Project Manager Consultant
IT Security Project Manager
Project Manager for US Airways/American Airlines network security integration projects. Worked across multiple teams and locations to establish program/project dependency, priority and analysis of security infrastructure, software and services. Managed teams to complete proof of concept, high level project design and schedule.
IT Security Project Manager
- Project Manager for global security consulting firm working with security specialists to determine organizations potential for exploitation through penetration testing and enterprise security infrastructure and security policies. Identified vulnerabilities that could be used to breach security. Facilitated out brief presentations to client and worked with security specialist to propose remediation solutions.
- Managed multiple IT security projects in parallel for application, mobile, web, infrastructure, social engineering and social networking
- Facilitated client and third party meetings to address security concerns, threats and breaches
- Worked with client on remediation and resolution of potential security threats
ITSM Project Manager
- Project Manager for global IT service management program, moving client from Remedy to ServiceNow, based on industry best practices in an ITIL Methodology. Managed project plan for implementation of new ITSM software, worked with internal security team to define cadence for compliance audits and scheduling of third party penetration testing.
- Worked with Change Management to schedule security and compliance requirements into release
- Completed application analysis for CMDB build and updated enterprise architecture
- Worked with user groups to identify service groups and define international user roles for ServiceNow
- Release Manager for insurance services and employee benefits applications and websites. Developed release management processes using agile for a new customer and client website as well as streamline existing release timing, processes and documentation.
- Developed, managed and socialized implementation plans, validated collision control in change management meetings, and worked with build and release teams to assign tasks and package code for release
- Managed release from start to completion compiling release notes, scheduling enhancements into release timelines, facilitated release conference bridges, accountable for check-point meetings, and providing escalation when needed
- Managed full SDLC for up to eight parallel projects 600K and less in a waterfall/agile environment
IT Security Project Manager
- Created processes and managed releases consisting of all hardware, software development and customer facing web pages for target.com.
- Managed movement between environments, including analysis of collision control, attending formal change board meetings and compiling implementation plans and release notes
- Developed and document processes for release and change management, including facilitating work sessions to compile process documents, manage dependencies and changes going into production, and align with business units
Dotcom IT Security Project Manager
- Worked within the clients PMO managing the SEM security event monitoring vertical track on a 250 million-dollar ecommerce agile project to define security metrics for housing target.com infrastructure.
- Drove global team of security specialists to complete a full threat analysis to produce requirements for site application source code and infrastructure
- Facilitated security requirements sessions with client as well as third party SaaS vendors
- Managed security on-boarding for all in-scope OS, Apps, infrastructure and databases using Arcsight
- Worked with third party vendor on rollout, business rules and hardening of all servers for target.com
- Managed all third party integrations for a dotcom platform upgrade. This included working with vendors to support platform integration for multichannel retail ordering system.
- Managed deliverables and vendor relationships for software products and consulting services
- Completed analysis, technical functional specs, support documents, manage project plans and timelines
- Partnered with business leadership providing a single point of contact within IT for dotcom web analytics, marketing, and social network applications
- Designed and implemented an automated taxonomy request process, tracking system, and reporting structure for Best Buy dotcom using InfoPath and SharePoint. Deliverables included forming a taxonomy governance committee responsible for merging taxonomy, attributes and facets to form a navigation discipline within Dotcom Duties included:
- Worked with third party taxonomy consultant to design a strategic search engine and classify all website content into a hierarchical structure
- Interfaced with the business teams to manage the complexity and interdependencies associated with delivering a holistic navigation process
- Worked with Microsoft to develop and code a taxonomy request system with workflow routing, taxonomy assignments, and reporting structure
- Worked within the organization to implement a new business model designed to increase revenue by dramatically changing the structure of the business model, also building capabilities and processes to drive efficiencies, improve effectiveness and fuel growth. Accomplishments include:
- Led PMO for the successful enterprise transformation successfully drove project effort and compiled work-stream status report to executive dashboard
- Designed, created and administrated SharePoint sites for Board of Directors, executives, operating groups and individual work-streams
- Led the test pilot of a non-standard business model aimed at improving current products and generating ideas for new services and products. This project came in under budget and had higher margins than estimated. Duties included:
- Completed market research and trend analysis with data from pilot, managed project budget, completed executive dashboards and status reports
Provided telecommunication consulting services for businesses requesting solutions evaluated business processes and designed infrastructure and supporting applications to meet customer's needs.
Best Buy Retail Store Project: Managed a five year 25 million dollar project consisting of designing and implementing a telecommunications solution for new stores, remodels and resets. Deliverables included a successful completion of the cable plant, PBX installation and voice response applications for stores across the United States. Managed nation-wide project timelines, milestones, detailed scope of work, and all project documentation.