Extensive experience in data processing encompassing all phases of systems development life cycle SDLC , including:
- Project management PMP, CSM, ITIL and Six Sigma Greenbelt Certified, project estimating and scheduling, risk assessment and management, problem solving, personnel supervision, change management and project integration. Also, setting up project teams to meet the needs to process reengineering.
- Work environments - manufacturing, publishing, utilities, banking, insurance and airline industries, state and federal government.
- Development experience - mainframe, client server, and web-based environments including Computer Associates Process Continuum methodology and Business Engine Network methodology, Freddie Mac Delivery Model..
- Software development project management at SEI's Capability Maturity Model CMMI level 3.
- Systems saving include estimated 32,000,000 over five years for N.C. State DMV and 45,000,000 over five years for Capital One Financial Corp.
- Current Top Secret Security Clearance adjudicated 1/2009
- Current USPS Sensitive
Knowledge and Skills
Extensive knowledge in the design of a wide range of systems including Business Process Reengineering BPR .
Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of System Development Methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in managing large-scale systems and setting up teams to accomplish the needs of process reengineering.
- Extensive business analysis and advanced business analysis skills to satisfy the business needs of the user.
- Experienced in project presentation and documentation to all levels of management.
- In-depth knowledge of automated development and testing tools compliant with the IBM system environment.
- Detailed knowledge of YOURDON, RAD and AGILE methodologies and CASE tool technology.
- Hands-on experience with relational database management systems.
- Hands-on experience with PMI's PMBOK, Computer Associates Process Continuum methodology, Business Engine Network methodology Project One , Capital One's SDM, WINDOWS, DB2, CICS, COBOL II and ORACLE.
- Project Management experience with SEI's Capability Maturity Model CMM level 3.
- Extensive Project Management experience, Project Management methodology and project Integration.
- Experience in setting up PMOs and Project Management processes and best practices.
- Comprehensive experience in the complete system development life cycle methodology SDLC , including, requirement definition and management, JAD, functional design, data flow diagramming DFD , process modeling, prototyping, detail design, screen and report design, structured program specifications, unit and systems testing, and user documentation and training.
- Experience in web systems design and implementation using SYBASE Power Designer, .NET, SQL Server, Cold Fusion, JAVA Script and ORACLE database.
- Extensive experience in Software Development processes, Waterfall, Iterative, RAD, JAD, RUP and AGILE.
- Completed Six Sigma Greenbelt training.
- PMP Certified.
- CSM Certified SCRUM Master
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL Foundation Certified vs.2 and vs.3
- Experienced in Earned Value Management EVM including ANSI 748-A.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiar with DOD5000 development process.
- Familiar with DOD Horizontal Fusion
- Familiar with MS Project Server technology.
- Familiar with OMB 300 Cost Benefit Analysis
Project Manager for the FDIC O M project. This is a knowledge transfer and maintains for 74 Development Tools.
Project Manager. Worked within the VBA PMO. Responsible for four current projects from conception through closing. These projects are to dramatically shorten the processing time to process all veteran claims. The project manager process used SCRUM methodology
Project Manager. Worked within the WHS PMO. Responsible for four current projects from conception through closing. These projects are:
- Living Disaster Recovery Planning System upgrade from vs. 9.1 to vs. 10.5
- Secure File Transfer Protocol Creation and Implementation
- Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise Suite 2.5 Implementation
- SQL Server Upgrade
- Creation of WAR reports, Privacy Impact Assessment PIA , Statement of Record Notifications SORN and other management reports. Projects followed the PMBOk process.
Project Manager. Responsible for the implementation of the Advanced Post application which will be installed at all U.S. Postal sites country wide. This is a new core application which will eventually replace the current Pos One system. I can not reveal any other information due to the confidential nature of the application. My duties include Budgeting, Estimating, Project Planning, Requirements Definition, EVM, Scheduling, Status Reporting, Issues and Risk tracking, Management Review Meetings, Test Planning, Execution and Reporting, Stakeholder interfacing, JIRA, etc. Team consisted of 43 personnel.
Requirements Analyst/Project Manager at the Nuclear Risk Reduction Center. Responsible for the analysis and determination of the business requirements for the reengineered NRRC system. Also, for the Risk Management, Scope Definition, Issues Log, Project Schedule, test plans and test cases, etc. for the project
Project Manager at the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General CIO office in Falls Church, VA., responsible for the development and implementation of a PMO process within the Surgeon General CIO Office. This included following the processes of the PMI PMBOK
Project Manager/SCRUM Master at the State Department, responsible for the development and implementation of a new Leahy Vetting software system to all applicable embassies worldwide. The system is call the International Vetting Security Tracking System INVEST . This is a web based system using Metastorm/SharePoint development tools and SQL Server technology. The process required the vetting to occur at both the embassy level as well as in Washington, DC. SharePoint was used as the front-end of the system while MetaStorm was used as the vetting/management process. This project was one year in length and used a formal project management process, which I introduced, which followed the PMI PMBOK process. This was the first time the State Department had been exposed to a formal project management process including Earned Value Management EVM . This process includes, project charter, scope definition, business and systems requirements definition, communication plan, risk management plan, issues logs, requirements traceability, systems architecture, configuration management, change log and process, project schedule and tracking, test plan and test cases, status meetings and reports. Implementation plan and roll out and quality review of artifacts to assure process compliance. This project utilized the complete SDLC using AGILE SCRUM methodology. Responsible for overseeing all of the day-to-day activities of assigned client projects including planning, prioritizing, coordinating with partners, providing status to clients, resource planning, interviewing, preparing budgets and managing employees. This project required constant communication and management of key stakeholder through out the SDLC process. Held daily Scrum meetings with development team. This application was implemented in 196 embassies around the world.
Program Manager at the HUD Office of the Inspector General's office. Responsibility is working closely with the OIG CIO in organizing and the installation of ITIL processes for the management of the OIG infrastructure. This includes the Certification and Accreditation of the Infrastructure. The refreshing and rolling out of 700 PCs, becoming HSPD-12 compliant, the centralization of critical databases and the modification of the associated software and the conversion from LOTUS NOTES to MS Exchange Server and also contributed to the Configuration Management effort.. Also the writing of SLAs and the establishment of measurable metrics and the establishment of a Seat Management Bonus Plan.
Project Manager for the following projects for the Defense Travel Management Office DTMO . The Analysis of alternatives for the Commercial Travel Information Management CTIM project, the assessment of the travel card program project, and the study and installation of an enterprise content management ECM tool. All of these alternatives consisted of COTS products.
Duties included Earned Value Management EVM including analysis of variances and calculations of CPI, SPI, and EAC calculations.
Program Manager to the IRS Command Center in Martinsburg, WV. to develop processes and procedures in compliance within ITIL framework for the Service Delivery Command Center in Martinsburg, WV. Charter includes establishing processes and training of IRS Command Center personnel. Created and implemented Event management and Problem Management processes before the end of the contract period. Also, trained 50 command center and COTR personnel. As a result of our efforts, Command Center personnel were able to more effectively manage events. Also, The Command Center requested NG furnish an additional nine systems administrators to assist in managing events. Managed 6 direct reporting personnel
Project Manager at Freddie Mac, Operations and Technology Division, Financial and Corporate BIS Department. Current projects are Ex-Post Monthly Release 2 3 and Ex-Post Monthly History Processing which are data warehouse projects reporting on the profitability of the Single Family Line of Business. These are new development project using the following technology: DataStage, DB2, UNIX Server, WINDOWS Server, MicroStrategy and the Corporate Data Warehouse. The project management process is Freddie Mac Delivery Model FTD . Resulting for the first time, projects managed on schedule and within budget. These projects also required following their SOX review process. This project included monitoring work, scheduling meetings, documentation, status reviews, program reviews, and quality assurance review.
Principle Consultant to the FBI IT Dept. Member of the Office of IT Policy and Planning group within the IT department of the FBI. Charter is to bring project management discipline to the FBI IT department. This effort included Earned Value Management disciplines. Responsibilities include mentoring FBI P.M.s, monitoring costs, schedules and risk of appropriate IT projects. Resulting in projects executing on schedule and within budget. Duties included mentoring the FBI PMs on the concept of Earned Value Management EVM . This included monitoring the assigned project for cost and schedule variances and the calculations of CPI, SPI and EAC.
Project Manager/Analyst for applications for the U.S. Army Special Operations Command at Ft. Bragg North Carolina. I was also responsible for establishing project management, PMO, and CMMI disciplines within the Titan Systems Fayetteville office development group. Applications were web based, Windows 2003, ASP.NET and SQL Server. Managed a data warehousing project. Resulting for the first time in project being on schedule and within budget. These projects covered the complete SDLC.