To obtain a challenging and rewarding position where I can effectively utilize my expertise in grant administration, policy interpretation and project management.
Post-Award Administrator, OSPA
- Award implementation and maintenance including careful review of award guidelines and terms and conditions, reading and interpreting contracts processing of documents and securing of missing information validating budgets update of proprietary SQL database notification of appropriate faculty and staff including procurement staff and the Provost's Office and updating of tracking software
- Processing and submission of extension of time requests, advanced account requests, budget revisions, revised proposals, and other post-award actions
- Validate appropriateness of finance-related requests and apply that information to award set-ups when required.
- Answering questions from faculty, staff and sponsors and providing them with the support required.
Pre-Award Grant Development Specialist, Dept. of Electrical Computer Engineering
- Grant Coordinator for proposal development and submission process for Federal grants including researching the applicable guidelines, rules and regulations monitoring the OSPA requirements
- Preparation of budgets for all proposals and preparation of budget revisions as required by sponsor.
- Research budget development, analysis and monitoring
- Research expenditure tracking and reporting
- Developed a proprietary database to store and retrieve data related to funding proposals to insure that all requirements were fulfilled and all deadlines were met.
- Assist Director of Graduate Education with management of graduate applications and admissions, updating the ADIN system and the Engineering College database, corresponding with potential graduate students and selected graduate students.
- Targeted grant research
- Funding development through research of industry trends, program development
- Preparation and submission of proposals in for state and Federal grants.
- Management of administrative tasks on all awards including monitoring of report submission requirements
President and Primary Consultant
- Grant writing including major Federal grant proposals for DHHS, NIH, US Dept. of Education, and others.
- Information Technology consulting particularly in the areas of requirements gathering, data analysis, database design and development.
- Reading, writing, and negotiating contracts
- Business research and development consulting including grant writing and preparing responses to RFPs.
- Training development and presentation particularly in the areas of business writing, Six Sigma process improvement, and Project Management
Information Technology Specialist Project Manager
- Project Manager for project with international impact and a budget in excess of 5 million.
- Managed and directed the work of internal IT staff as well as contracted employees
- Wrote, negotiated and managed large Federal contracts requiring the knowledge and understanding of Federal regulations including circular A-76 and the FAR
- Primary database developer and manager with responsibility for overseeing user access, database operation, performance monitoring, software upgrades and all other facets of database management
- Primary data analyst for all project development including extensive experience with business requirements gathering, requirements analysis, data documentation and analysis, and database design.
- Managed software testing process at all levels
- Extensive training and experience in ORACLE database, ORACLE application development tools, and ORACLE Designer. Experience with other SQL-based databases
- Developed and documented extensive Disaster Recovery Plan including risk analysis, risk mitigation plans, and plan implementation.
- Application development using Liquid Office, JAVA, ORACLE, Lotus notes and others
- Prepared technical documentation including system and user documentation