Technical Skills Summary
| || |
IBM Rational DOORS, COBOL, MVS, CICS, JCL, VSAM, DB2, SQL, SPUFI, QMS, Easytrieve, File-Aid, TSO, MS SQL, Changeman, Lotus Notes, Expediter, IMS/DMS, DPS, QLP, ECL, TAS, Mercury Quality Center, Test Director, Test Lab, MS Project , Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, SharePoint, Clarity, Adobe, PL/SQL
| ||MS Windows, Delphi, .NET, Java/J2EE, FiServ SIS PTF 12, DOS/VSE, MVS/ESA/JCL, AS/400|
| ||HP, IBM PCs and compatibles, IBM Mainframes, Unisys 2200/900, Unix, AS400|
- Over 20 years experience in Information Technology, Finance, and P C Insurance.
- Strong hands-on background in project management, requirements gathering, applications planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance.
- Skilled in development of small, medium and large implementations using multiple platforms.
- Broad base of experiences using Structured Project Management, Methodologies, Systems Analysis, Software Design and Quality Assurance.
- Three years experience working within an insurance agency Experience with Insurance Agency Management Systems AMS . Broad knowledge of P C insurance industry including agency support, quoting, policy issue and management, compliance, underwriting and claims. CPCU certification in process.
- Veteran, US Air Force Active Duty Ohio Army National Guard
Assigned to Individual Investments Group Annuities Division. Creating business requirements for multiple 2010 Product Competitiveness releases. Gather requirements, assist technology with system set-ups, facilitate JDE sessions, and interact with senior decision makers. Developed technology interfaces for a rewrite of the R R processing within IIGS group. Worked with SA team on updating and quality checking PALLM subfile setups to coordinate rider, form, and product synchronization. Perform tasks as a project SME helping development staff in a .NET/Mainframe environment.
Business Systems Analyst
BA assigned to new state development on FiServ's Specialty Insurance System SIS . Duties include creating and maintaining requirements traceability documents linking IT, operations Support, Pricing and Compliance with common project documentation. . Conducted business process modeling and generated Use Case scenarios for technical design and function testing. Perform project development and management successes include: EZLynx AMS mapping, 2009 Agent commission changes and older home surcharge programs.. Have contributed research, requirements, business knowledge, testing and issue tracking for V12 conversion and new product roll outs in Java/J2EE , AS400 environment. Use Excel, MS SQL, Squish and Lotus Notes to support ongoing projects.
Project Lead PMO
Support PMO office with documentation, research and oversight of BA staff regarding documentation, organization, presentation, sign-off and user acceptance utilizing AGILE software development techniques. Supported multiple iterations. Successes including Kaiser Permanente EDI project with first successful implementation having migrated September 1, 2008. Used SharePoint, KP Community, Adobe, HP Service Desk, Mercury Quality Center and other tools to support ongoing projects in an IBM Mainframe Java/J2EE environment.
Lead Business Analyst / Corp Compliance Dept IT Documentation and Testing
Helped develop, implement, and launch formal requirements gathering process for Personal Lines P C Company in a Delphi / .NET environment. Helped guide business rule development and standardized Business Requirement Documents BRD as part of a formal requirements gathering process. Worked in IBM Rational DOORS formalizing business rules as part of the Missouri State Development process. Implemented Missouri expansion by using JDE Sessions, writing formal requirements documents, USE cases, formal business user sign offs and other SDLC processes. Conducted business process modeling and generated Use Case scenarios and wire-frame type documents for technical design and function testing. Developed California implementation standards and documentation for a new state expansion project. Standardized EDI interfaces and error correction processes. Worked on numerous multi-state projects including Accidental Death Benefit rollout expected to generate 2 Million in annual premium. Spearheaded split-bill processing implementation across multiple states.
Performing programming and analysis duties at Abercrombie Fitch. Worked on Purchase Order system reworking logistical support for the European Expansion. Create and update Batch and online programs using COBOL, CICS, SPUFI JCL in a DB2 and VSAM environment. Attended Oracle PL/SQL class.
Working as Quality Assurance analyst at Nationwide Insurance Customer Information File systems. Worked on Allied Insurance interface Commercial Lines P C and Visibility testing. Worked on both commercial and personal lines P C processing. User Testing and Final Acceptance testing using Mercury Quality Center, SPUFI, QMF Fileaid in a TSO environment.
Agent/Producer James Strebing Agency
Working as Personal and Commercial lines Property Casualty Insurance producer. Work includes exposure to Applied AMS and web based / P C rating as well as paper application and ACORD forms. Duties include client acquisition, quoting, policy booking, follow-up and cross selling. Knowledge of company underwriting requirements and document gathering, audit, personal lines and commercial lines P C programs essential to job description.
- Business Analyst 2001- 2002 Working at Bank One as Business Analyst in DDA/DDS converting Unix based Wingspan Bank to standardized B1B systems and implementation of B1B upgrades. Duties include work with the client Business Analysts and Tech supports to gather and understand requirements. Conduct and document knowledge transfer sessions. Review testing deliverables including test cases test plans. Conduct walkthroughs for client and seek approvals for all deliverables. Support Test manager in managing the Test planning and Test execution from the business perspective. Duties include but are not limited to: systems analysis, system documentation, creating test scripts, testing applications and preparing results for audit purposes. Successes include:
- Multiple Bank One conversion projects delivered on time and on budget resulting in 50 million/year savings.
Development Manager/Technical Lead/Senior Systems Analyst/Business Analyst
- Led a team of 4 to 35 developers for tax year 1999 and 2000, responsible for the tax-related year-end reporting of the Chase Manhattan Mortgage Corporation.
- Responsible for overall installation and customization of ALLTEL tax releases.
- Built test regions, coordinated units, systems, integration, QA testing and financial balancing between RE and TX on IBM 3090, IBM MIDRANGE, FORTRACS UNIX , RMS, and HP servicing systems. Results were the successful creation of 2.8 million 1999 and 3.6 million 2000 tax forms, IRS and state tax reporting, investor relations reporting, FHA and PMI disclosures and Workflow client server updates.
- Lead team responsible for DOS/VSE to MVS/JCL conversion of Chase TX application for tax year 1999.
- Analyst in charge of AEGIS EDI/PAYMAP project. Project generated 500,000 in fee income per year.
- Successfully implemented FISI/Madison Optional Products vendor resulting in 250,000 in new revenue.
- Provided direct supervision of developers including writing performance appraisals, instigating corrective actions, interviewing potential candidates, setting career advancement goals and developing team skills.
- Provided production, programming and system support to assigned applications.
- Developed program specifications for system changes and implemented those changes.
- Analyzed, developed and tested system specifications for simple to moderately complex enhancements.
- Coded and debugged programs and used various development tools and utilities.
- Provided guidance to and reviewed the work of other team members.
- Led medium to large projects developed project plans, wrote specifications and coordinated project resources and workflow.
- Developed technical specifications and interfaces with other applications.
- Determined system requirements, defined scope and timeliness and implemented systems changes for assigned projects.
Business Analyst / Programmer/Analyst
- Performed system analysis, development and maintenance programming for STRS Tax Department.
- Worked on development work on STRS release team. All processing was done using DB2 in a CICS, MVS/ESA JCL CASE tool environment on an IBM 9000 system.
- Applied IRS tax regulations to legacy business functions and researching tax changes for future tax code updates.
- Responsible for coordinating year-end and correction processes with finance, procurement, operations and outside vendors.
- Worked as lead Business Systems Analyst on federal law requirements for Simplified Exclusion method as specified by IRC 72 d .
- Developed a problem definition and documented current business processes.
- Specified business solutions and timetable for implementing solutions. Clarified business assumptions with IRS.
- Created program and data cross-references.
- Identified existing programs, subprograms, one-time processes, reports and letters that need creation or modification, and performed high level analysis.
- Developed time and resource estimates for release team involvement.
- Performed duties as applications expert during project development.
- Developed specifications for 1999 file transfers of 1099 data per IRS specifications.
- Performed on-call duties for tax applications and served as backup on-call for Macola accounting system and Imaging system.
Systems Analyst II
- Performed formal systems analysis on large and small-scale projects across entire enterprise. The majority of processing is on a Unisys 2200/900 system.
- Lead analyst of Application Conversion Team for the OBES Millennium Alpha project.
- Worked as lead analyst of Vendor Automation Project. Using data from OBES 2200 and the Department of Administrative Services DAS IBM ES/9000, created a GUI based interface connecting all Procurement, Budget Finance and the Central Warehouse to automate the purchasing system, divisions and local offices in OBES.
- Worked on analysis and programming to reengineer IBM 4331 processing. Main tasks involved elimination of punched card processing with COBOL DPS screens, updating batch processes to run on the 2200, replacing IBM assembler with 2200 based COBOL and developing communication procedures to replace IBM RJE processing with FTP from the 2200 host.
- Performed duties as senior programmer for OBES Unemployment Compensation UC Tax and Wage Record Applications.
- Worked as an assistant to the Systems Administrator in a large scale 2200/900 environment. Goals were to maintain 99.9 system availability, minimize system wait time, maintain systems software and anticipate and deal with system problems.
- Monitored system mass storage usage and performance, identified and eliminated IO bottlenecks and tracked file allocation and expansion.
- Worked on software development/maintenance for the Professional Relations PR and Benefits Delivery applications using COBOL, DMS and MSAM files in a Unisys System 80/TIP30 environment.
- Responsible for requirement definitions, conceptual design, detail design, implementation and follow up of the PR Doctor Tracking system. Development steps included creating an end user dictionary, gathering user requirements, establishing automation benefits, determining data storage requirements and setting goals for systems performance.
- Developed online and batch processes to implement new functions and integrate PR with other departments.