An enterprising and forward-thinking information technology project manager, with a strong background in systems analysis and engineering, network administration, hardware and software, IT security, computer operations, applications development, upgrades and integrations. Leverages outstanding communication skills to coordinate with customers and ensure satisfaction. As an accomplished leader, ensures teams achieve objectives within established timelines and deliver top results.
- Project Manager of software development and integration team.
- Managed a team of 8 engineers to develop software and integrate hardware and 3rd party software to create a virtualized cyber prototyping enclave.
- Updated Microsoft Project schedule, creates weekly update slides and numerous reports.
- Attended customer meetings to coordinate work and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Mission Applications Team Lead coordinated activities of Software Installation Team for Government Agency.
- Provided management and scheduling of team installing GOTS software across sixty systems at multiple sites.
- Managed team to ensure they are cross-trained on the various applications.
- Coordinated with stakeholders to keep everyone informed of team activities.
- ScrumMaster for Agile development effort.
Managed the following projects for BAE Systems
Cyber Security Project Manager
- Project Manager at Leading Edge NOSC Environment LENE coordinating activities of Cyber Security team.
- Managed Microsoft Project schedule to deliver upgraded versions of anomaly/malware detection software.
- Assisted in coordination of Proposal Development Center build out.
- Managed budget, invoices and team training.
- Hired and managed summer interns.
System Integrator/Cost Account Manager
- Cost Account Manager for large multi-company Java development effort for Government Agency
- Provided management, integration and coordination of multiple teams on large Java development project across multiple companies.
- Successfully developed and implemented CMMI Level 3 processes and procedures.
- Successfully provided assistance to Quality Assurance team resulting in passed QA audit.
- Supported Earned Value Management System EVMS system by providing schedules, Basis Of Estimates, Variance Reports, Baseline Change Requests on monthly and ad hoc basis.
- Managed the software, integration and test teams which grew from 5 to 21 members over the course of the project and allocated resources as needed.
- Created several versions of an Integrated Program Baseline resource loaded Microsoft Project schedule and proposed to the Government customer.
- Delivered all documentation on time and successfully completed nodal Development Test and Evaluation and Security Verification Testing ahead of schedule.
- Established Project Management Office for Government Agency with management responsibility for forty projects.
- Aligned the existing customer processes and procedures with Project Management Framework to generate a tailored project lifecycle process.
- Created Microsoft Project schedules for the larger projects.
- Assisted customer project leads in creating requirements, requirements analysis, design, project schedules, lifecycle documentation and briefing slides to manage and guide projects to completion.
- Updated Lotus Notes application to bring it into alignment with PMF processes and procedures.
- Analyzed requirements to determine correct vendor and help customer acquire best software and hardware for project.
- Initiated project and defined Customer and System Requirements for an in-house IT system to store, analyze data and create reports for the Human Smuggling and Trafficking Center.
Project Manager 9
- Managed a thirty person JAVA development team for a Government Agency utilizing Agile methodology.
- Worked in Project Management Office PMO to determine correct Agile approach for large J2EE development project.
- Coordinated the work of the three development teams, DBAs, requirements team, configuration management team, Quality and Assurance team, test team during iterative two-week development cycle concluding each iteration with a deployable build.
- Used Primavera Project Manager to manage project backlog.
- Conducted Weekly Scrums and created risk register and risk mitigation activities.
- Concluded the project with a successful delivery of J2EE application.
- Created Lessons Learned document.
- Managed and supervised a team of thirteen people with twelve concurrent multi-task development and integration tasks plus O M team for a Government Agency.
- Coordinated all aspects of requirements, schedules, performance metrics, and coordination and completion of tasks. Created an Integrated Program Baseline with resource loading in Microsoft Project.
- Created all lifecycle documentation including Statements of Work and risk register and risk mitigation activities.
- Managed all maintenance activities and allocated resources as needed.
- Prepared weekly and monthly program status reviews and financial reports and presented to Government customer. Communicated issues and solutions to the Government PM as needed.
- Achieved an excellent rating from customer that allowed the contract to continue another year.
- Managed and supervised team of nine people at Government Agency.
- Coordinated the work of the team to create floor plans for new network in dispersed geographic areas and delivered the planning documentation on time to the network team.
- Managed a development team of ten people for Government Agency
- Designed, developed and implemented multiple applications including Project Lifecycle workflow and Configuration Management applications in Lotus Notes.
- Performed Software Quality Assurance duties and created documentation based on IEEE specifications pertinent to the project lifecycle process.
- Concluded the project with a successful delivery.
- Managed and supervised a team of five people for Government Agency.
- Delivered Configuration Management for two projects as well as Windows NT, Lotus Notes administration with Microsoft SQL backend.
- Concluded the project with a successful delivery.
Booz-Allen and Hamilton/Associate III
- Developed PowerBuilder application with MS SQL Server RDBMS backend.
- Installed and configured Microsoft Internet Information Server system.
- Developed Active Server Pages Web application using FrontPage 98 with a Microsoft Access 97 RDBMS.
Digital Equipment Corporation/Consultant
- Provided system administration support for RSX11-M, VMS, ULTRIX, DECNET and Windows NT systems.
- Developed programs using Fortran, C, C and Macro-11 Assembly language programming.
Western Union Applications/System Programmer
- Successfully originated internal company development lab.
- Developed and coded Terminal Access Controller HASP interface program.
- Developed and coded system reports using Fortran and provided RSX11-M support.
C.A.C.I. Computer Operator/Programmer
- Wrote, published and automated all IT department processes, procedures and reports for internal accounting department.
- Administered RSX11-M system and provided user support.