- 10 years of experience in IT Project Management, Process Re-engineering, Change Management, Business System/Process Analysis, and Testing.
- Managed Resources, Time, Risk, Integration Scope. Efficient performer of multiple functions with timeliness and accuracy.
- Proven leadership skills encompassing Relationship Management with Client, Vendor team, and working on key initiatives with business.
- Planned and scheduled projects, set deadlines, assigned responsibilities, coordinated team members tasks towards completion of the project.
- Monitored and summarized project progress, prepared reports for upper management, internal and external customers.
- Led the business process team which wrote requirements, Directed team to create and verify quality requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile, Iterative Software Development Life Cycle Process as per Rational Unified Process (RUP), CMM (Capability Maturity Models).
- Performed GAP analysis to identify problems and inconsistencies. In depth understanding of As-Is and To-Be business processes.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for the project, to make sure all the requirements were captured,implemented and tested thoroughly.
- Skilled in functional analysis of software applications, change management, continuous process improvement.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills with quick learning ability. Demonstrated ability to work both in an independent and team-oriented environment with well-developed organizational skills.
Education: B.S. - Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Certification: FDN-CM101-DB Securities Overview PMP In progress
Training: Preparing for the PMI Scheduling Professional Project Management Skills for Success IT Project Management
Confidential, Washington DC Feb 09 -Present Project Manager / Business Process Lead
- Organize daily meetings, track and report project status to internal and external customers.
- Manage a team of seven resources, manage schedule, project scope and make sure it is within budget.
- Coordinate and support IT business processes. Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities throughout the project life cycle.
- Create and execute planned project work and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, monitor and verify receivables for project.
- Document the existing process flow, identify areas that need improvement and make constructive suggestions for change, manage the process of innovative change effectively.
- Consistently acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contributions, motivate team to work together in the most efficient manner. Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Lead the business process team which wrote requirements. Work with Business and internal as well as external IT staff to maintain proper functioning of business systems, and manage end-to-end business process to accomplish organizational goal that is more effective and efficient.
- Recommend changes and/or produce specifications for new systems. Define technical problems and worked out feasible solutions in light of cost.
- Create and share the Communications Plan to support client-vendor communication. Provide technical and business support to system and process users.
- Direct the team to create and verify quality requirements, also to deliver a flawless product. Supervise the team to create training documents, reference materials, also documents for support systems and acceptance testing.
- Schedule and lead Deployment meetings, also Change Control Board (CCB) meetings.
Confidential, Washington DC Jul 08- Oct 08 Sr. Business Analyst
- From compliance directives performed GAP analysis of system usability, created business cases and wrote business requirement specification.
- Drafted a remediation plan (approach/design) for the Project Management approval.
- Created system requirements and managed the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Led the testing team to prepare test strategy plans in co-ordination with the business area.
- Directed the testing activities and tracked the defects until it is resolved.
Confidential, Columbia, MD Jul 07 -Jun 08 Project Manager
- Direct and manage project development in a customized Agile environment.
- Managed a team of six resources. Planned and scheduled project deliverables, goals, milestones.
- Organize daily meetings with developers, testers for keeping track of the project progress and to report project status to customers.
- Conducted meetings with DBA and developers to identify and pull accurate data from respective servers. Assisted Development team and DBA group with new database design.
- Worked also as an analyst for ad-hoc projects, identified, assessed, and documented business requirements as User Stories, recommended business priorities, and advised business on options, risks, and costs.
- Led the testing team on creating test plan and test cases based on the requirement. Also supported testing in the entire project lifecycle.
- Provided reports/presentations, as needed to report progress and project completion goals.
- Conducted training sessions for the internal and external users.
- Helped the team to prepare user manuals to make the users better understand the designed system.
Confidential, Richmond, VA Jul 05- Jun 07 Project Manager / Business Systems Analyst
- Defined project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Managed a team of six (on-site/offshore) resources. Planned and executed projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
- Created strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Developed full-scale project plans, established baseline schedule and associated communication documents. Effectively communicated project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Created and scheduled new task to support on time release of critical deliveries.
- Coordinated the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Elicited requirement using Collaboration sessions (JAD) with Stakeholders as needed. Organized requirements into business and system requirements using RequisitePro. Analyzed Requirements and captured Nonfunctional requirements.
- Created Process flow, Data flow and Sequence diagrams in order to document business goals and to clarify the functionality of the system to the development team.
- Assisted vendors with development of prototypes and reviewed the proposed usability of the system.
- Managed the QA team throughout the entire testing phase. Used Rational Clear Quest for tracking and prioritizing defects and for enhancements after base lining the requirements.
Confidential, India Aug 03- Jun 05 Business Analyst / Test Analyst / Developer
- Analyzed the business requirements document and system specifications and identified the test requirements.Created business and detailed functional requirement. Performed data analysis and data mapping for all the modules.
- Created Test Plan, test cases. Performed functional, integration, system, regression, performance, UAT testing. Logged the errors, reported defects, determined repair priorities and tracked the defects until resolution using Test Director.
- Responsible for onsite and offshore operations. Performed the testing coordinator role while reporting all activities of the Off Shore to the Manager.
Confidential, India Sep 02- Jul 03 Developer (Intern)
Project Management: MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, MS Excel, MS Word, Processes:RUP- Rational Unified Process, SDLC, Waterfall Method, Agile Method, Spiral Method, Microsoft Solutions Framework Requirements Managements Tools: RequisitePro, DOORS, Caliber, JIRA Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose - UML, MS-Visio Change/Defect Management Tools: Quality Center - Test Director, Excel, QTP, PVCS, Rational ClearQuest, JIRA Repository Management: Rational ClearCase Languages: C, C++, C#, COBOL, JCL, HTML, CICS, CL, RPGLE, SQL, ASP.Net, Java Script Operating Systems: MS Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, MVS, OS/400, Unix Databases Utilities: SQL Server, Oracle 9i, DB2, MS Access, MS SharePoint Reporting Tool: Cognos, Microstrategy, Crystal reports, JSP Web Services: HTML, DHTML, PHP, XML Data warehousing Tool: Informatica, Ab initio, Erwin