Project Manager Business Analyst with 15 years of experience implementing the end-to-end project lifecycle SDLC . Areas of expertise include Project Management Business Analyst roles 9 yrs. , Strategy Planning, Presentation, Tech Writing, Business Intelligence BI /Data Warehousing DW 9 yrs. , Master Data Management MDM , Data Governance, Database SQL Server 15 yrs. , Network/Systems Admin.in the Information Technology Hardware, Software, Networking Services , Healthcare IT Pharmaceuticals 4 yrs. , Insurance 6 months and Financials/Banking 2.5 yrs. industries.
Leadership experience 9 years
Project Management methodologies
- Strong experience managing driving daily project activities using traditional PMP/PMI critical path project lifecycle approach, as well as Agile/Scrum methodology and Waterfall technique.
- Experience leading 3 major types of Projects Infrastructure Data Center Server/Storage/Networking/Software , Business SMEs and DW/Business Intelligence, as further detailed in my Project Management portfoli summary.
Drive Detailed Business/Functional Technical Requirements Gathering, Publications
- Strong experience driving and documenting business and technical requirements from the highest business use level though the most detailed, granular level, including the entire Work Breakdown Structure WBS .
- Wrote/published whitepapers and technical User Guides on the subject of Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing/Big Data/Hadoop for HP Active Answers HP/Microsoft Analytics solutions.
Foster Team Work, Encourage Leadership roles, Lead by example t maximize Productivity
- Solid experience fostering team work by clearly defining roles scope, meeting with individuals sub-teams proactively
- Encourage leadership role development by assigning key task ownership t individuals
- Lead by example w/ deep SDLC knowledge, proactively reach out t sub/teams as needed t further maximize productively
Project Management, Presentation Business Analyst software tools
Microsoft Project, OneNote, PowerPoint, Visio, ERwin, Excel, SQL, Access, HP Agile Manager, UML CASE methodology
ERP, CRM experience 7 years
- SAP/BW Experience with numerous SAP SAP BW implementations as part of very large EDW, BI project
- Siebel Oracle Life Sciences Lead data migration for sales force project for major pharmaceutical company
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Lead reporting system architecture, design and development for healthcare project
- PeopleSoft Oracle Usage primarily as an end user
- ACT Contact Management Lead data migration reporting system architecture development healthcare project
Energy Oil Gas industry training in progress
- Politics in Energy, Financial Management, Access Exploration
- Production of Oil Gas, Natural Gas LNG
- Crude Oil Market, Oil Gas transportation
- Refining business, Petroleum Products Petrochemicals, Future of the Global Oil Gas Industry
Financials/Banking Insurance experience 2.5 years
- Jack Henry Associates Solutions Architect/Lead for successful 1B, 30 yrs. Banking/Financials software company specializing in several core competencies GL, Deposits, Loans, Fees, Profitability, Forecasting Teller systems
- SAP Financials Experience at HP w/ numerous core R/3 financial systems SAP BW reporting system implementations
- Nations Holding Company Familiarity with title insurance business
Healthcare IT experience 4 years
- Examinetics Healthcare Audio/Drug testing Technical PM/Project Coordinator, Data Engineer/Developer worked closely with Audiologists, Audio/Drug Medical Assistants/testers, marketing, sales force and other healthcare professionals t build audi and drug testing software solution as regulated by strict OSHA and HIPPA guidelines.
- Sanofi-Aventis Teva Neuroscience Pharmaceuticals Data/Solutions Engineer implementing Siebel Life Sciences sales force system working closely with Nurses, Doctors, Pharmacists, marketing, sales force and other healthcare professionals.
- Hospital Industry knowledge Basic familiarity with Hospital departments, procedures systems ER, PACU, CATH LAB, APC, M ICU, OR, PEDU, L D, APC, EMR/EHR systems, Regulatory, Security, Bus. Ops/Org. behavior, Epic Cerner
Regulatory compliance standards
Experience detailing implementing comprehensive HIPAA, OSHA Sarbanes-Oxley SOX requirements
Business Analyst Project Manager
- Lead team of developers, engineers and QA engineers t develop key differentiator software tools t optimize networking, hardware, storage and software stacks for Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence Big Data/Hadoop analytics appliance solution. Our key differentiator software tools program succeeded capturing 75 of the total market share over our competitors.
- Analyzed/assessed/estimated cost vs. benefit/documented business marketing value of each possible key feature drove deep discussions w/ management, marketing technical leads t determine high-level scope for each upcoming release.
- Drove creation of very detailed-level work breakdown structure WBS , paramount t effectively assess mitigate risks early.
- Hands on, leading team through complete business technical requirements gathering documentation process.
- Special emphasis on strategy business and technical planning, including resourcing, equipment and detailed budgeting.
- Drove daily activities in all project lifecycle phases using PMI critical path Strategy Planning, Execution, control closure.
- Drove agile project management approach, aligning project iterations based on user stories deliverables by priority.
- Detailed oriented approach, drove daily defect resolution process and worked in Lab Data Center .
- Lead daily check-point Scrum meetings, managing daily communication amongst QA, Development, Engineering and Lab Management teams spanned across multiple locations and countries/time zones, including offshore virtual teams.
- Used Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Visio, OneNote and Excel for numerous business technical functions, als t report project progress key metrics/deliverables regularly t management key stakeholders.
- Managed relationships with vendors, external departments and processes i.e. New Product Introduction, Houston Factory E2E build processes, Supply Chain, marketing, training, als customer implementation, upgrade support.
- Wrote published BI/Data Warehouse whitepapers on HP Active Answers.
- Project Coordinator for Global Business Intelligence GBI Data Warehousing project in part of very large enterprise scale Data Center Consolidation IT transformation. Significant accomplishments of the project include consolidating over 750 data marts int a single EDW, consolidating 85 data centers int 6, while reducing overall IT spending from 4 t 1.5 of annual revenue.
- Analyzed business use cases of legacy go-forward BI/DW reporting systems t formulate statement of work SOW , conceptual data model CDM , then Logical Physical Data Model using Inmon/Kimball architecture n-Tier hybrid approach.
- Drove deep discussions on complex data architecture challenges with key business SMEs and architects, striving t influence the stakeholders t agree upon best compromise solution. Presented multiple possible solutions in nonbiased manor, determined t deliver the best overall solution for the business.
- Lead daily activities for numerous teams Business Analysts SMEs, Development, QA, Architecture and Management on E2E design implementation of BI/DW go-forward reporting solution in order t retirement legacy data store assets.
- Lead teams t resolve defects/issues, discuss/weigh pro/cons and risks of each change request.
- Led physical data model implementation process amongst numerous teams of Business Analysts, Data Architects, QA, ETL Developers, DBAs, PMs, Senior Managers, Directors and VPs, across very large global IT project 500 stakeholders .
- Led Release Management process for Data Architecture team, ensuring precise compliance t internal SOX regulations.
Senior Business Intelligence, OLAP Solutions Architect
- Architected and developed Business Intelligence BI Data Warehouse DW solution in all stages of the project lifecycle beginning with working closely with SMEs in Researching Gathering Business Requirements
- Designed, diagramed Conceptual/Logical/Physical Data Model w/ Star Snowflake Schema Architecture Design, ETL Development, Dimension Cube design, Report, Insight Dashboard Development, SQL Server SSAS Metadata repository analysis.
- Planned Unit, UAT QA testing processes
- Assisted with Technical Documentation Implementation, upgrades and support
Project Coordinator, Project Lead, Senior Database Software Engineer
- Project Coordinator/Project Lead/Data Engineer/Software Engineer for CRM, Decision Support B2B reporting solution architected with SQL Server, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains GP , FoxPr and .NET technologies.
- Lead all phases of the project lifecycle including business analysis planning, architecture design, development, change control, training and support.
Lead Database Administrator DBA , Consultant
- Lead DBA team t develop stored procedures for database manipulation, database design changes, replication, metadata analysis and upgrade/migration functions using Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 6.5 .
- Improved performance of application by limiting the number and content of AD-HOC queries from PowerBuilder while adding needed indexes and removing unused indexes. Created DTS packages t clean and import databases from SQL 6.5 t 7.0.
- Analyzed performance of PowerBuilder OLTP application consisting of 21-SQL 7.0 replicated databases. Wrote replication manual describing stored procedures, SQL jobs, processes and fail-over procedures t ensure 24/7 database accessibility.
- Developed stored procedures t validate and remedy synchronization issues caused by network WAN problems. Created data model of ideal database based on analysis of application reporting, OLTP and DSS usage current software and hardware considerations.
- Managed Administered ISP Data Center Web farm of pharmaceutical websites.
- Performed SQL Server Database Administration.
- Siebel 2000 Life Sciences Data Solutions Engineering
- Imported and mapped Oracle databases t Siebel EIM tables.
- Modified EIM tables t include necessary relationships, re-designing databases as necessary.
- Created middle tier pick lists and drop down windows t form Siebel applets on thin/dedicated clients.
- Developed and customized Siebel reports with Actuate Developer Workbench Actuate Software .
- Defined Siebel workflow process t form triggers and views, conforming t business rules.
- Created triggers in test environment t roll back data changes, forming business rules.
- Worked on frontend Windows module and report development on Siebel Life Sciences pharmaceutical sales system
- Performed backend Oracle database migration and updates on Siebel Life Sciences pharmaceutical sales system. Wrote stored procedures t perform data imports and manipulations t integrate with Siebel Life Sciences pharmaceutical sales data.
- Created user responsibilities Views t further control user update capabilities.
- Performed research and technical writing on numerous software products.
Skills, technical experience summary CONT'D from page 1
- Databases Languages
- SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2005/2000/7.0/6.5, Oracle 8i/7.3, HP Neoview NonStop SQL/MX, IBM DB2 UDB, Access, Visual FoxPr 8/7/6, t-SQL, MDX, SQL CLR Visual Studi .NET 2003/2005 c , vb.net . Training - MySQL, PostgreSQL PL/SQL.
- Data Warehouse Appliance and Reference Architecture solutions
- Neoview HP , SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse PDW SQL Server Fast Track HP-Microsoft . Training - Vertica HP
- ETL, OLAP-BI Reporting Tools
- SSIS DTS , Analysis Services, Reporting Services, Business Objects/Crystal Reports SAP , Team Foundation Server TFS , AlphaBlox IBM , Siebel Oracle , Actuate, ACT Best Great Plains Microsoft .
- Training - Cognos IBM , Hyperion Bri , ProClarity Microsoft , Data Integrator SAS/B , Informatica, DIAL HP Ascential.
- Virtualization, Data Modeling other miscellaneous tools
- Erwin CA , WinRunner/TestDirector, Quality Center/ALM HP/Mercury , IRS HP , SIM HP/Compaq , Active Directory, LANDesk Intel , WebTrends, SiteScope, Source Control tools, Hyper-V Microsoft and Virtuozz SWsoft
- Operating Systems, Servers
- Windows, Linux Red Hat, UNIX, AS400 iSeries, Macintosh and DOS
- IBM, Compaq HP ProLiant DL 2-8 CPU 8-80 Core Servers, Blades: AD, DC, DHCP, DNS, Hyper-V, SQL, Oracle, Exchange, Lync, Web, IRS, SIM, SharePoint
- P2000 MSA Fibre Channel, SAN/NAS, D6000 JBOD SAS direct-attached, RAID 0/1/5/6/1 0 hardware software config
- HP Fibre Channel, Ethernet InfiniBand DDR, QDR FDR Switches, Cisc Firewall, Arca Symphony Simulator and Routers.