SENIOR MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL / PROGRAM MANAGER / PROJECT MANAGEMENT GURU with multiple successes in leading the design and development of mission critical programs, projects, and teams to support corporate business objectives. Proven success at developing and leading stakeholders, project managers, business analysts and large distributed technical teams and driving to meet commitments on complex engagements. Excel at envisioning, building consensus and implementing the underlying processes that drive success on an organizational or program level including project management processes, project documentation, project management metrics, and project status reporting. Skilled at leading complex teams from initiation to closeout to transform legacy applications to modern and reliable systems via application development and COTS implementations. Managed first Global ITIL project in 2000. Degreed engineer BSEE with ability to combine leadership, innovation, inspiration, and hard work. PMP Certification 2005.
Contract Project Manager
Project Management for Enterprise Telephony Upgrade, F5 Installation and Turn-Up, and Citrix Remediation Projects. Implementation strategy, scope-schedule-budget, vendor management. Successfully managed multiple PM's from 3 separate vendors and extended team of 100 people to implement new public facing and enterprise serving telephony system via 11 week schedule to ensure business capability to manage fall light-up call volume at first cold snap.
Fleet Project Manager
Project Management for Fleet program implementation of CFR 73.54 Cyber Security Program. Implementation strategy development, scope-schedule-budget, site coordination. > 10M budget. Project recovery.
Consulting effort via global interviews and research to determine, document, and drive consensus regarding market current state, product expected results/applicability, and initial marketing strategy/business justification for unannounced new product developed by IBM Research.
Senior Managing Consultant
Led initial stages of IBM SmartCloud Tivoli implementation to support global ITIL based IT Helpdesk transition. IBM cloud solution planned for implementation in EU, AP, and Americas for real estate management client. Managed three vendor PMs and core internal team of 6 working for 3 Global Sponsors. Project Recovery managed through design phase.
Led Hosted Contact Center Project to envision, select, design, and implement a vendor based cloud solution for real estate management firm in 3 regions and for work at home agents and supervisors. External budget 1MM. Core internal team of 8 plus vendor PM/team. IBM Client Service Award: Summer 2012.
Contract Project Manager
Instituted and managed work for new NSSC product launch to provide physical security for Unattended Pathways Program, to be installed at nuclear power plants in response to 10CFR73.55. Worked successfully with 25 of US Nuclear industry. Client management, schedules, deliverables, vendor management. 6M of deliverables in 6 months. My work helped client to close the sale of their sole propriator business to G4S in December 2009.
Contract Project Manager
Provided corporate leadership/project management for NERC mandated Critical Infrastructure Protection CIP Cyber Security Project, including Transmission Distribution, IT, Information Security, Corporate Security, Internal Audit, and Generation. Deliverables include: Corporate CIP Standards, supporting Policies, Programs, Procedures, technologies and compliance reporting mechanisms. Over 40 compliance related locations for improved physical and electronic security, core team of 6 Directors and 11 PG E Staff, 2 consultants, and IT Project team of 10. Project recovery.
Corporate Senior Project Manager
Provided corporate leadership/project management for NRC mandated Cyber Security Project to develop and launch a Power Reactor Cyber Security Program for Exelon Nuclear. 13 locations, 50 engineering and IT project staff members. This initiative invented business processes, determined and installed required electronic and physical security mechanisms and then cataloged, ranked, and remediated all digital devices/networks associated with Exelon nuclear power reactors and related Exelon corporate networks at 10 power stations and 3 Emergency offsite facilities.
- Led efforts to improve Alliance Partner safety and work performance via process improvement and Alliance negotiations.
- Manager of Information Technology, Exelon Business Services Company, Simulator Applications Development
- Managed group of 10 simulation software developers and 4 project managers at 11 locations. Nuclear control room simulators provide a full scale true to life simulated control room at each power plant and are required for operators to maintain an NRC license to run the Nuclear Plants.
- Ranked Exceeds Expectations in first yearly review in this job led group to reduce backlog of maintenance work requests from 2000 to 200 about 20 per site and successfully directed the management of a very troubled critical simulator upgrade project.
- Managed 2M in direct personnel/equipment budget and 5-8 major improvement projects each year.
- Initiated and sustained major improvements in project management methods and risk management approaches.
Vice President of Project Management
Responsible for project management in Technical Services Division of leading market research supplier. Personally developed and launched startup PMO Processes, Service Level Agreements program and KPI metrics. Managed and developed 5 Project Managers. Position was eliminated due to downsizing.
- Responsible for initiating, designing, developing, testing and launching mission critical projects for major airline. Managed project staff and budget. Left for promotion opportunity.
- Led The Leadership Project , a project to create a business process framework for ensuring yearly and monthly leadership cycles including Strategic Planning/Objective Development, Service Level Management, Tactical Planning and Business Alignment. This project launched business Process Orientation into a division of 800 people.
- Managed Novell Managed Server Environment Project to move 300 mixed environment, client managed Novell Servers into single Novell tree including new Novell Infrastructure and server models. Testing at Novell Super Lab. Project scope also addressed TCP/IP Conversions, hardware specification, server consolidation, helpdesk improvements, field installation as well as training, process development, and organizational change.
- Directed Intrusion Detection Project to install devices at strategic locations on both inter-and intra-nets to ensure protection of all internal UAL Systems. External notification vendor provided 24-hour a day review of alerts.
Senior Project Leader
Responsible for leading two Y2K projects involving 3-tier clients/server architecture utilizing PLC, Windows NT and UNIX/Oracle for Chicago based food manufacturer with combined budget of 2 Million. Business unit closed.
Senior Controls Engineer
Named Chief Electrical Engineer for plant in 1997. Planned and implemented 23 control system projects for candy manufacturer with staff of six plus contractors and tradesmen. Managed project justification, scheduling, risk management, electrical design, change control, shutdown responsibility and systems standards. Responsible for Controls Objectives in 1997 and 1998. Left for promotion opportunity.
Shared responsibility for selection, design, installation and testing of controls portion of 12 million factory renovation for Dry Ingredient Receiving and Batching system at Dry Pet Food plant. Full time participation in MRP and Quality projects during second year. Provided day to day support, including on call duty. Left for inter-company promotion.