
- JES, JCS, ISPF, CICS Systems / Customer Support
- Batch, Online Processing ATL, SILO Tape Units
- Completed Operators Development Program, and was involved in ISO 9001 certification process.
- Unisys V380 7 total Laser, DP printers Nightly backups
- MTC, GCR tape drives System recovery Batch processing
- Program Beta's Customer Support Onlines shutdown / startup
- Raid 7 Medical Billing processing
- Unisys V460 ATM EFT Optical Disc System
- Batch / Online Operations Proof / Data Entry Support Microfiche Orig. / Dup.
- DP1800 Sorter Program Beta's Report creation / Distribution