- As a highly competent systems engineer, I have had a wide range of experience in Computer Information Systems. Working for IBM on the American Express account, I have been involved in approximately 100 projects ranging from web applications, database reporting and Citrix infrastructure implementation.
- Starting from the bottom floor as helpdesk personnel I have risen to systems engineer and technical architect. I will continue to quickly learn and improve no matter the role I take on.
- Personal strengths
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Systems analysis
- Structured analysis
- Technical project management
- Commitment to life long learning and educational development
- Can adapt to any network or application and learn quickly
- Works best in the team environment to not just meet, but to exceed business goals
- Provide excellent customer service
- Root cause analysis
- Technology Focus
- Microsoft Server OS 2000, 2003, 2008 R2 and 2012.
- Microsoft Clustering 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2012.
- Citrix Infrastructure Design and Administration.
- IIS Web Application Support.
- Active Directory and Group Policy.
- VMware Administration.
- Network Application Performance and Troubleshooting
Perform monitoring of production applications to identify performance issues and perform troubleshooting for issues identified. Monitoring through Wylie CA Technologies Dashboard, and the use of Microsoft PerfMon by building specific reports. Permormance monitoring of Citrix farm applications and troubleshooting. Making recommendations to internal customers in order to resolve current issues. Manage ServiceNow team ticket queue and serve as main point of contact for top severity Sev1 trouble tickets. Resolve issues according to SLA requirements. Documentation of all the work done using Visio, Excel and MS.
Current Role Environment Command and Control Systems Administrator
Technical: Microsoft Server 2008/2012, Active Directory GPO managment and troubleshooting, Citrix XenApp 5.0 configuration, monitoring and performance, SAN IBM, EMC configuration, IBM Lotus Notes, Microsoft Performance Monitor, Wylie Performance Dashboard,monitoring through PerfMon, SharePoint, Web App monitoring and troubleshooting, ManageNow, Web server administration, MS Vision, Excel and Word.
- Managing service ticket queue, Monitoring of production applications and Citrix farm performance, Problem analysis and resolution for production applications and Citrix farm. Network monitoring, performance and troubleshooting.
- Citrix Farm Administration: Configuration and monitoring of Citrix farm applications through Citrix XenApp 5.0. Administer Citrix business traffic load through Citrix load evaluator. Maintaining Client side permissions for Citrix applications through Xendesktop 5.5. Publishing new applications to existing Citrix farm utilizing company wide deployment strategies. Monitoring user sessions and roaming profile maintenance, Proactively monitor the health and performance of Citrix environments to maintain optimal performance.
- Web server administration: Installing and renewing existing SLL certificates and kebros authentication, Writing powershell scripts to automate tasks, SharePoint infrastructure use and administration.
Perform systems administration and project engineering in a three tiered environment for IBM at American Express. Provide excellent support for business partners and development teams.
Roles Migration Engineer Transition Engineer Server Systems Administration Global Server Systems Project Delivery, Virtual Server Systems Admin, Web Engineer
Technical: Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2012, Implementing and troubleshooting Microsoft Cluster for SQL, SharePoint and application clusters. Configuration of SAN storage through Veritas Enterprise Administrator GUI 5.1. Active Directory and GPO administration through Microsoft and Quest tool. Web application configuration utilizing IIS 5.0, 6.0, 7.5, installing SSL certificates and working kebros authentication, SSO Single Sign On , CA Siteminder.
- Citrix Infrastructure: Build out for new data center, 2000 server farm, architect for large scale Citrix applications utilizing Xenapp 4.5, 5.0 and Xendesktop 5.0 and 5.5
- Data Center Migration: Working on physical data center relocation project. Migration and administration of grouped applications and their servers SQL DB, WEB, WEB/APP, Citrix server farm . Day to day administration of servers being prepared for migration, Security patch management to ensure server is ready for migration. Catalog all configurations so they can be reconfigured in either a new virtual mobility boundary, installed on new physical server, or inserted in a new Citrix farm and rezoned. Methodologies utilized: virtual to virtual SRDF replication , physical to virtual, physical re-install, back and restore, lift and ship physicals. Active directory and group policy migration for new server containers.
- IIS Web Administration: Configuration and authentication utilizing SSO CA siteminder , Trouble shoot CA Siteminder, Build out new web applications, work with SLL certificates, set up new application pools and vitrual directories.
- Midrange Transformation MRT Lead: Configuration and administration of production applications for migration to a virtual platform. Configuring new servers in VMWare and moving the existing production application.
- Build large scale Citrix farm, set up Citrix data store, Xenapp 4.5 and 5.0
- Set up Xendesktop 5.0 and 5.5 for user desktop adminitration
- Manage a multiple project schedule in a virtual home office environment.
- Increased knowledge of systems administration and management as it functions in the IAmerican Express environment.
- Delivery of customer service while staying with in service level agreements, address customer escalation issues to provide high degree of project delivery service.
- Responsible for over sixty Microsoft servers in varying roles that include: web servers, application servers, Citrix server farm, database clusters SQL .
- Engineer web environment, install and configure new web applications Cognos, Crystal Reports, Actuate , Single Sign-On technology SSO, CA Siteminder , Microsoft Sharepoint, Blackberry, RightFax 8.5, Document Imaging.
- NT 4.0 and server 2000 to Server 2003 Migration Project, management of 45 separate application migration projects to server 2003.
- Transform legacy server 2000 physical applications to new server 2003 virtual platforms., 145 separate physical applications were migrated to virtual servers.
- Production web application admninistrator, SSO CA Siteminder
Perform network operations and maintenance, Provide internal customer service through technology support, new systems research and implementation.
Roles Support Profession Level II
Desktop support level II, Server Administration NT 4.0 and Server 2000. Security patch management for all server systems, Security patch management for all desktops, VAX Main Frame support for terminal emulation applications. Build physical server hardware and desktops.
- Desktop migration Project Manager for NT 4.0 to Microsoft 2000 Pro, Involved approximately 500 workstations.
- Direct involvement in building hardware and implementation of new OS.
- Direct involvement of building and configuring new NT4.0 and 2000 servers.
- Network Security Project Manager, Researched infrastructure design and implemented McAfee E Policy Orchestrator. Result: significant increase in network security and better customer service through single point of administration.
- Implemented WSUS systems to endure all desktop and servers stay at proper security patch level. Result: Significant increase in network security.
- Implementation of Systems Update Services to provide single administration point in the management of Microsoft security updates and patch management.
- Use of active directory in day to day operations.