- Over 17 years of experience in IT project management, analysis, solution design, and implementation of government, private and commercial telecomm sectors. This includes over 11 years of hands on Project Management experience that includes PMI methodology CMMI level 2 3 process areas, Agile methodology and ITIL service delivery. Integration migration experience, multiple years of engineering team/task leadership experience in complex secured network environments, and implementing wide area connections. Executing Change Management, Software Application System Development, and Configuration Management. Key government sectors include: DOD, DHS, HHS, and US Postal services.
- Experience in Program Project Management on various Information Technology projects on both local, state and Federal government levels, telecommunications, healthcare IT and biotech/pharmaceutical industries. Key project management experiences includes: planning projects to meet quality, scope, and schedule milestone deliverables for process management. Planning and managing work deliverables, sponsor/stakeholder expectations, risk management and changes for large, complex, strategic projects. Identifying and resolving issues as well as being accountable for tracking and analyzing project performance against the schedule baseline to ensure project success. Providing leadership, strategic direction including managing, guiding and retaining key resources. Managing multi-discipline staff and cross-functional teams to ensure that SLA's Service Level Agreements are met. Defining and developing CMMI processes and procedures for work efficiencies within the System Software development lifecycle SDLC stages, its framework for code delivery schedule and budget forecasting. Commanding a thorough understanding of customer requirements in terms of company's initiatives and building strong customer-focused teams to deliver. Ensuring overall customer satisfaction of assigned accounts, overseeing the timeliness and quality of products and services delivered to customers. Furthermore, ensuring stakeholders of the team work effectively with stakeholders to accomplish project goals and deliverables.
- Experienced in network operations, engineering, data center integration and migration/move, and overall IT infrastructure optimization. Key experiences includes: Planning and managing the process of building noc data center facilities in addition to aligning activities to meet departmental/company goals and priorities. Establishing requirements to design build and implement plans for building data centers,call centers, san storage, and large scale back ups. Reviewing and approving customer/vendor Govt' proposals to delivery of managed services for the end client. Supporting high availability environments such customer call centers that require 24x7x365 uptime including the network infrastructure and all database applications with fellow project managers, engineers, and systems administrators in a cross-sectional matrix environment, ensuring proper operation flow and maintenance.
- Led strategic and tactical changes in regard to opportunity assessment, solutioning, alternatives analysis, and procurement and business case development. Helped build business process modeling and redesign. Analyzed software selection and vendor management evaluations. Implemented project's components of Agile and its requirements gathering, design, testing, rollout via ongoing scrum calls and sprint planning reviews. Proven to resolve business problems and research to identify appropriate technology solutions while possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation preparation and delivery skills. The ability to drive business case development costs, benefits, return on investment, procurement and the ability to work with personnel at all levels within the client organization, from subject matter experts through executive level.
Portfolio Program Manager/Consultant Confidential
- supported services to assist with USPS software development projects
- following USPS Program Management Process Guidelines and Agile methodology to bring a focused discipline to the management of programs, activities, and initiatives
- handled a variety of unique tasks assigned by the Customer Relations Portfolio and client Program Manager to the business end-user and the USPS IT PMO office
- attended ongoing daily scrum calls and sprint planning review sessions to adhere to Agile methodology for software development and enhancement application systems
- obtained updates from all the stakeholders by coordinating and facilitating meetings to discuss all ongoing risks, open issues and planned activities
- developed high level status reports, business needs statements, content mangement updates, ROMS, milestone updates and executive power point presentations
- supported site deployments which included developing deployment plans, project schedules and gannt charts for all postal contact center technologies
- outlined project plans and communicated technical information to key stakeholders by presenting technical and non-technical program updates to key other vendors, internal senior management and USPS PMO services group
- responsible for all project related budget for semi-annual price change initiatives
Program Manager Consultant - Healthcare IT for Confidential
- supported day to day QA/QC program management and its initiatives defined by the Healthcare Reform act and implementing it's exchange mandates, regulations and guidelines
- followed SDLC and state PMO government process standards including: Level of Efforts LOEs , Quality Stage Gates reviews, Documentation, SharePoint consolidation and Signoff approvals.
- communicated and Coordinated with centralized organizations and programs for MD DHR and it's healthcare IT programs as medical assistance, adoption, child support, Medicaid Management Information Systems MMIS , energy assistance and Medicare/Medicaid Services CMS systems in accordance COB R Coordinator of Benefits and Recovery
- worked with Xerox PMO and executive management to adhere the overall business objective of strategic data infrastructure to enable the rollout plan and retire complex legacy infrastructure to support the newly created healthcare IT related website consolidations while working within CMMI level 3 framework.
- responsible for developing business cases for programs and projects, interfacing with internal stakeholders across the enterprise in support of the overall support of PMO initiatives
- worked with local state agencies and vendors to define and execute the program by facilitating, driving discussions, decisions between quality, cost, resources, scope and time.
- managed overall team and provided strategic guidance on projects, key documentation, action items, attending key executive meetings, test metrics, and identifying all risks and issues.
- worked with the IT Leadership within SDLC for the implementation of highly complex, large scale, strategic IT and program initiatives with long range strategic plans in place for the state of MD DHR main website.
- supervised Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Business Analysts, SME's and techinical writers while providing performance feedback and conducted quarterly performance assessments for all resources under my team.
- managed the overall program direction and it's projects through the design, implementation and testing in accordance with enterprise project lifecycle EPLC , CMMI level 3
Program Manager/Contractor- Confidential
- overseen several complex projects that included all major LAN/WAN upgrades for all remote client sites including Medimunne headquarters, exchange, blackberry upgrades, IP telephony, network monitoring and data center moves
- areas of PM responsibility included learning client IT processes systems, budgeting, change management, receivables, asset management, PMPoint a SharePoint based PM system and fulfilling service delivery manager role
- conducted resource planning, resource requests, service requests, budgeting, oracle time expenses while runing weekly program/project status meetings, and updating weekly project issues risks
- maintained MS project plan and updated accruals and rolling budget in SAP
- demonstrated a clear understanding of each client organization's needs for future scalability while demonstrating strategic overview with cleint IT Director to ensure success with each scheduled upgrade, application cutover and maintenance periods
- responsible for supporting and adhering to Medimmune's problem, incident, change, capacity and management with IT QA/QC processes coinciding federal biotech pharmaceutical mandates
Director- Enterprise Best Practices- Confidential
- facilitated CMMI process areas in a cross-collaboration setting across multiple project and functional area departments to ensure quality to project's repeatable processes that allowed Metters to meet its first ever CMMI achievement
- followed CMMI, PMP, and ITIL methodologies that included gathering metrics on requirements analysis, process/product quality assurance, measurement analysis, supplier agreement management, project planning, and project monitoring control
- successful operation and execution of multiple small to large scale Federal Government projects for DHS, HHS, SAMHSA and DOD IT related programs
- managed several staff members from various groups within software development, IT operations and functional support staff within the corporate headquarters to help implement industry best practices such as secure electronic documentation storage, implement PAL process asset library , intranet build out, updating all internal policies procedures and successfully instituting workflows for various internal departments
- served as the lead internal appraiser for CMMI by coordinating and conducting all gap analysis reviews with all project managers, configuration managers, software developers, business analysts, quality assurance testers and appraisal team members while ensuring that all SP and GP process areas are met for .net, HTML, COTS and sharepoint.
- communicated on a weekly basis via executive management meetings, participated in proposal meetings, teaming agreements, storyboarding, white papers, forecast financial department budget for upcoming fiscal year, coordinate internal training for various teams and functional area groups to improve on its industry best practice goals initiatives.
Sr.Project Manager- Confidential
- facilitated collaboration across multiple stakeholders from initiating the contract statement of work to formal project acceptance and closeout while driving multiple delivery tasks from engineering, testing and operations located within the Technical Service Directorate Team in support of TSA.
- followed SDLC to operations datacenter migration, engineering, meeting management expectations into a detailed WBS for large scale projects such as Mircrosoft redesign which consists of upgrading all of 78,000 end users onto the latest Microsoft OS environment without any service interruption on the client end.
- responsible for successful completion and execution of multiple small to large scale Federal Government projects stemming from RTOPS request for task order proposals that ranged from LAN/WAN/SAN, Microsoft servers, CDMS environment enhancements/upgrades of existing infrastructure supporting new products/business, full blown build-outs, application deployments and data center migrations.
- interacted within an matrixed environment such as engineering, security, operations, product/program/business managers and project controllers that includes technical documentation and periodic budget/resource project plan updates to senior executive management and chief technology officer CTO .
- performed earned value management EVM that involved high level quanitative qualitative risk analysis to assess program effectiveness, performance measurement, contingency plans and workarounds on Deltek Open plan project management suite
- coordinated and led weekly status meetings with the client to facilitate activities, assessment of appropriate technologies, solution designs, vendor selections, and current state of project scheduled milestones within the Sharepoint 2010, SQL databases, java, .net and COTS projects
- led, developed and managed project status documentation, communications on a weekly basis with it's follow ups via multiple reporting platforms such as MS Project, Sharepoint, and Deltek Open suite.
Sr.Project Manager Consultant - Confidential
- responsible for managing complex software projects throughout all phases of the
- development lifecycle of the SLDC through production implementation to client
- review sponsor requests, strategic reviews and gathering assessments.
- established program/project schedules while providing status reporting which included financial statistics,finance budget requirements and expenditures while coordinate high-level VP-Director meetings, JADs to identify, resolve various technical,functional, outstanding resource related issues to review FSD functional specifications
- hosted project meetings with stakeholders of various functional levels to provide guidance to help develop and maintain strong relationships with the business sponsor end client billing systems.
- assisted with systems development, testing, planning, standard of business requirements, order of magnitude, level of effort, identifying numerous system functionality impacts, change controls, it's targeted software release dates, portfolio labor/capital assets, levels of effort, and interface control documents ICD'S
- supported the network implementation and management of DOD
- programs such as DISA, DREN Defense Research and Engineering Network while working closely with network operations engineers, support group/vendors to address complex juniper and cisco routing network issues that required 2nd/3rd level and TAC support.
- tracked project schedules for change management and
- report metrics to analyze critical path milestones that includes
- hardware, software provisioning process, and code upgrades
- responsible for engineering processes, technical procedures and
- documentation to ensure contractual budget SLA requirements are fully met
- operated and maintained all proprietary network databases and Web-hosting applications to enable utilization tools for all military service delivery sites SDP's while ensuring that all system database developmental tools met and exceeded customer's expectations without compromising network security and privacy
- reported all ongoing status directly to Senior Program manager in addition to
- running weekly internal and external calls with the customer PMO and technical staff
Account Liaison/Project Manager- Confidential
- presented infrastructure drawings of all analyzed network environment in a 3-tier environment while held accountable for all training, technical procedures, documentation and project duties performed current, future architecture scalability, gap analysis and risk management, identified key metrics for network environments for future capacity planning provided tier-level customer support for large reseller accounts such as Ameritech, Peoplesoft, Compuserve, AOL, psinet and GTE
- established NOC to NOC guidelines from UUNET to the reseller's 24 x 7 operations and wrote technical post-mortems on all network related outages while providing on site customer training operation procedures, network topology,
- network architecture and all network operational call center guidelines to meet SLA's maintained and provided customer database implementation of all new data while ensuring all network engineers closely followed set operational guidelines
- performed a Microsoft project baseline assessment to create work breakdown structure and created an accurate map of the infrastructure in place for all reseller networks led a highly technical staff providing network, call center services and network design
NOC related services that included:
- developed perl scripts to capture events/alarms to efficiently measure downtime
- configured SNMP Netcool , status polling and filters.
- documented all critical events on remedy ticketing system to a central point of
- monitoring of all network and data storage devices.