Accomplished Information Technology Manager with 20 years of demonstrated career success implementing optimal utilization of technologies. Leadership experience in network technologies, centralized and distributed technology operations, and project portfolio management with ability to improve operations and increase efficiency. Energetic, analytical, detail-oriented with high integrity and passion for finding cost controls. Effectively manages people, projects, and drives service improvement while developing strong managers and technical staff.
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Director, IT Technical Operations
- Promoted to Director position in six months. Provided transformational leadership to 7x24x365 multiple data center operations, NOC, Enterprise Help Desk, and Network / Voice engineering staff. Became Interim Manager of server / storage team for six months.
- Trained staff on project management methodology for networking projects including multi-million dollar refresh of Cisco equipment in stores and headquarters, enterprise-wide 15,000 phone Cisco VOIP virtualization / software upgrade, and video technology implementation in stores.
- Selected and delivered strategic network security, access controls, and secured transactions.
- Charged to gain control of over 15M annual IT hardware / software maintenance expenses by reviewing and documenting all recurring expenses. Implemented cost control and renewal control programs saving 500K in first year. Implemented software asset management stopping costly software audits.
- Created an IT three year roadmap to strategically plan technology upgrades and data center resources required.
- Implemented continuous improvement by encouraging creative thinking and updating legacy processes.
- Upgraded change management process and established weekly CAB meetings to improve communication.
- Eliminated inefficiencies in data centers by consolidating, optimizing equipment and resources. Managed all vendor relationships.
Director, IT Operations IT Service Delivery Consultant
- Provided leadership, project management, and service delivery for 3500 users, 5000 devices, and 500 servers in a campus environment. Responsible for teams supporting Windows Server Administration, Red Hat Server Administration, Telecommunications, Network Infrastructure, Data Center Strategy and Operations, End User Service Delivery, Asset Management, and IT Security policy compliance.
- Applied ITIL and Project Management methods to establish program-specific processes supporting service design, transition, operations, and improvements globally.
- Monitored and improved quality of service through metrics, seeking continuous improvement of overall operations of infrastructure and end user service delivery.
- Project Manager and functional development lead for implementation of ITIL ServiceNow software utilized for service requests, incident, change, problem, and configuration management.
- Managed 24x7 infrastructure systems in data centers across the globe. Provided project priorities to GE maintaining a clear technology strategy, forecasting appropriate staffing plans and delivered within budget constraints.
- Provided leadership for all technology supporting multiple locations, clients, and 1000 users nationwide. Actively managed numerous projects under different technology platforms including mainframe, midrange, and 500 servers. Managed teams for Server / Storage Administration, Mainframe Administration, ITIL Service Management, Data Center Operations, Network / Security Operations Center NOC / SOC , audit / control, security compliance, and eligibility processing.
- Implemented an ITIL service management system creating standard operating procedures and workflows for incident, change, problem and configuration management.
- Performed business analysis, recommendations, and changes in eligibility workflow / procedures increasing staff productivity and accuracy.
- Implemented daily intrusion detection checks and two factor authentication for servers and databases.
- Established baselines and alert notifications for hardware / software outages improving service levels. Up-time for systems increased to 99.99 . Utilized Virtual Center for virtual environments.
- Effectively developed, integrated new enterprise solutions: encryption, secure FTP file transfer, security scanning, EDI, B2B, replication, SAN management, and performance monitoring
- Developed, implemented security and systems management tool reducing overspending on software licenses, automating OS security patches, and providing vulnerability management.
- Embraced VMWARE technology across enterprise reducing physical server count by 200 servers saving 1.2M. Implemented VMWARE for desktops saving 160K annually in PC costs.
- Developed web infrastructure with physical servers, load balancers, and on-demand virtual servers. Utilizing Agile Scrum methodologies and techniques increased web orders and claims by 50 .
- Expanded responsibilities included risk management, FISMA, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, and SAS70 compliance. Performed annual COBIT audits
- Implemented HIPAA 4010 ASC X12 EDI eligibility / claim translation and transaction systems saving 300K annually in outsourcing costs. Required extensive business rule analysis.
- Extensive workflow analysis of 200 Associate Call Center. Implemented call recording and instant messaging technology allowing faster Supervisor support and reducing problem calls by 20 a month.
The 14th largest telecommunication company in the country. Sold to Choice One Communication in 2002.
Director, Information Systems
- Joined start-up as a member of the Senior Management Team responsible for nationwide billing system. Designed new data center and infrastructure with AS400, Solaris workstations, EMC storage, ORACLE database, and Citrix Servers. Supported 650 users and billed over 350,000 access lines a month.
- Implemented EDI with trading partners saving 500K annually in staffing costs.
- Through data filtering Oracle queries created accurate data reducing days to invoice generation from 23 days to 7 days. Increased revenue by reducing error records from 10 monthly to 3 monthly.
Prior positions held:
Technical Systems Manager
Healthcare Systems Consultant