Project Management professional responsible for leading teams through full project life cycle deliveries spanning across one or more business units, programs, or initiatives. Proven ability to manage resources, schedule, financials, and adhere to quality SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes managing issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery and client satisfaction.
Sr. Project Manager Business Risk Office Consultant
- Lead and managed a companywide initiative to include designing and advising on solutions to address IT and operational leadership, governance, risk management and collaboration challenges.
- Engaged senior executive leadership in major change initiatives and best practice risk and decision-making processes, facilitating cross team coordination and communication, and implementing industry methods and best practices for strategic planning, change management and portfolio/program/project management, in a financial system and IT environment.
- Designed, developed, and managed all project related documentation including but not limited to SOWS, Project Plans, Project Charter, training documentation, policies and procedure updates in a complex dynamic environment and revised needs to meet changing requirements
- Managed multiple competing priorities that were in different phases of the Release timeline
- Ensured projects were being documented appropriately to mitigate risk and to be delivered on time and also within budget.
- Leveraged problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project plans were delivered on intent and according to initial project scope.
- Was involved in Commercial Bank project Auditing functional risk assessments.
- Partnered cross-functionally with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Built relationships and collaborated with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Demonstrated a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Managed risks through a comprehensive risk register and changes via Change Management processes.
- Experience in working with remote teams, Business Analyst, Development and QA testing teams
- Involved with all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle STLC , Software Development Life Cycle SDLC in Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing, and development of Configuration Documentation
Blue Cross/Blue Shield Confidential
Business Project Manager Consultant
- As a Business Project Manager, I was responsible for a full lifecycle project implementation and managed the project budget of 3Million.
- Translated requirements and tasks associated with the project into a project schedule with an appropriate timeline maintained the baseline project schedule accurately throughout the life of the project.
- Anticipated and Identified risks and issues that threatened project scope or timelines and implemented risk mitigation and contingency strategies to circumvent and/or resolve.
- Managed the end-to-end activities manual and automated testing to achieve desired project outcome.
- Documented all surrounding business processes, as well as interfaced with 3rd parties providing oversight of project related third party vendor engagement and performance.
- Resource Management by utilizing Planview application people, funding, material, support to keep project moving towards completion and provided leadership in motivating subordinates
- Motivated, managed and influenced 96 virtual, onshore and offshore resources to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Managed all contractual, technical, financial, and administrative functions associated with the project. Responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of the work group, managing performance to meet task, resource and time requirements while serving as a resource for others in work group.
- Prioritized assignments according to implementation schedule, in order to exceed/maintain client satisfaction while offering process management and change management solutions, and proper testing methods.
- Provided mentoring, assisted with skill development, and motivated other PMO personnel.
- Provided roles and responsibilities to significant team members assured team members understand their roles and responsibilities and consistently fulfill identified responsibilities.
- Lead project teams and responsible for delivering projects on time, within scope and budget and with quality in accordance with the project charter.
- Identified, evaluated and ensured appropriate mitigating actions and plans were in place for all project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies, escalated to Senior Project Manager/Program Manager with suggested mitigating actions for implementation.