Senior IT Program Manager with over 25 years of successful project and program management experience, over 20 years of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence industry leadership, delivering large, complex IT solutions, to Fortune 500 companies and Government agencies. Big-5 experience as a Director in the Financial Services, Capital Markets, Data Warehouse practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP. GSA experience, serving as contract program manager DHS, ICE, FDIC, DOT managing projects at the agency level up to 340M with teams up to 150 strong. Developed an agency acquisition strategy to consolidate all O M contracts into a virtualized architecture with annualized savings of about 30 . Creator of two reference architectures for the Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing community e.g. High Availability Business Intelligence Data Warehousing Architecture, and eCRM Core Architecture for PWC Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence practices. Over 25 years experience with project management methodologies including: Agile, RAD, RUP, ITIL, CMMI, Forefront, PWC, JAD, SCRUM, AGIL, and Waterfall. 15 year proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, and Visio. When considering me for a PM position , I prefer to concurrently serve the positions of Data Architect and Solutions Architect as well and will provide Security, Risk, and Compliance roles if needed on the project.
| || |
Enterprise Data Warehouse Project Manager
for the State of Washington, designing a State Educational Longitudinal Data warehouse System, combining education systems information from all four SLDS P20 Sectors Early childhood K-12, Higher Education, and Workforce . Worked with education research analysts to design the PRO Person/Role/Organization model, peculiar to P20 education performance tracking and forecasting. Implemented Data Mining capabilities through the use of SAS Enterprise Miner and Informatica PowerCenter, Data Quality, PowerExchange and MDM.
for the State of Maryland Central Collection Unit in Baltimore, MD through Matrix Systems. Designed a statewide debt collection solution, web portals, data warehouse with business intelligence front end, payment gateway, mail handling, and call center solution using unified communications. Walked the client through an information lifecycle capture process and used the output to build information policy requirements that included Legal Hold and secure treatment of sensitive information, governance, and compliance.
Financial Services IT Program Manager - Florida's Turnpike Enterprise, Boca Raton, FL through MODIS Consulting.
- Architected and implemented the most advanced Data Warehouse in the world and broke the world record for stretched clusters and long distance SAN mirrors at 1/10th the cost of conventional data warehouse architectures. Brought the FTE architecture into PCI compliance in less than 90 days.
- Totally rebuilt data center with double the original power and capacity.
- Program Management of IT projects for Finance, Business Intelligent Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Vendor Negotiations and Hardware and Software Acquisition, Payment Gateway Project Credit Card Level 1 Merchant , Data Center Architecture and Implementation and Basel III joint analysis with Bank of America.
- Business Intelligence Center of Excellence Cognos 8 , Enterprise ETL Center of Excellence Informatica 9 , Oracle 11g, Enterprise SOA Center of Excellence SUN/CAPS/SeeBeyond
- Data Architecture, Technical Architecture, Standards, and Compliance.
Program Manager Contract Capture Pre Award. Created a PMO and developed a contract implementation plan based on PMBOK. Managed partner relationships and assisted them in preparations for the award.
for GSA/FEDSIM. Managed contracts to implement dual data centers for DOT at the new DOT Headquarters Building at the Southeast Federal Center in Washington, DC. Created a new strategy for agencies to consolidate all O M contracts in to a single GWAC and save 30 a year in operational costs, while transforming their IT infrastructure through virtualization. Managed the consolidation of all IT Operations and Maintenance contracts 341MM for the FDIC with Basil II compliance, reducing their annual O M costs by over 24MM. Helped to design and implement a Homeland Secure Data Network architecture and procurement for the Department of Homeland Security approximately 350 MM and the acquisition of DHS Forensic LIMS Laboratory Information Management Systems .
Principal of Technical Advisory Services, LLC, providing technical advisory services to the C-level of Fortune 500. Serving as Trusted Advisor to the CIO and CTO of the second largest reinsurance company in the world. Re-architected and replaced the worldwide corporate network. Implemented new security practices and Wi-Fi capabilities. Implemented a global PeopleSoft 8 financial system with full Data Warehouse and enterprise reporting. Extended HA High Availability capabilities across all critical financial applications. Implementing a methodology that I created Follow The Sun for transferring of primary processing from data center to data center, to allow for local processing during daylight hours, around the globe, with reduced redundancy and active failover, greatly improved standardization across data centers and improved business practices and security policies.
experience, Senior Director at PriceWaterhouseCoopers PWC Consulting in the Management Consulting Services, Information Technology Services, Financial Services Practice and US Master Architect. As a trusted advisor to CxO's at Fortune 500 clients, provided intervention and guidance at all levels of these corporation helping them to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage while simplifying, securing and reducing overhead costs of IT operations. Provided project and technical guidance to the IRS Taxpayer EDW over the past two years, working with IBM GS, TRW and members of the IRS. Intimately familiar with many of the systems, infrastructure and issues around the IRS Taxpayer EDW. As the top technologist of at PWC for over 5 years, lead several technology based initiatives that resulted in the creation of new sub-practices around the following: Security, Enterprise Systems Management ESM , Extract Transform Load ETL , Enterprise Application Integration EAI , Data Warehousing, Customer Relationship Management CRM , Business Intelligence BI , Enterprise Performance Management EPM , Management Dashboards MD , Risk Management RM , Anti-money Laundering AML , Patriot's Act, Basil II and Operational Risk. A synopsis of projects follows:
- ACE INA PeopleSoft 8 all modules Program Manager. Led the Global implementation across 60 countries with PS HR, PS FS with EPM and PS CRM, Sun servers with EMC SAN, Oracle 8i, PeopleSoft Financials with EPM, Brio for reporting, SAP check processing, Sungard Treasury system. Led the data center outsourcing procurement with award to IBM Global Services. Designed and implemented the 1st certified HA High Availability implementation of PeopleSoft Financials at ACE INA. Presented this achievement to over 400 C level IT executives from around the world at the Veritas Vision 2002 in Dallas, Texas.
- AON Program Manager - PeopleSoft 8 FS HR upgrade and consolidation into a centralized global implementation with Sungard Treasury system. Uses SUN servers with EMC SAN and Oracle 8i.
- APC Project Manager. Designed and implemented a Financial Reporting Data Warehouse with the first implementation of Distributed Essbase implemented across 3 countries . Implemented Oracle Financials using Oracle 8i, on HP 150 servers, with an EMC 3340 SAN.
- Aventis Project Manager. Designed and delivered a Global Data Warehouse, 32 staff at over 100MM budget. Provided clinical trial data with a CRM centric design, under budget and ahead of schedule.
- AXA Financial Advisors Project Manager for a Financial Reporting Data Warehouse collecting and delivering financial data across 50 countries of the world. This financial reporting system collects data from every type of system conceivable and integrates it into an ODS on IBM mainframes that share a common EMC SAN with the data warehouse on Oracle 8i on Sun servers, delivering over 1tb/hour data transfer rates. This system was written entirely within the Informatica ETL tool, without a single line of code and reduced a 6 week process to 6 hours.
- Project Manger and RISK SME. Designed a risk management data warehouse to address operational risk, AML and Patriot's act requirements, using IBM mainframes with DB2 and Webshpere.
- COACH Redesigned and implemented a sales and marketing multi-dimensional database / Cube and replatformed Hyperion Essbase on Sun servers with EMC storage.
- Designed an Enterprise Data Warehouse with architecture .
- PeopleSoft 8 FS HR re-architecture and global deployment managing 55 Staff over 100MM project doubled the processing proficiency of the existing system by over 200 while working with PeopleSoft 7.5 to modify their design and code. Many of these changes went into PeopleSoft 8. Introduced newer enterprise servers and EMC SAN to greatly improve performance and systems recovery.
- Deutsche Bank Led a staff of 5 in a Data Warehouse project Audit. Identified serious risks to the project and provided a roadmap to recovery for the project, detailing means and methods to save this project, run by a major RDBMS vendor.
Project manager and senior technical architect on a financial reporting Data Warehouse. Built upon SUN servers with Oracle 8i, with Cognos Impromptu PowerPlay.
Program Manager. eCRM implementation with global Data Warehouse, Sales Marketing supporting the Web Bank. This involved the coordination of over 32 major IT vendor products to include: Siebel, BroadVision, ePiphany, Evoke, Veritas, Macromedia, Unveil, Cognos, Blaze, Embarcadero, Business Objects, One Name, Simplement, EMC, Oracle, iPlanet, Sun, BEA, Informatica, Network Appliances, Dell, Microsoft, CrossWorlds IBM , SAS, Interwoven, Documentum, and many others. This was one of the most advanced eBusiness implementations of its time and integrated the call center along with web, pda's and cell phone WAP .
Project Manager and Enterprise Architect. Designed and managed the implementation of a distributed LDAP capability, which reduced annual production support costs by over 1,000,000 dollars.
Project Manager. Led the design and implementation of the first HIIPA compliant enterprise data warehouse, using Oracle XML capabilities around an ASP Application Service Provider model. This allowed HIG to assess their product portfolios from a risk Basel II perspective.
- Program Director - Superior methodology, DW design and Architecture won this 150MM data warehouse project away from the IRS PRIME contractor. The first Oracle data warehouse designed to exceed 1 PB.
- PeopleSoft Program Director formed a group of vendors Oracle, EMC, CISCO Veritas to build the first certified High Availability implementation of PeopleSoft products in the world. Implemented at ACE Ina world's 2nd largest reinsurer . Was the basis for the eCRM core architecture that was later adapted by all PWC practices worldwide.
- Warner Lambert built the Clinical Trials Global Data Warehouse using Sun servers with Oracle 8i and EMC SAN with Cognos PowerPlay Impromptu for reporting. All processing was automated through the use of the Informatica ETL tool.