Project Manager with over 20 years of business and systems management experience in positions of increasing responsibility, supporting client/server and mainframe environments with enterprise architecture and data warehousing capability. Demonstrated ability t plan and implement projects, manage budgets and organizational resources producing results that provide superior technical design, deliver operational efficiencies and significant savings. Business/technical experience is complemented by a MBA in Economics, an MS in Organizational Behavior, and knowledge of Project Management Methodologies e.g. PMI, Summit, Six Sigma, CMMi and Andersen Consulting's project tools .
- Project Management Business/Systems Analysis Process Improvement
- Cost Benefit Analysis Organizational Development Supervision
- Vendor Negotiations Hardware and Software Evaluations Management Reporting
- Large scale conversions Resource Planning/Budgeting Proposal Writing
- Project manager for UTAS Infrastructure team
- Execute plans for a application reconciliation effort targeted at consolidating UTAS servers
- Work with Infrastructure and Business teams t process over 700 Windows servers.
- Program Manager for the Enterprise Quality Assurance program
- Managed a program that included a collection of 24 Enterprise Quality Assurance projects in the areas of DevOps, Continuous Improvement, Test Data Remediation and Process Improvement
- Managed project status using MS PowerPoint and Clarity reporting t oversee project delivery and the
- 8.1 M program budget. Also, prepared monthly Program Level reporting for management
- Developed reporting metrics t consolidate the program reporting
- Project Manager Project Manager providing technology services for a large Fortune 100 outsourcing client.
- Managed a portfoli of infrastructure projects including physical and virtual server installations, storage frame refresh, memory and CPU upgrades.
- Coordinated roll out of a PC Connected, SCSP, HBGary and GigaTrust software upgrades.
- Facilitated the upgrade of 150 servers t new EMC VNX storage technology using VPLEX.
- Managed a web applications migration t new server technology
- Supervised a pilot of Overland NAS storage devices at field offices t provide additional storage.
- Managed large teams with 15-20 members.
- Project Manager/Consultant Project Manager for SAS Server Consolidation and Imaging Application retirement
- Developed and executed enterprise life cycle project plans spanning multiple business units
- Managed a diverse project team of five 5 : Architect, Business Analyst, QA, Technical Analysts
- Adhered t strict Enterprise Life Cycle guidelines for project execution
- Senior Project manager for national teacher certification program and applications. A permanent position was not extended due t budget restrictions caused by the down turn of the economy.
- Executed Project Plans for Wintel development of an web based Study Guide Ordering System
- Developed a training plan t support a conversion from Lotus Notes t Microsoft Outlook
- Used Agile planning approach t managed monthly application updates for a reporting system for the State of Florida
- Project manager for a demonstration of QlikView reporting software for automating report capability
- Coordinated Business Continuity Process for disaster recovery
- Project manager for QA performance testing of applications using CMMi methodology.
- Coordinated LoadRunner performance testing for a corporate-wide compliance tutorial
- Utilized business and systems planning expertise t develop a Statement of Work, Project Plans, Resource Estimates and Test Requirements for a Property Casualty Underwriting Rating System.
- Project manager for the Circulation System applications Facilitated applications development and testing for production system enhancements Coordinated maintenance efforts with development team t ensure timely updates
- Project Manager for CT DOL technology modernization program.
- Developed a cost benefit estimate for re-platforming mainframe COBOL systems t a Service Orientated Architecture SOA using .NetCOBOL on a Wintel based platform Windows and Intel .
- Updated IT strategy document t include a comparison between replatforming and a complete system reengineering with SOA, and Web Services .Net
- Project Manager for Training Management and Reporting System Power2Learn
- Managed the implementation of a Business Objects Reporting system in support of corporate training.
- Directed a core IT team for a Power2Learn training management system, resolving long standing technical issue, focusing on tightening systems controls and testing, improving processes and developing best practices .
- Actively participated in Pfizer's rigorous change management process t insure FDA compliance
- Successfully increased vendor responsiveness for delivering program fixes and consistent support
- Project Manager for SAS Server Consolidation
- Developed Statement of Work, Project Plans and resource requests for SAS Server Consolidations for
- upgrading t the latest SAS software platform and reduce licensing across the Pfizer computing
- Identify, evaluate, coordinate and schedule server migrations with business and technical staff
- Project Manager/Consultant Project Manager for ING's Shared Application Services team, utilizing an Enterprise Architecture as a framework t share data and application code in support of Data Warehouse and web enabled applications
- Managed the automation of a Fee Billing System for better fee collection, reporting and administration
- Facilitated eDelivery Project, for electronic distribution of customer statements 15 ROI
- Mapped out a process for evaluating and completing projects that are less than 50,000
- Utilized Summit project management tool, ING's Enterprise Architecture, IA3 and data warehouse
- structure t manage projects, for expanding and extending application and data access capability
- Financial Project Manager/Consultant Financial Project Consulting at The Hartford t manage budgets and financial reporting for a 25mm Life Systems upgrade project
- Maintained project budgets, MS project plans and time reporting for multi-phase application upgrade
- Developed monthly management and project control reporting process
- Project Manager Facilitated project activities for a Cognos Operational Reporting team
- Developed detailed project plan and design documents for a Claims Reconciliation system
- Facilitated Joint Application Design sessions for developing detailed Cognos reporting requirements
- Consultant Technology consultant for the Connecticut Resource Recovery Authority
- Developed a Business Impact Analysis for a Disaster Recovery plan for the entire organization
- Monitored the implementation of an data warehouse system for Accounting functions
- Owner/Developer Developed a web based retail outlet for fine Italian bicycles 3,000 t 6,500
- Developed business and marketing plans for Internet business
- Managed a website for marketing upscale Italian bicycles
- Project Manager/Consultant Consulting at CIGNA, defining organizational processes, guidelines, process maps and Best Practices
- Developed a Process Guidebook, documenting the organizational workflow, Best Practices , process
- standards, developing process improvement recommendations for a Customer Solutions team
- responsible for delivering end-to-end PC, voice and data capability for business users
- Presented project summary and recommendations t upper management, resulting in another assignment
- Led a process improvement team in developing a consolidated application profile for standardizing
- project and application data sharing for technical teams within the Systems Division.
- Consulting t Travelers Insurance, coordinating the project plan portfoli for a corporate divestiture
- Developed and maintained MS Project portfoli for a large a corporate divestiture
- Coordinated the planning, tracking and reporting activities for 22 business and technical teams
- Managed internal and client projects utilizing SEI/CMM methodology. Left as part of corporate downsizing
- Directed an application conversion assessment, providing technical recommendations for Pfizer
- Participated in developing a server architecture t structure and manage an application server for SAS programming, user access document sharing
- Led the recruiting efforts for the department and identified training/staffing requirements
- Managed a project team t develop an on-line SAS training guide t enhance new staff development
- Worked with off-shore development team t coordinate project deliverables
- Actively participated in proposal development and customer prospecting
- Completed extensive CMMi training program
- Lincoln Life/CIGNA, Bloomfield, CT Director: Client Support Strategy 10/97 t 07/98 Managed tw 2 teams in support of client/server and mainframe systems. Left after a restructuring of business priorities after the acquisition of the individual insurance business by Lincoln Life
- Directed project plans for an enterprise wide system roll out of a client/server software upgrade to
- consolidate and simplify operating environment for an AWD Imaging and Workflow System
- Identified improvement opportunities and executed project plans for updating a Customer Information
- System for accessing data on mainframe, client/server and Internet systems
- Developed a strategy for replacing an AWD Imaging and Workflow System t leverage current technology e.g. Filenet, Optika, Bantec t meet anticipated business requirements
- Created guidelines for implementing Optical Storage for an AWD Imaging and Workflow System
- serving Insurance and Annuities Applications
- Outlined a process for converting microfiche documents t electronic image for retrieval by the Imaging and Workflow system
- Interfaced with vendors and corporate attorneys for billing, contract and legal issues
- A wide range of consulting assignments for Fortune 500 companies GE Capital, MetLife Allstate
- Lead team responsible for developing a client pilot t demonstrate, evaluate and recommend HR
- Succession Planning software, negotiating with the vendor for additional up front support and
- expanded user log-ons, saving the client about 30,000 in operational costs
- Developed an automated capacity planning model of a critical Batch job stream t validate
- performance characteristics of a large scale conversion t new multi-state billing system
- Directed the development of a multi-platform client/server performance testing environment for an
- Automated Agent Desktop system built with Small Talk
- Developed a client/server technical architecture for a Filenet imaging and workflow system for MetLife
- Participated in the proposal development process for Filenet Imaging and Workflow systems Wang, Metlife
- Data Warehouse SharePoint Web Services BCP C /Java VMWare
- PC Connected SCSP HBGary GigaTrust Optima QlikView
- MS Office AWD/FileNet MS/Project SOA FrontPage HTML
- LoadRunner Lotus Notes CLIST Wintel IBM ES9000s VNX / VPLEX MICS/MXG BEST/1 modeling RMF/SMF STROBE TMON OMEGAMON Oracle VMS AS/400 SDLC Cognos DEC VAX/Alpha Client/Server Summit UNIX DASD TSO/VM PC Hardware/Software installations upgrades