- Solid program and project management experience with emphasis on customer focused technical projects.
- Strong focus on customer relations and profitability.
- In-depth practical knowledge and experience in stakeholder communication, project planning resource planning and staffing, budget, risk, quality, change management, tracking and reporting.
- Demonstrated performance delivering projects within budget, on and ahead of schedule, within scope and compliance contractually.
- Strong managerial skills resulting in cross-functional team building, capability of aligning cross purpose agendas, multi-level motivational management, performance management, reviewing and successful completion of mid-sized and large projects.
- Expertise in the following areas operations management, I.T. management, voice/data/security infrastructure, network design and implementation, Wi-Fi, security cameras, desktop rollouts, help desk management, software migrations, backup and disaster recovery solutions, and information assurance.
Operations Manager, Program Manager, Project Manager
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the company, with emphasis on leadership, technology, program and project management. Led in the effort to create a Remote Monitoring and Management system to support customer's networks, help desk and disaster recovery requirements. Manage proposals, contract negotiations, and manage contract administration. Perform as program and project manager, identify personnel requirements, develop job descriptions, research salaries, and personally recruit and subsequently train and manage teams consisting of team leads, recruiters, systems engineers, administrators, PC techs, IA personnel and software developers for various projects as well as daily field desktop and network support activities.
- Active in budget creation and maintenance, P/L goals and vision for company. Develop and maintain vendor relationships. Provide direct hands-on customer support and project management support in defining, costing, pricing and delivering HW and SW requirements.
- Examples of successful projects include:
- Recently completed a contract as a US Project Manager for global IFS projects at PwC in Tampa. Part of a global management team, US/UK , managing a SW migration project to include upgrading and implementing Windows OS, Office 2013, Java, IE11 and Notes 9. I manage a global US/UK/India team of software analysts and testers in order to test and certify the compatibility of over 1100 SW applications. This includes working with Technical Design Authorities to determine server requirements, get quotes, and purchase server clusters to house VDIs and ePO Security SW for testing staging environment. PwC serves over 100,000 users globally.
- Currently a Program Manager for Orange County, Ocoee, Miami, Miami Gardens and Lakeland, FL. Provide leadership, governance, tracking and client relations for team of Traffic Camera Violation processers under a long-term contract.
- Recruited for and directed three infrastructure improvement projects including the installation of structured cabling, wireless access points, IP phones and POE switches. The third project included the installation of patient monitoring devices for each bed and A/V equipment, along with the infrastructure to support them. All projects delivered on-time, within budget, and received high customer accolades
Recruited for and managed desktop rollout, then provided field support for over 500 workstations, provided site surveys, installations and support of Wi-Fi mesh networks and routers at airports throughout Florida. Exceeded customer expectations, delivered ahead of schedule.
Recruited and hired fifty desktop technicians and systems engineers, within a single week, which won the contract. Provided project management and migrated over 2500 workstations, with project delivered on-time and within budget.
Recruited teams of installation technicians and managed projects in Birmingham, Alabama and throughout Florida. Projects delivered on time and within budget.
Recruited, staffed and managed teams of installation technicians for several locations including Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami, Tallahassee, and Central Florida locations. All projects were time-sensitive and delivered on-time and within budget.
Provided, outsourced, on-call IT Management. Designed and installed voice and data infrastructure. Provided structured cabling, Nortel telephony system, Windows network servers and desktops. Provided remote and on-site system administration and desktop support for Orlando office.
Provided project management, site surveys, structured cabling, installations and support of Wi-Fi mesh networks at resorts throughout Florida.
Statewide I.T. Manager
- Provided leadership managing team of IS professionals serving five regional offices and fifteen field offices throughout Florida. Provided performance reviews, created and maintained IT budget, provided asset management, helpdesk management, vendor management and purchasing of all IT equipment, implementation management, scheduled and managed all hardware and software upgrades.
- Examples of successful results include:
- Upgraded TCP/IP WAN infrastructure statewide.
- Provided project management on software development project, beta testing and implementation of Changepoint - project management centric application.
- Wrote training manual and provided training for trainers and end-users of Changepoint.
Recruited and provided project management for a team of 15 technical personnel providing a worldwide desktop migration of over 4000 Microsoft NT 4.0 Workstations from Orlando. This consisted of network OS upgrades, Lotus Notes upgrade and Microsoft Office upgrades. Provided resource management performance reviews, project tracking charting, scope management, change management, total quality management, milestone and status reviews and customer satisfaction. Provided asset management, software testing and certification for deployment. Provided level II customer support and training for end users. Provided weekly / monthly production reports to the Prime.
This project received many accolades from the Prime and the end user. Started by setting up a stocking depot laser printer service center within Westinghouse for repairs of their Lexmark and HP printers, cutting printer down time to four hours or less.