- Over 8+ years of experience as a Senior Business Analyst /Scrum Master with extensive and diversified IT experience inBanking, Insurance, Ecommerce & Finance domains.
- Extensive experience to analyze and document business requirements and system functional specifications including Business Requirement Documents, Functional Specification Documents, Requirement Traceability Matrices.
- Knowledge of Business Process Modeling, UML diagrams such as Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Entity Relationship(ER) diagramsusing MS Visio, Rational Rose.
- Expertise in prototyping, wireframes, and mock - up screens using Balsamiq Mock-up and MS Visio.
- Expertise in conducting GAP analysis, Impact analysis, Risk analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit analysis, Feasibility Analysis.
- Thorough knowledge in creating and maintainingTest Plans, Test Scenarios, Test cases using HP QC/ALM, Jira.
- Expertise in executing User Acceptance Testing, Usability Testing, Beta Testing and Regression Testing.
- Extensive knowledge in creating project plan, management and status reports using MS-Project, JIRA and document management tool such as SharePoint.
- As a certified Scrum Master has intensiveexperience in coaching/mentoring team members in agile- scrum practices.
- Knowledge of Sprint Backlog Prioritization Techniques using MoSCoW, Kano, Relative Mass Valuation, User Story Estimation Techniques using Planning Poker, T-Shirt Sizing, and Backlog grooming tools.
- Strong skills in Data Analysis, Data Requirement Analysis, Data Modeling and Data Mapping, Data Migration, knowledge of transition rules and Data Validation pertaining to ETL process.
- Extensive Experience in Agile, Waterfall and Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid models of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project life cycle.
- Expertise in database queries on various RDBMS like My SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and data cube technology.
- Extensive experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Defect Life Cycle.
- Wide exposure to Data Warehousing Architecture, implementation approaches, schemas, dimensional modeling and translating business requirements into various dimensions.
- I have knowledge in webservices, WSDL, SOAP, UDDI, REST under Three-Tier Architecture and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Sound knowledge in writing SQL queries and proficient in working in Java and .NET platforms.
Designer Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio, Balsamiq Mock Up, SharePoint, Adobe CQ
Test Management Tools: HP QC, ALM, Jira, Black Box testing, UAT, Usability Testing, Black Box Testing, Regression Testing
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid
Project Management Tools: MS Project, Jira, MS SharePoint
Relational Databases: SQL Server, Oracle 11g/10g, MySQL, Teradata, DB2, Sybase
ETL/BI Tools: Data Stage 8.0.1, Informatica, Cognos, Tableau, SPSS
Operating Systems: Windows 2008/XP, Vista
Web Analytics Tools: Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics
DBMS Tools: TOAD 8.x/9.x/10.x, SQL Developer
Senior Business System Analyst / Scrum Master
- Developed knowledge on insurance industry concepts such as insurance lifecycle,limits, premiums and deductibles, types of insurance such as liability coverage, comprehensive coverage in order to have a better understanding of gathering requirements.
- Identified, analyzed, researched, defined and documented the business processes by conducting various requirement workshops with key stakeholders.
- Designed and developed UML diagrams using MS Visio, facilitated designing prototypes, wireframes& mockup screens for illustration of various reporting modules, architecture and dashboard of the PCI environment.
- Conducted Joint Application Development sessions with relevant Subject Matter Experts such as Data Warehouse Database Analysts, Developers, Architect and Sales & marketing managers to assess and document the business rules, requirements and functionalities of the TO-BE system.
- Did Gap Analysis between the current state and future data warehouse environment identifying data gaps, quality issues, pertinent data mapping & transformation rules.
- Identified data sources, entity names, attributes, primary and foreign keys.
- Worked closely with the data warehouse development team to ensure user requirements and issues are being addressed, while controlling scope.
- Helped identify potential sources of behavioral, interaction, descriptive data for the data warehouse and assisted DW data analysts in mapping tasks.
- Did data profiling, monitoring data quality & performance based on Acceptance Criteria.
- Wrote SQL queries for backend validation testing.
- Was responsible for overall coordination of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and training.
- Created high level requirement artifacts such as Business Requirement Document & Functional Specification Document.
- As a Scrum Master facilitated all scrum ceremonies.
- Helped Product Owner in creation and maintenance of Product Backlog by applying MoSCoW prioritization and INVEST criteria.
- Assisted scrum development team in breaking down epics into user stories, estimation of user stories using the Planning Poker technique, integrating business & technical spikes whenever necessary and forming sprint tasks from the estimated user stories.
- Resolved impediments and facilitated team in preparing scrum artifacts such as sprint burndown and release Burndown charts.
Application Environment:Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid, .NET, DB2 Enterprise Server Edition, SPSS Modeler, IBM Cognos, HP ALM, IBM Data Stage 8.0.1, Data Generator, Apache Tomcat 5.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
- Developed thorough knowledge on web content management using tools such as Adobe CQ, B2C electronic commerce, Association Rule Learning in Data Mining and content management products such as SharePoint.
- Demonstrated logical, rigorous and analytical breaking down ofcomplex requirements, processes, features and business needs specifically focused on web content management, portal applications and e-commerce solutions to form high level user stories.
- Facilitated scrum team in estimation of user stories using T shirt Sizing technique.
- Enabled improvement in team delivery commitments and capacity planning for sprints by identifying & tracking hidden tasks.
- Coached team members in Agile framework, mediating through conflicts, fostering self-organization of the team and assisting the scrum team in making decisions.
- Assisted the Product Owner in prioritizing the Product Backlog Items using MoSCoW technique and facilitated all scrum ceremonies.
- Always mediated the general conflict of goals between development team and product owner.
- Facilitated scrum development team in creating traceability matrix,mapping requirements to test cases using JIRA.
Application Environment:Agile, Java, MS Visio, MS BizTalk Server, SharePoint 2013 V 15.0, Balsamiq Mock up, Oracle Endeca Server, JIRA, Adobe CQ.
Confidential, New York
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Charted the Project Scope & Business Process Flow
- Used several elicitation techniques such as face to face interviews, focus groups & prototyping to understand business goals clearly.
- Did Gap Analysis to estimate the current status of project & the future goals that needs to be achieved.
- Prepared artifacts such as Business Requirement Document (BRD) & Software Requirement Specification (SRS).
- Created detailed use case diagrams by specifying actors, normal flows, alternate &exceptional flows using Rational Rose.
- Extensively facilitated ETL process, ETL strategy consisting of data extraction from Big district databases, deciding on transformation rules, data staging, sourcing and mapping.
- Facilitated Entity Relationship (ER) modeling to normalize the data collected from heterogeneous sources by reducing redundancy.
- Also was an extensive part of dimensional modeling consisting of dimensions, fact tables and star schemas.
- Extensively used OLAP tools like drill down, roll up, slicing dicing, on data cubes.
- Created test suites, test plans and executed test cases in HP QC
- Was involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and usability testing of the web page. Also facilitated Regression Testing.
Application Environment: Waterfall, Java, z/OS IBM mainframes, IBM DB2 V9.7, Cognos Reporting Application Environment, HP QC, Rational Rose, Informatica.
Confidential, Pennington, NJ
Senior Business System Analyst
- Captured requirements by conducting interviews with stakeholders, brainstorming sessions with stakeholders and created the Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Coordinated with Tech Lead to create Functional Specification Document (FSD) and had it base-lined.
- Was extensively involved in pre-migration planning and pre-migration Impact Assessment.
- Shadowed Lead Data Migration Analyst in creating exact copy of Sybase DB in Oracle and copying all the data; later copying the data from the temporary Oracle DB to the target data repository, by writing SQL queries.
- Was extensively involved in creating detailed data dictionary, developed high level source to target mapping specification to identify high level objects and relationships that will be linked during the migration.
- Documented Requirements Traceability Matrix in HP ALM after documenting the requirements against the associated test cases along with their status.
- As a Senior Business System Analyst facilitated the data migration process from Sybase to Oracle database by identifying data sources, data profiling& cleaning, created conceptual model and logical models.
- Developed transformations and rules used to map the legacy and target environments accurately.
- Was involved in writing test cases, test plans and test scenarios along with the testing team; User Acceptance Testing (UAT) issue log for tracking the defects in HP ALM and collaborated with system users to conduct UAT.
Application Environment:Waterfall, Java, Oracle, Sybase, MS Visio, HP ALM, MS Project, Tableau, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Senior Business Analyst
- Conducted requirement gathering sessions in the form of questionnaires and face to face interviews with key stakeholders.
- Analyzed and documented business requirements and meeting minutes.
- Developed screen mock-ups and wireframes using Mockups and use cases using MS Visio.
- Gathered requirements for web content management to increase the website efficiency.
- Associated Finance Manager in studying, analyzing and documenting Cost Benefit Analysis.
- Responsible for testing the web application with Manual and Automated strategies.
- Performed user acceptance testing (UAT) to validate user requirements.
- Developed training curriculum, conducted formal training sessions covering assigned systems module and provided technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching Junior Business Analysts.
- Acted as a liaison between the end users, business team and the technical team,effectively communicated business needs and requirements of end users to the technical team.
- Elicited requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluated information gathered from multiple sourcesin association with the Business Owner& Project Manager, reconciled conflicts and drilled down high-level information to create detailed use cases using MS Visio.
- Coordinated with technical leads& developers to transform and develop new requirements into website design and implementation.
- Interfaced with vendor partners and designed optimal solutions for integration with web services portal.
- Created and maintained workflows, approval processes, and validation rules based on internal stakeholder requirements.
- Assisted Project Manager in tracking the status of the project using MS Project.
- Created training materials and documentation for web portal users, trained new end users on related applications and was actively involved in the User Acceptance Test (UAT).
Application Environment:Waterfall, ASP.NET Ajax, Windows 2008, MS Visio, HP ALM, MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
Junior Business Analyst
- Shadowed Senior Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts in designing the business requirement elicitation approach based on the project scope and Waterfall SDLC methodology.
- Assisted Senior Business Analysts in face to face interviews with key business users to gatherprime requirements and business process information.
- Assisted Facilities Manager in Business development and performed Critical Path Analysis.
- Developed artifacts such as Business Process Flow, Business Requirement Document, were alsoinvolved in developing the Functional Specification Document.
- Assisted Senior Analysts in performingextensive Document Reviews and GAP Analysis to develop a thorough understanding of AS-IS business process model and TO-BE business process model.
- Worked with GUI development, requirements creation/design to create the initial UI wireframes, and mockups using Visio.
- Shadowed Senior Business Analysts in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Developed requirement reports for day-to-day demat account banking needs for opening account &online banking activities using Visio.
Application Environment:Waterfall,Visio, .NET, HP ALM, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes
- Chief Product Manager and Senior Business Analyst Resume Los Angeles, CA
- Scrum Master / Senior Business Analyst Resume Charlotte, NC
- Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager Resume Decatur, GA
- Program Manager/Senior Business Project Manager Resume Windsor, CT
- Senior Business Initiatives Project Manager Resume Minneapolis, Minnesota