Results-oriented Mortgage Servicing Analyst with demonstrated success in service delivery, loss mitigation, investor accounting, cash processing and compliance through facilitating highly detailed projects, displaying visionary leadership, and a combination of business and financial acumen to develop and deliver executive reporting and analysis in support of rapid decision-making. Expert knowledge in mortgage default, Investor relations reporting, collections, bankruptcy foreclosure procedures, and governmental compliance. Highly skilled at developing business process models, completing workflow analysis, eliciting functional and non-functional requirements in addition to facilitating the development of vendor requirement deliverables.
- Loss Mitigation
- Risk Analysis
- Business Operations
- Issue Resolution
- Regulations Compliance
- Investor Relations/Accounting
- Project Management
IT Business Analyst Senior
- Identify, document, and recommend client business IT requirements for implementing clients mortgage loan systems for acquisitions and conversions via the MSP system
- Translates client business requirements into application design requirement through the requirements gathering document
- Supports clients onsite and via phone through the requirements phase
- Test all requirements prior and after UAT and continue with testing and delivery phases runs interface between internal teams and the client
- Manages multiple projects with varying timelines. Responsible for completing active projects within established budgets for each project with less than 15 variance
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business units and IT from initial requirements to final project implementation
- Analyze client business requirements for new system enhancement implementations and or upgrades/migrations
- Complete and respond to project changes, issues, and shift priorities quickly to avoid project obstacles and delays.
Financial Analyst III
- Provide analytical and transactional management services in order to control and monitor various loss mitigation single-family transactional cash flows to and from Bank Trust and DDA accounts to ensure timely funding of transactions for Fannie Mae's Enhanced Servicing Program Servicer Participants
- Work closely with Investor Reporting and the National Servicing Organization NSO to insure all servicing transaction funding and reporting is fulfilled according to executed contracts
- Initiate Wire Transfer, ACH Processing, and perform Bank Reconciliations for an assigned a Servicer Portfolio
- Perform and document account reconciliation. Design and produce bank reconciliation reports.
- Set up instructions for wiring funds, and monitor wiring activity. Execute timely disbursement of funds and cash activity in accordance with established controls
- Development and analyze queries via SQL to ensure servicers were reporting bank activity through SAAS database,
- Enter cash transactions into appropriate systems and prepare documentation required by regulations and corporate standards
- Act as liaison between external customers and internal business partners, when necessary.
- Manage complex reporting, re-pricing, remitting, and reconciling activities. Analyze data, research issues and exceptions, and make appropriate changes. Prepare and confirm calculations.
- Identify causes of customer problems and issues and provide potential solutions.
- Build and improve internal and external customer relationships. Conduct and provide on-site visits with servicers as needed.
- Identify control weaknesses, communicate to management, and participate in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls
- Respond to inquiries from banks, trading desks, Audit, Treasury, and assist other staff in unit as needed.
- Assist in testing and implementing systems and/or process changes to support increased efficiencies or conformance with accounting regulations
Fannie Mae Contractor
Making Home Affordable- Business Analyst III
- Identify Servicer trends/patterns relating to Making Home Affordable MHA program activity, developing action plans, and implementation of resolutions in a timely manner.
- Facilitate weekly servicer calls to train and address reporting data edits
- Collaborate with Internal Business Partners and Treasury to address and recommend changes to existing Making Home Affordable policies and program guidelines
- Analyze and resolve HAMP data discrepancies within the scope of the assigned Servicer portfolio. Escalate issues that span across portfolios and participate in the resolution
- Mitigate Fannie Mae's operational risk as it relates to the FAA and related incentive payments, loan level reporting and data integrity.
- Monitor and interpret system of record Investor Reporting II IR2 transaction management for designated Servicers and Home Affordable programs with incentives.
- Lead the collaboration with internal and external business partners to establish and maintain constructive working relationships while addressing data integrity, loan compensation, and eligibility concerns
- Work with servicing transfer team SVT to ensure HAMP loans being transferred/acquired by a new servicer is transferred timely and all required documents are executed by the servicer
- Validate internal processes and controls to avoid operational incidents OI
Fannie Mae Contractor
NPL Credit Risk Oversight Senior
- Identify and architect executable program compliance quality assurance reviews for single family mortgages for regular book of business as well as alternative collateral T-Deals with a view to mitigate potential credit loss exposure.
- Incorporated audit findings from reviews into training programs for the servicers.
- Analyze findings and deliver actionable results management to minimize credit loss risk.
- Lead the team to ensure reviews were applicable to program and process compliance and ensure that reviews were executable to the internal business partners and servicers.
- Identified and provided process improvement strategies to management
- Provide guidance and support to subordinates to meet schedules and resolve technical problems.
- Recommend changes to polices and establish procedures that affect immediate organization operations
Loss Mitigation Onsite Portfolio Manager
- Managed and directed Onsite Loss Mitigation Analyst in support of loss mitigation daily activities.
- Monitored Servicer Performance Profiles for Non Performing Loan NPL activities.
- Identified performance outliers and worked with servicer to resolve performance issues.
- Trained Servicer on Home Affordable Modification Program HAMP , Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives HAFA program guidelines and updates.
- Prepared and Delivered servicer pipeline reports for delinquency, foreclosure and loss mitigation workouts.
- Complete 2nd level review audits on loans the servicer declined for HAMP/Classic Modification program. Responsible for review of delegated declined loss mitigation cased to determine if all appropriate facts and loss mitigation options/program were considered by the servicer.
- Led a department of 13 people with the responsibility of collections, loss mitigation, foreclosures, bankruptcy, and REO's for GSE Freddie Mac book of business
- Trained new and established staff on departmental and investor procedures
- Prepared and maintained data/spreadsheets for Net Present Value and Data Collector reporting Trial Plan, HAMP modification status submission's to the Treasury reporting monthly according to the Home Affordable Modification Program guidelines
- Performed weekly staff audits
- Identified and provided process improvement strategies to executive management weekly
Loss Mitigation Default Underwriter
- Obtained and evaluated credit reports, appraisals, title work as required to complete workout underwriter evaluation also verify mortgagor's ability to pay
- Negotiated appropriate workout strategy for Retention HAMP, Modifications, and Partial Claims Liquidation Short Sales and Deed-in-lieu options under company, investor, and mortgage guidelines in compliance with regulatory authorities Freddie Mac, FHA, Fannie Mae, Securitization Trust T-Deals , Active Bankruptcy borrowers and Private investor loans.
- Resolved Executive level inquires and complaints from borrowers, agents, attorneys and other third party representatives with speed and accuracy
- Assisted and led special projects as assigned by management
- Created and trained new employees on departmental policy and procedures
- Assisted manager on weekly foreclosure sale and audit reports to ensure team was in compliance
Investor Accounting Specialist
- Responsible for accurate and timely report and remitting to investor on Fannie Mae loans
- Reconcile exceptions and over/short conditions on a monthly established schedule
- Perform periodic audits with investor or agents as required
- Complete general ledger reconciliations each month. Prepare documentation to support differences, reconcile and adjustments
- Interpret, implement and document new procedures from Fidelity system, regulatory agencies or investors as requested by management.
Microsoft Word Advanced Excel PowerPoint Access Visio Microsoft Project MSP/Fidelity system Customer Service Collections Workout Prospector II Freddie Mac HSSN Fannie Mae BOXI Business Objects SAS Oracle/TOAD SQL SharePoint